Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:13 pm
I can see that mindless religious belief trumps logic here and trying to reason with anti-rights zealots is a waste of time.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
mysteryman wrote:
While its being born it isnt a person,according to Roxxanne.

And to the rest of the lucid population of the world. A person becomes a person when she is born. Not ten minutes before not nine months before.

So if a person was a person before she was born, does that mean that a pregnant woman is still pregnant AFTER she gives birth?

This is becoming curiouser and curiouser.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
Roxxxanne,

We might disagree on things Roxxxanne but that just means we are different. I don't think such labels are necessary.

Could some lucid person please explain to me what the heck being pregnant after you give birth has to do with being a human ten minutes before you are born or not? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
If its not human before it is born,what is it?
A fish?
A horse?
A cow?

What is it?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:39 pm
Figure it out for yourself. I am going out to look for some fenceposts to talk to.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:45 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 09:46 pm
Gosh mysteryman, you had asked that already on page 2.

The law clearly defines what a human being is and what not.
Why this repetitive questioning?

Abortion is legal, deal with it!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:00 pm
snood wrote:
The debate about when life begins rages on, even among scientists.
It most certainly does not. There is no debate about this whatsoever among scientists. It is a well proven fact that life begins with the fertilized egg.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:03 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I wonder how many of the pro-abortion people on here secretly hope that their parents had abortions.
What is your specific definition of a pro-abortion person?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 10:08 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
And you can call the baby growing in the womb any manner of names to avoid recongizing it as human, but it won't change the fact that it is.
Would you be kind enough to provide your definition of "human" and how you justify this definition of "human"?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:36 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Frank,

I have already pointed out to you once that anti-abortionists and pro-choicers are doing the same thing. No one is sticking their nose in anyone's business here. If one is, then the other is. We are just having a discussion. So, why keep bringing that up?

You are advocating that the government STICK ITS NOSE into the right of a woman to decide if she wants to terminate a pregnancy occurring her own body.

YES, MA...you are, by extension, sticking your nose into other people's business.

But you do love cats...so you can't be all bad, even though in this case, you are doing the work of superstition and darkness...trying to set back women's rights 2000 years.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:40 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
Figure it out for yourself. I am going out to look for some fenceposts to talk to.

You'll have a much better audience than some of these people...that's for sure. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 09:43 am
Frank,

Yes, I LOVE cats and I know you do too, so that also gives me hope in respect to you too! :wink: Laughing

Well, if talking on this public forum about abortion is advocating anything then I guess all of us are guilty of it. So, I guess yours, mine, and everyone elses' nose is sticking out just as far as any other. :wink:

Unless, like I said before, it's only okay to do it if you are on a certain side Idea

THESE PEOPLE???????
[/b] Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:05 am
Chumly wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
And you can call the baby growing in the womb any manner of names to avoid recongizing it as human, but it won't change the fact that it is.
Would you be kind enough to provide your definition of "human" and how you justify this definition of "human"?

Human is what we call the only members of the homo sapiens species. A new human being is started when a human sperm enters a human egg which subsequently attaches itself to the wall of a human uterus and begins to grow. Following me so far?

Now there are those who say a very young human, that is one that has been growing for only a few weeks, is not human. Some say this is true because the law says it is true, but these same people would probably disagree that the law was correct when it assigned subhuman status to black people or denied women the right to own property or vote or made abortion illegal period. So we can safely say that depending on the law for our ethics and moral values is an inexact science.

The whole issue of pro-abortion people--that is those who push for, defend, advocate, or make apologies for liberal abortion rights--is that they usually choose to believe that the very young human being is not a human being at all. The prolifers' issue is no matter how young or how old a human being is, it is still a human being. If you start from the moment of birth and count forward, it doesn't matter how old s/he gets, s/he's still a person. And prolifers have no problem of believing s/he was a person in the hours before birth either, or the week before, or the month before, etc. Continuing to count back between the moment of birth and the moment of the egg attaching to the uterine wall, it is problematic for the prolifer to decide the precise moment the being stops being human and becomes something else. Most have a problem thinking that it ever does.

Hope that clears it up for you, and thank you for asking. Smile
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:30 am
Human life is a chain. A sperm and unfertilized eggs are human life. Therefore, we need to make it against the law for men to masturbate.

BTW homo sapiens are only one species of humans. Foxfyre can't get anything right.

And I have to say it again. Reasoning with these anti-rights religious zealouts is a complete waste of time.

No matter how ridiculous their fallacious illogical arguments are, they repeat them ad nauseum as if they are going to convince someone other than their fellow believers. So, they are wasting their own time also but apparently not bright enough to realize it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:33 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

You'll have a much better audience than some of these people...that's for sure. Twisted Evil

And you notice how they never give up repeating the same nonsense while the lucid find better things to do. I guess they think they can win by filibuster.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
Roxxxanne,

Right back at ya girl! You are the one right now repeating you are wasting your time and yet you are still doing it. I'm just sayin.................... :wink:

A sperm or an unfertilized egg is NOT a human being. Can't YOU get anything right? So if you want to call something nonsense, I'd suggest you start with the we need to make it against the law for men to masturbate comment.

Maybe if you'd stop pointing your finger at everyone elses' supposed/alleged/or even real inadequacies, you might just notice that WE ALL HAVE THEM!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:34 pm
*ahem*

I don't.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 12:36 pm
Well then run out and get you one so that you can be like everyone else.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:02 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Hope that clears it up for you, and thank you for asking. Smile

So let's be 100% clear:

Are you saying that a fertilized egg meets your full definition of "human"?

Are you saying your definition of "human" is and only is "members of the homo sapiens species"?
0 Replies