My girlfriend believes in God

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 10:54 am
Bella Dea wrote:
stuh505 wrote:
IF a person puts themself into a situation which they know will increase their risks of something unfortunate happening, THEN they are partially responsible for those actions happening...you deny this?

I deny this.

It doesn't matter one tiny iota what you are doing. Rape survivors and victims have NO responsibility in their rape. You are an idiot for saying so and obviously have not had the misfortune of dealing with rape. And I truly hope you never have to. It would be a sorry situation for the woman in your life to come home to you telling her she was partially responsible for having a part of her ripped out forever.

Bella Dea,

Thank you!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 12:20 pm
Quote:
It doesn't matter one tiny iota what you are doing. Rape survivors and victims have NO responsibility in their rape. You are an idiot for saying so and obviously have not had the misfortune of dealing with rape.

Whoa there...first of all, my statement was not even about rape specifically. It was a general opinion that could be related to anything in life.

Second of all, I have had the misfortune of dealing with rape on several occassions throughout my life, and my opinions do not give me any less sympathy for those who are raped.

Cool down your sensors and think carefully about my statement. I still feel that it is a valid one.

Imagine a woman who is unexpectedly kidnapped and raped by a man. In this particular situation the woman never considered the possibility of being raped when she woke up and got dressed that morning. Therefore my statement does not, in any way, apply to this rape.

Now consider a situation where a woman hears about a man who is a rapist who has been living out in a shack in a woods. Her parents tell her not to go there because it's dangerous. She takes off all her clothes, runs to the cabin and falls asleep in the grass nearby. The man rapes her. She is partially responsible because she KNEW that her actions might lead to her becoming raped.

Third and finally, even if a woman is partially responsible, this does not mean that she deserved it, or that she does not deserve just as much sympathy, or that it is any less traumatic.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 03:58 pm
No. She is not responsible AT ALL for the rape.

She may be responsible for a poor choice of clothing. She may be responsible for a poor choice in sleeping. She may be responsible for even flirting with a man she does not have any intentions towards and be an utter tease.

The rapist is the one who rapes. He is the one responsible for the crime. He forced his will on another.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 04:09 pm
stuh505,

I think you should give up on the idea of the woman holding any responsibility whatsoever in being raped.

flushd,

You go girl! Very Happy
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:50 pm
Is there something fundamentally different about rape from any other event, or is it simply impossible for a woman to be responsible for anything at all?

I think that your view is completely ridiculous. Any person can be responsible for any concievable event.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Is there something fundamentally different about rape from any other event, or is it simply impossible for a woman to be responsible for anything at all?

stuh505,

The point is, when a man rapes a woman, he is in control of HIS actions. Like I said, it doesn't matter if a woman is dancing naked on your chest. If she says no, then it's no! If you don't take that no at it's word, then it's rape and not the woman's fault.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:54 pm
Huh? If the man is raped then he would be equally not responsible. It always makes me mad when the media announces a rapist has been in a certain area and that women should use extra caution by not being alone there.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:55 pm
stuh505 wrote:

I agree with flushd. It is quite possible that a girl or woman could be guilty of very poor judgment. The fact remains though, that no matter what men think amongst themselves, no woman wants to be raped. No woman "asks" to be raped. The act is perpetrated by the man, who is ultimately responsible.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:57 pm
Momma Angel,

I never ever said that all women are responsible for their rape. All I ever said was that it is possible to conceive of a rape situation in which the woman shares responsibility.

Therefore, you can come up with specific rape examples where you feel the woman has no responsibility to your heart's content, but that will never be a counterexample to my statement...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:58 pm
Phoenix,

A woman CAN ask to be raped.

A woman can also change her mind.

Or she might never give any perceivable indication that she did not like what was happening.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 05:59 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:01 pm
The man is not ultimately responsible. It's not like the man suddenly appeared out of thin air to rape a girl. He did what he did for reasons which can be traced back all the way to the "big bang" or creation of the universe by God or whatever you believe. Thus there are infinite things which are responsible for the rape...we just ignore most of them.

You never answered my question which you replied to either
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:07 pm
If a person jumps into the path of a speeding bullet, knnowing that the bullet is there and knowing what will happen if they jump out, who is responsible the person or the bullet? Of course, the person. Likewise, a woman who jumps into the path of a rapist knowing that she will be raped, is partly responsible with the rapist.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 06:41 pm
stuh505 wrote:
If a person jumps into the path of a speeding bullet, knnowing that the bullet is there and knowing what will happen if they jump out, who is responsible the person or the bullet? Of course, the person. Likewise, a woman who jumps into the path of a rapist knowing that she will be raped, is partly responsible with the rapist.

Surely you are kidding, right? Shocked A woman IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A MAN RAPING HER! It is the man that did it! I'd like to see you try this argument in court. A woman's past sexual history inadmissible in court. Why? Because it has nothing to do with her being raped. A woman who jumps into the path of a rapist knowing she will be raped? Could you explain that a bit further, please?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 10:31 pm
Well I don't know what your definition of responsibility is but mine goes something like this.

Causes -> Reactions

If something that a person did is part of the causes, or something they could have done is part of the causes, then they have some responsibility greater than 0 for all reactions.

Since we all agree that it is possible for a woman to influence the causes of being raped, that fits my definition.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 10:33 pm
God forbid if a loved one of yours is ever raped, stuh505. Please have enough compassion for that person to not ask them what they did because getting raped was partially their fault. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:16 pm
stuh505 wrote:
Well I don't know what your definition of responsibility is but mine goes something like this.

Causes -> Reactions

If something that a person did is part of the causes, or something they could have done is part of the causes, then they have some responsibility greater than 0 for all reactions.

Since we all agree that it is possible for a woman to influence the causes of being raped, that fits my definition.

That's a load of crap and you know it!
How would you explain an attack and rape of a woman who walks out
of a store to her car? She asked for it? She has part responsibility?

No women ever can influence the causes of being raped. Anyone
who truly believes such nonsense, should re-examine his view of
women in general. I can't believe you would say something like that
stuh.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
You go girl! Tell him Calamity Jane!
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:48 am
Gosh, it's as if you people don't even read what I say. At least have the decency to read back 2-3 pages! I can tell from your responses that you have not because you would know that was not my belief if you had
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 12:58 am
stuh505 wrote:
Gosh, it's as if you people don't even read what I say. At least have the decency to read back 2-3 pages! I can tell from your responses that you have not because you would know that was not my belief if you had

stuh505,

Unless you say a woman has no responsibility whatsoever in being raped, I highly doubt you are going to get anywhere on this issue.

Facts are facts.
0 Replies