When did you first find out you had a vagina????

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:39 pm
Well, I've definitely had my mouse-hand close to greatness often enough ... especially when I was with someone else
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:40 pm
Rat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:40 pm
I saved the Budapest vagina

photo.

Terrific! Enchanting. Urban art extraordinaire.

Are there twinkle lights in the passageway?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:27 pm
Landing lights?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
I admit twinkle lights would be tacky.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 07:49 pm
Oh, I thought it was kind of against the wall of an underpass. That IS the underpass. Cool!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 08:00 pm
Deb wrote:

Heehee....me and my partner at the time I found it used to leave it lying open at particular pages as an easy communication method....

Ummm, did you mean leaving your vagina open or was it the book? I'm getting quite a mental image...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 10:41 pm
THE BOOK!!!!

Good lord....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:37 pm
dlowan wrote:
Rat.

WHAAAT?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:51 am
I was talking to NIMH....he's a rat, too.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:42 am
Dunno when I figured it out ... sorta gradually, as I recall. Sometime in gradeschool I'd pretty well grasped the whole thing as an abstract (yeah ... read that however you're inclined), but it was late in the summer between 8th grade and my freshman highscool year before I was finally able to manage to actually get myself taken advantage of - not for lack of trying, mind you.

Anyhow, little Bobby a few days before his 9th birthday, asks mommy; "Mommy, where did I come from?"

Knowing the moment had to come some time, Mommy was prepared - well, as prepared as mommies get when it comes to that sort of thing.

Steeling herself, wondering how the baby years could have fled so quickly, she sits down with Bobby and explains, in tasteful, reverent, wonderous detail the miracle of life and the special roles of boys and girls in the splendid process. Around a half hour from launch, she wraps it up, and winds to a close, proud of herself for the job she's done. "Isn't that wonderful?", she asks.

"Well, sure", Bobby responds, looking a bit uncertain, "We all know that ... but what I wanna know is where I came from. Jimmy is from Philadelphia, Sally is from Detroit, Eddy is from Kansas City, Tommy is from Los Angeles ... where did I come from?"
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 04:17 am
Oh dear.......
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
It was pretty early on, I think, that I realized girls had a vagina and that boys had a penis. Early, as in baby/toddler. I have a twin brother.

Sharing bath time and a bedroom meant it was really just a given…part of my consciousness…or maybe it just registered in the unconscious… "Vagina" and/or "penis" were the only approved terms around my house, though I heard "Virginia" and "Ginny," from other little girls often enough…and later… from some rather big boys.

As for reproductive function, I think I was about eight when my mother came home with a book that she insisted I read. She loosely quizzed me on it afterward (really) and then opened up to questions, of which I had few. Although it addressed biology (I knew what was happening and what it meant when I got my first period), it failed to inform on intimacy…or pleasure (pleasure I found on my own a year or two later and intimacy, long after). I don't believe I have ever heard my mother say the word clitoris and come to think of it, I don't believe I have ever used the word to my nearly twenty year old son, except to name it, back in the day. Hmmm.

We discussed anatomy, sex, intimacy, and what to do if you get a spontaneous erection walking down the school hallway (lol, that's what binders are for, son), among other things, but never a woman's pleasure, except in the most incidental way. Perhaps I'll be alert to a good opportunity to rectify that. I need to think on this some more.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:20 pm
a. Joeblow is FEMALE???

b. What do you think is the problem, public relations wise, for the clitoris?

c. TELL HIM!!! MAKE SURE HE KNOWS!!!

I mean, he prolly does, but....well, you know....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:25 pm
dlowan wrote:

It doesn't stick up for itself enough.

dlowan wrote:

Are you dating Joeblow's son, or are you trying to make sure she gets a daughter-in-law who likes her?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:27 pm
JoeBlow--

Just be sure he understands the difference between a clitoris and an eraser. Different words, different strokes.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:52 pm
Haha! Yes, one thing is to find out, another to not be too overzealous ... ea-sy, ea-sy...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:54 pm
I'll second that...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:

It doesn't stick up for itself enough.

dlowan wrote:

Are you dating Joeblow's son, or are you trying to make sure she gets a daughter-in-law who likes her?

a. If it doesn't stick up, DD, you just aren't doing it right.

I am sorry to be the one, but someone had to tell you.

b. No. But a DIL who likes her sounds a dandy idea to me.

I think part of the whole sex problem (apart from the Judaeo/Christian/Islamic buggered up tradition re sex) is the design....it's flawed.

You are building a house, right?

Do YOU put the playroom and the toilet in the SAME ROOM?????

Also, PR wise, genitalia just aren't pretty. I had a friend who sometimes called sex "bumping uglies".

Mebbe they'd do better if they had a furry tail, and big, liquid eyes?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Re: When did you first find out you had a vagina????
dlowan wrote:
Now as for me, I knew nothing about my fixings down there ... until my mother sat me down ...I have a VAGINA? Down THERE???!!!!

I too am shocked, always thought you were a buck, smokin like that an all. Smile good thread, one day I intended reading up.
0 Replies