CalamityJane
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:06 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
I think the most important thing to remember here, is that it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS who has an abortion or not. It doesn't affect us in any way if Susie and Joe Lunchbucket want to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy.

Anon


Exactly!!! http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/thumbsup2.gif
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:06 pm
Considering that the rate for first births is 26.4 per 1,000 women aged 15-44 (data from 2000), there seems to be something wrong with the sexual education.
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
Of course it is Walter. Look at the bible belt statistics of
abortion. Those are the states where abstinence is written
in very large letters; sexual education is virtually absent Sad
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:09 pm
Calamity Jane,

I wonder why Louisiana is not on the Number of previous induced legal abortions statistics? If Louisiana is there, I didn't see it.

Even if the statistics showed that only 1% of all abortions were in the multiple-abortion category, I still think something needs to be done about this.

I do understand that many do not feel that a fetus is a child or it's not a child until it's born, etc. But, please try to understand that to those that believe it is a child (from conception or whenafter) it is a human being whose life is being taken away from them.

Anon and others may believe that this is none of my business or anyone else's but, if we do not make it our business then who saves the children? I see abortion as the killing of a child. I make it my business to make sure there are laws in this country against killing others. To me, there is no difference.
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Right MOAN, I agree that we can discuss different opinions,
I disagree when the individual belief becomes a political
issue discriminating against a woman's choices.

You know Finn d'Abuzz, it would be nice if you could
have a source for your statistics. Otherwise it is your opinion
only and you should state that.


Finn considers himself as the authority, he doesn't need sources Smile

I got into the abortion issue with Finn before. He feels that it is the duty of white women (who want an abortion) to deliver nice white pink babies if they become pregnant so that people who don't have a nice white baby can have one! He however doesn't think that the thousands of "special needs" babies in desperate need of parents should require the same attention of that nice white fetus!! I'll link to the Topic where Finn gives us how things should work ... according to Finn. It's very interesting stuff!!

Anon

Anon
0 Replies
 
John Creasy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:11 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

To her it is not life.

I respect your belief, I just don't share it!


It's not a belief, it's a fact. It IS life whether she believes it or not. Let's be honest here, if you believe it's ok terminate a pregnancy, I can respect that. Just don't play games and try to tell me that someone doesn't "believe" it is a life.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
Re: Abortion
CalamityJane wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
I recently read that something like 48% of the women who have had abortions, have had more than one.


It would be nice to have a legitimate source to support your opinion.


Well, I wasn't stating an opinion, only recounting something I read, but here's a link that indicates the number is 47% (Pretty close to what I recall reading, don't you think?)

Link

From what I can tell, the The Alan Guttmacher Institute is not a Pro-Life organization, but perhaps you know otherwise.

Whether or not you consider it a legitimate source is up to you, but based on what seems (through this thread) to be your position on the issue, does it make any difference what the percentage might be? If it were 100% would it make a difference? If "every woman has the right over her own body - period!" then she that right each and every time she has an abortion. She has a right to use abortion as birth control.
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Considering that the rate for first births is 26.4 per 1,000 women aged 15-44 (data from 2000), there seems to be something wrong with the sexual education.


That's a fact! It's easier to bury one's head in the sand and preach abstinence rather than deal with that which is happening!!

Anon
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
Anon,

Would you please read what I actually do post. I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN, I HAVE FELT ABORTION WAS WRONG WAY BEFORE I BECAME A CHRISTIAN! I have always felt that abortion is killing a child. If I were not Christian and still had this belief what then?
0 Replies
 
Walter Hinteler
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:14 pm
I'm glad, Momma Angel, that you joined the anti-death-penalty-campaign.

You asked "who saves the children?". Well, I'm certain that Anon, CL, I and many others do a lot and try to save children, everyone, how he/she is able to do such.

But that wasn't a topic here, it's abortion.
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:16 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Calamity Jane,

I wonder why Louisiana is not on the Number of previous induced legal abortions statistics? If Louisiana is there, I didn't see it.

Even if the statistics showed that only 1% of all abortions were in the multiple-abortion category, I still think something needs to be done about this.

I do understand that many do not feel that a fetus is a child or it's not a child until it's born, etc. But, please try to understand that to those that believe it is a child (from conception or whenafter) it is a human being whose life is being taken away from them.

Anon and others may believe that this is none of my business or anyone else's but, if we do not make it our business then who saves the children? I see abortion as the killing of a child. I make it my business to make sure there are laws in this country against killing others. To me, there is no difference.


And how many special needs children have you adopted?? What are you doing about the problem of the children that are here that need you. I think they should have a higher priority than the unborn. Let's take care of the problem at hand before we create more problems.

Anon
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:17 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

Would you please read what I actually do post. I HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER AGAIN, I HAVE FELT ABORTION WAS WRONG WAY BEFORE I BECAME A CHRISTIAN! I have always felt that abortion is killing a child. If I were not Christian and still had this belief what then?


And it is STILL NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!

Anon
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:22 pm
Anon,

I am perfectly within my legal right to whatever opinion I have. So are you. This is just a discussion. There is no vote on the ballot for the public to vote for or against abortion. It is merely how I feel about it, just as I assume it is merely your opinion how you feel about it.

In all actuality Anon, what I believe, think, feel, etc. is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS just as much as what you think, feel, etc. is NONE OF MY BUSINESS. It's just a discussion. :wink:
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:30 pm
Leave it to you to miss the point. It's none of your business what another woman does with her body. You can whine about it all you want, but you have no say what she does, no matter how much you would like to make it so! You whining about how "something should be done" makes it clear you would do so if you could! We're back to legislating faith and religion as law ... "something should be done". It's none of your business that "something should be done", and you should quit trying to MAKE it your business!!

I love you people who whine and cry about the unborn, yet do nothing to help the born!!

Anon
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 01:46 pm
[quote="Anon-Voter"]Leave it to you to miss the point. It's none of your business what another woman does with her body. You can whine about it all you want, but you have no say what she does, no matter how much you would like to make it so! You whining about how "something should be done" makes it clear you would do so if you could! We're back to legislating faith and religion as law ... "something should be done". It's none of your business that "something should be done", and you should quit trying to MAKE it your business!!

I love you people who whine and cry about the unborn, yet do nothing to help the born!!

Anon[/quote]
Anon,

A few things here:

1) I have not missed the point. I am expanding on the point.
2) I am not whining. I am having a discussion.
3) You have no clue as to what I do for the born, unborn, or anything else for that matter.
4) We have the exact same rights under the Constitition of the United States. I can recognize this and accept it. It seems you can't?

Just as (I assume) if you could actually vote on the abortion issue, you would vote pro-choice. Fine. That's you voting your conscience and what you think the right thing to do is. If I could vote on this issue, I would vote no. Fine. That's me voting my conscience and what I think is the right thing to do.

The only problem I really see is that you seem to be stating rather harshaly that I am just flat out wrong. Well, that's your opinion. That's fine. It doesn't change the way I view any of it.

You stand up for the right of the woman for choice and I applaud your conviction. So, what makes your right to vote the way you want superior to my right to vote the way I want? :wink:
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:24 pm
Quote:
3) You have no clue as to what I do for the born, unborn, or anything else for that matter.


You have a short memory, we have been through this before, and you have told exactly what you have done ... nothing!! (but whine)

I want you to go back and show me anywhere that I have said your vote is any more or less than mine. I, in no form have said you shouldn't be able to vote, or what you want to vote for, at any time the vote comes up.

My problem with you is that your being is guided by a Christian religion which you say you believe in but don't follow. You let yourself be manipulated by so-called "Christians" that Christ himself would have absolutely nothing to do with! You don't pay attention to what is happening around you and you let yourself be carried away with spin that is designed for people just like you. I've been holding off on this for a while, but you keep giving me this ignorance about how I think you shouldn't be allowed to vote the way you want. Wake up, get a clue!!

Anon
0 Replies
 
John Creasy
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:27 pm
Quote:
We're back to legislating faith and religion as law


A big misconception right there. Being pro-life does not require religious faith.
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:40 pm
Anon-Voter Wrote:

Quote:
You have a short memory, we have been through this before, and you have told exactly what you have done ... nothing!! (but whine)


Not one person can cover every type of thing that needs to be taken care of on this earth. There are people that support all different kinds of things. I have things that I support. Just because adopting a child is not one of those things does not mean I, or anyone else for that matter does nothing.

Quote:
I want you to go back and show me anywhere that I have said your vote is any more or less than mine. I, in no form have said you shouldn't be able to vote, or what you want to vote for, at any time the vote comes up.


Every time you tell me that I should not be voting on my religious beliefs, you are telling me your vote is more important than mine because you don't vote that way. I am telling you we have the same rights. PERIOD.

Quote:
My problem with you is that your being is guided by a Christian religion which you say you believe in but don't follow. You let yourself be manipulated by so-called "Christians" that Christ himself would have absolutely nothing to do with! You don't pay attention to what is happening around you and you let yourself be carried away with spin that is designed for people just like you. I've been holding off on this for a while, but you keep giving me this ignorance about how I think you shouldn't be allowed to vote the way you want. Wake up, get a clue!!

Anon


My problem with you Anon is that you keep telling me what and who I am. You tell me I say I'm a Christian but I don't follow those beliefs? In whose eyes? Yours? Fine. I follow my beliefs the way I believe God wants me to. And Anon, no one manipulates me into doing anything or not doing anything. I would have at least thought you'd see that about me by now. And thank you for thinking I am ignorant. But, I am afraid we have the same right and unless you can prove it otherwise, I'm not changing the way I think about this.
0 Replies
 
Anon-Voter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:49 pm
I said your statement about my saying you shouldn't have a vote was ignorant.

You do however, argue well for the point that you are ignorant, but that is only for you to determine, not me!! Perhaps if you prayed about it??

Anon
0 Replies
 
Arella Mae
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 02:52 pm
Anon,

I will take that as a no, you can't prove otherwise. :wink:
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Abortion
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2021 at 01:47:11