Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
And you can call the baby growing in the womb any manner of names to avoid recongizing it as human, but it won't change the fact that it is.
Would you be kind enough to provide your definition of "human" and how you justify this definition of "human"?

Human is what we call the only members of the homo sapiens species. A new human being is started when a human sperm enters a human egg which subsequently attaches itself to the wall of a human uterus and begins to grow. Following me so far?

Now there are those who say a very young human, that is one that has been growing for only a few weeks, is not human. Some say this is true because the law says it is true, but these same people would probably disagree that the law was correct when it assigned subhuman status to black people or denied women the right to own property or vote or made abortion illegal period. So we can safely say that depending on the law for our ethics and moral values is an inexact science.

The whole issue of pro-abortion people--that is those who push for, defend, advocate, or make apologies for liberal abortion rights--is that they usually choose to believe that the very young human being is not a human being at all. The prolifers' issue is no matter how young or how old a human being is, it is still a human being. If you start from the moment of birth and count forward, it doesn't matter how old s/he gets, s/he's still a person. And prolifers have no problem of believing s/he was a person in the hours before birth either, or the week before, or the month before, etc. Continuing to count back between the moment of birth and the moment of the egg attaching to the uterine wall, it is problematic for the prolifer to decide the precise moment the being stops being human and becomes something else. Most have a problem thinking that it ever does.

Hope that clears it up for you, and thank you for asking. Smile

You anti-choice people are a joke. You talk about ethics and morals without any real notion of what they are.

A WOMAN HAS A RIGHT TO CONTROL HER OWN BODY...and the fact that she is pregnant does not change that.

NO MATTER WHEN YOU SUPPOSE LIFE BEGINS...a woman has a right to control her own body. Pregnancy is a unique situation...but it is clear cut. A woman can decide to terminate a pregnancy for any reason...because it is her body...and she has a right to control it.

Too bad the planet is stunk up by people like you who want to give government the right stick its nose into what is already a most difficult decision to have to make.

But people like you have to allay the fears your silly superstitions engender...and you have to suck up to your gods...

...so you pretend this crap you are doing has some higher, more noble purpose.

The hypocrisy of your position stinks to high heaven.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 01:40 pm
It's good to see that vacation has nothing to temper Frank's noble indignation.

Welcome Back Frank.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:04 pm
Chumly wrote:
Foxfyre wrote:
Hope that clears it up for you, and thank you for asking. Smile

So let's be 100% clear:

Are you saying that a fertilized egg meets your full definition of "human"?

Did I say that? I don't recall saying that. I am ignoring Frank who can't seem to make an argument without bringing in a lot of stuff that none of us have said plus adding an insult to two. I do try to be precise and complete in my statements but admittedly sometimes fall short.

Are you saying your definition of "human" is and only is "members of the homo sapiens species"?

Are you aware of any human beings who are not members of the homo sapiens species? I don't recall that anything else qualified from biology class, but admittedly that was a long time ago.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:06 pm
Hi Foxfyre,

Maybe Chumly knows something that the rest of us have only read in science fiction books.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:09 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Hi Foxfyre,

Maybe Chumly knows something that the rest of us have only read in science fiction books.

Well I'm reserving any analysis of Chumly's position until he/she establishes one. Mine is quite clear I think to all but a few literacy-impaired individuals who compensate by making stuff up.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 02:15 pm
yes, even "imparied" individuals are considered human beings and are usually considered the majority in the Red States. The primary designation being that they are "born" and of legal voting age. The "unborn" are not so designated being neither "human beings" nor meeting voting criteria.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 03:30 pm
Fyrefox wrote:

Did I say that? I don't recall saying that. I am ignoring Frank who can't seem to make an argument without bringing in a lot of stuff that none of us have said plus adding an insult to two. I do try to be precise and complete in my statements but admittedly sometimes fall short.

Doesn't look like you are doing a very good job of ignoring me...which makes two things you are not doing very well.

And from someone who has as much insulting to say about other people as you do...your indigation over my remarks is hilarious.

I do love ya, Fox. Can't help but love someone who provides so much humor. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 03:38 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Human is what we call the only members of the homo sapiens species.

That's a bit old school, not so much the word if you're keeping up with more recent thinking in the scientific community

Quote:
Humans are defined as hominids of the species Homo sapiens, of which the only extant subspecies is Homo sapiens sapiens (Latin for "very wise man"); Homo sapiens idaltu (roughly translated as "elderly wise man") is the extinct subspecies. Modern humans are usually considered the only surviving species in the genus Homo, although some argue that the two species of chimpanzees should be reclassified from Pan troglodytes (Common Chimpanzee) and Pan paniscus (Bonobo/Pygmy Chimpanzee) to Homo troglodytes and Homo paniscus respectively, given that they share a recent ancestor with man. [2]

Full genome sequencing resulted in these conclusions: "After 6 [million] years of separate evolution, the differences between chimpanzee and human are just 10 times greater than those between two unrelated people and 10 times less than those between rats and mice." In fact, chimpanzee and human DNA is 96% identical [3].
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
Quote:
Are you aware of any human beings who are not members of the homo sapiens species? I don't recall that anything else qualified from biology class, but admittedly that was a long time ago.

This explains a lot. Fox's eduation stopped when she left school. Jeez, one would think she would have googled this before revealing her ignorance.

That there have been many species of humans besides homo sapiens is common knowledge or should be.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 04:46 pm
Okay, I have an idea! Anyone want to go in with me to buy a gasmask for Frank? I think we need to get him a really expensive good one. If his sense of smell is in any way relative to his sense of perception of people, he will need it. Rolling Eyes

So, anyone with me?

This one is $169.00:

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/9351/mask17hw.jpg
And this one is $159.00:

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/8533/mask28zx.jpg

Get used to it Frank, there will always be people in this world that do not think the way you do and there will always be people in this world that do not think the way I do. Doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. It just makes us different.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:11 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:

This explains a lot. Fox's eduation stopped when she left school. Jeez, one would think she would have googled this before revealing her ignorance.

That there have been many species of humans besides homo sapiens is common knowledge or should be.

Maybe you want to go back to Australopithecus. I think that any intelligent person would recognize that homo sapien is the term used for modern man. Do you know of another?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:13 pm
Momma Angel,

Let us not spare any expense.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:14 pm
Intrepid,

Cool. :wink: Frank, we're working on the problem.......... Laughing
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:33 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Quote:

Maybe you want to go back to Australopithecus. I think that any intelligent person would recognize that homo sapien is the term used for modern man. Do you know of another?

Well I'm still waiting for these apparently brilliant biologists--I say brilliant as they must be if I am so stupid--to show me another living species other than current human beings who qualify as homo sapiens. Now if they have a Bigfoot or a living Homo sapiens archaic or Homo sapiens neandertalensis or any evidence of homo sapiens more recent than the homo sapiens sapiens, swell. Otherwise anything more recent than say 200,000 years ago or so is safely considered a human being and I don't think any of them were concerned as a group much with abortion until the Twentieth Century. And the shortened 'homo sapeins' designation for these are pretty well accepted in all scientific circles I know of.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:36 pm
Ignorance is bliss ;-)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:36 pm
Foxfyre,

Well, I'm standing right there with you, honey. The only homo sapiens I know of are human beings.

So, guys? Where's the beef Question
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:39 pm
Then again maybe the neanderthals were smarter. I bet they considered their children, born and unborn, to be a blessing.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:40 pm
Frank,
Do you favor making prostitution legal,even if the prostitute is a 13 year old girl?
Do you favor making drugs legal?
Do you favor making public nudity legal?
Do you favor making public masturbation legal?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:46 pm
Huh?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2006 05:50 pm
nimh,
All of the things I listed involve a person controlling their own body.
So,lets see if Frank truly believes that the state cannot regulate what a person does with their own body.
0 Replies