Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:14 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
Your snivelings about child support is a pathetic non-issue.

When I decided that I didn't want to risk another pregnancy, I had myself sterilized. If you don't want to risk impregnating a woman when YOU KNOW the supreme law of the land doesn't give you veto power over her reproductive decisions, why don't you have yourself sterilized?

Debra! You Rock!! Isn't it great to be educated???

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:22 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

When I decided that I didn't want to risk another pregnancy, I had myself sterilized. If you don't want to risk impregnating a woman when YOU KNOW the supreme law of the land doesn't give you veto power over her reproductive decisions, why don't you have yourself sterilized?

Anon

How would you know?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:23 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:

Anon

How would you know?

Poor Baby!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
Anon and Mysterman,

Not nice. Let's play fair guys. :wink:
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
Debra_Law wrote:
When I decided that I didn't want to risk another pregnancy, I had myself sterilized.
I prefer pasteurized Shocked
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:27 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon and Mysterman,

Not nice. Let's play fair guys. :wink:

Who's not playing fair??

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:28 pm
Chumly wrote:
Debra_Law wrote:
When I decided that I didn't want to risk another pregnancy, I had myself sterilized.
I prefer pasteurized Shocked

I've got to agree with Debra, for some people, sterlization is the only answer!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:44 pm
Anon,

You know me, I don't like it getting down to poking barbs at each other. Just a thing I have.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 09:53 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

You know me, I don't like it getting down to poking barbs at each other. Just a thing I have.

I didn't poke a barb at anyone! I just was celebrating having a great education with Debra!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

I didn't poke a barb at anyone! I just was celebrating having a great education with Debra!

Anon

Ok, my mistake! Embarrassed :wink:
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:24 pm
And what makes you think nobody else has an education?

Just because we disagree with you does not mean that we arent educated.

Did you go to school with Debra?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:26 pm
mysteryman wrote:
And what makes you think nobody else has an education?

Just because we disagree with you does not mean that we arent educated.

Did you go to school with Debra?

Poor Baby!

Anon
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:35 pm
The inevitable devolution to the (real or imagined) personal attacks. Swwweeeeeeet......
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:36 pm
Chumly wrote:
The inevitable devolution to the (real or imagined) personal attacks. Swwweeeeeeet......

Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 10:37 pm
I'm still looking up devolution. :wink:
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:00 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
If the state has the power to trump a woman's procreative decisions in order to serve a state interest, then women as an entire class of people have lost the very essence of liberty.

OK,then also...

If the state has the power to trump a mans financial decisions regarding childbirth in order to serve a state interest, then men as an entire class of people have lost the very essence of liberty.

The state is not making your financial decisions for you. Your desire to avoid a financial obligation to support your own child does not trump the child's paramount right to be supported by both parents. But you haven't lost your procreative liberty because you're still free to risk impregnating all the women who consent to having sex with you. Lucky you.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:08 pm
I do have certain concerns about the woman who subversively gets preggers, so as to hold the man hostage.

I do have certain concerns about the woman who is casual on birth control, but assures her partner she is well protected.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:17 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Debra,
Let me get this straight...

When it comes to children,the man is nothing more then a sperm donor and cash cow.
Good for nothing more then donating half the DNA and paying the bills?

Not at all. A man simply can't force a woman to have an abortion any more than he can force her to bear a child. If you're the kind of man who would force his wishes upon a woman, then you're probably not the kind of man that she would want to consult when making a decision.

I'm curious though: I wonder where all those "cash cows who pay the bills" are when it comes to those millions of children in this country who are struggling to survive on meager welfare payments funded by taxpayer dollars?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:28 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Let me put it as simple as I can.

If you dont want to get pregnant,keep your legs closed!!!

And if you don't want to pay child support, keep your zipper closed.

So there.

But that type of simple-minded glibness doesn't resolve the dilemma of unwanted pregnancies or unwanted child support obligations, does it?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:29 pm
The more I read of Mysterman and Debra_Law the more conflicted I am getting. I can see points on both sides here. I am completely in favor of everyone taking responsibility for their actions.

So, if a woman gets pregnant and wants the baby and the man doesn't, he can be forced to pay child support, but if a woman gets pregnant and she doesn't want the baby and he does, she can have an abortion. Yes, it's her body. I get that. But we are talking about a man being forced to face his responsibility and yet a woman gets the choice of either facing her responsibility or aborting it?

That's how I am seeing it right now. Something is not adding up for me here. Why can a man be forced to pay (not saying he shouldn't be) but a woman can't be forced to have the baby because the man wants it?

Debra, help me out here. I get the part about the rights but it just doesn't seem well, fair is the only word I can think of.
0 Replies