Victory in Iraq is OURS!!!

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:15 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

He gassed his own people!!!

Yes. To be more specific, he gassed his own people that were in league with that other person of the triumvirate axishead of evil, IRAN.

For its part, the US would rather MOAB these people instead.

I guess one can argue that MOABING is better than GASSING.

He intentionally killed everyone in an entire town, including women and children - not by mistake, but by design. We never kill non-combatants on purpose. I guess the babies were in league with Iran too, right?

Actually, Churchill gassed the Kurds too. And he bombed them as well, just like Saddam did. Of course, Churchill is long since dead, so we can ignore what he did right?

Let's kill Saddam. Then we can ignore what he did too.

No, thanks. I'd rather give Hussein a fair trial for the crimes he's charged with and then, if he is found guilty, give him the appropriate sentence, which I suspect would be execution.

I am not familiar with the Churchill event. Did he intentionally set out to wipe out an entire town with a specific intent to kill every living thing there?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:18 am
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Yes. To be more specific, he gassed his own people that were in league with that other person of the triumvirate axishead of evil, IRAN.

The Kurds were in league with Iran?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:22 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Outside of Baghdad and Falluja, Iraqi's [sic]are now enjoying a peaceful existance[sic] not seen in more than 30 years.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:23 am
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:29 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

We never kill non-combatants on purpose. I guess the babies were in league with Iran too, right?

No, all our cluster bombs are precisely targeted.
Our depleted uranium is not a problem- for us
When we smashed up Fallujah, we told the civilans to leave- if they had somewhere to go. Only then did we blow them up.

We are the good guys, remember?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
Are the people of Iraq better off today than they were under Saddam?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:42 am
McGentrix wrote:
Saddam apologists give me the urge to defecate.

Outside of Baghdad and Falluja, Iraqi's are now enjoying a peaceful existance not seen in more than 30 years.

Glorifying or apologizing for any dictator's regime as absolutely misplaced. But to state that "outside of Baghdad and Falluja, Iraqi's are now enjoying a peaceful existance" testifies complete blindness for current events.

Here, McGentrix, here's a link for you...

(I absolutely fail to understand why people can't condemn Saddam and simultanously see the situation in Iraq for what it is....)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:43 am
McTag wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

We never kill non-combatants on purpose. I guess the babies were in league with Iran too, right?

When we smashed up Fallujah, we told the civilans to leave- if they had somewhere to go. Only then did we blow them up.

I hope you don't equate morally the age old practice of only targetting combatants, but inevitably hurting some civilians, with the practice of intentionally trying to kill non-combatants including babies.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:44 am
au1929 wrote:

Probably, and if they're not, the fault can be laid at the feet of the insurgents.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:49 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:

Probably, and if they're not, the fault can be laid at the feet of the insurgents.

There wouldn't be insurgents if the US were not occupying the country. Your logic is circular.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:50 am
NickFun wrote:
Brandon, things were not so bad under Saddam for most folks. They had free health care, free schools, including college and homelessness did not exist.

Yeah, and under Mussolini, at least the trains rode on time. And you can say what you want about Hitler, but in Nazi Germany there was full employment - not to mention the beautiful highways they built. And under Stalin, there was little street crime - well, little street crime apart from the state-sponsored stuff, anyway.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:50 am
McGentrix wrote:
Saddam apologists give me the urge to defecate.

Good for you, McG. It's important to stay regular.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:51 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
McTag wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

I hope you don't equate morally the age old practice of only targetting combatants, but inevitably hurting some civilians, with the practice of intentionally trying to kill non-combatants including babies.

This is bull**** and the sad thing is, you appear to believe it.

What I am talking about is the pursuit if a military goal (even when it becomes apparent that none is attainable) with complete disregard of any civilians who might be in the way.

To take only one point, since you mention babies: have you seen the stats for birth defects, and the photographs, in Iraq attributable to the use of depleted uranium ordnance?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 08:58 am
Brandon, Mcg.
Do you still believe that the invasion of Iraq was a necessary action.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:03 am
McGentrix wrote:
If you need to be reminded of what Saddam has done, try these. They are a tad graphic, but the Abu Ghraib pictures seem to turn you lefties on, so maybe these links will as well.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

source

Yes, I do.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:15 am
A humanitarian mission.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:17 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
au1929 wrote:

Sure. You can't blame the invading force for loosing control over the country after having done away with Saddam's version of "law and order".

It actually came from nowhere. Nobody urged Rumsfeld to send more troops, and nobody ever argued that the post-invasion phase should have been planned for.

Nevermind.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 09:43 am
woiyo wrote:
The mayor's letter to Casey is being handed out to families at homecoming ceremonies at Fort Carson, adding a sense of "mission accomplished" to the joy returning soldiers and their families are experiencing, said McMaster's wife, Katie.

I'm glad this is adding a sense of "mission accomplished".

I'm glad US soldiers succeeded in ridding the city of Al Qaeda terrorists that had gained control because of the US invasion of Iraq, even though I find the "collateral damage" more than regrettable.

However, does that mean that the Iraqis are now better off than under Saddam?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:00 am
NickFun wrote:
Brandon, things were not so bad under Saddam for most folks. They had free health care, free schools, including college and homelessness did not exist. Thanks to us there are a million homeless, the schools are gone and no health care. These are things we don't read about here in the states.

Please don't damage the conservatives' fantasy world. They've got so little to hold onto.
0 Replies