When did you first find out you had a vagina????

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
I know this sounds like another "blue" thread, but I am actually pretty much serious (though light heartedness is welcome.)

My new job means I talk to kids under twelve about sex a lot, and I am amazed at the different levels of knowledge kids have/don't have.

Now as for me, I knew nothing about my fixings down there (other than them what is to do with waste removal) until my mother sat me down for The Talk when she thought I might be thinking of hitting puberty.....and she sure as hell didn't mention no clitoris, neither!

I have a VAGINA? Down THERE???!!!!

Embarrassed Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now, willies I knew about (as one does) cos there they were, on all my male friends...(for a household which didn't DO sex....believe me....my mum was very relaxed about nudity, so me and the neighbourhood kidlets spent a good part of summer in the nude playing in the sprinklers) but my own bits and bobs were a mystery.

I only found out about the clitoris from a friend in the kitchen of a place we were working at.........just in time, may I say, for I Lost It (read threw it away) a few days later.

And the names kids use!!!

My UNfavourite is "rudey bits".......honestly, parents, you can do better than this!

Minnie always raises in me an unholy desire to say "Ha ha"?

I restrain myself, you will be happy to know.

And kids who think sex is a swear word....while other tots (sadly) happily ask people to perform advanced sexual techniques upon them, or offer the same.

It's a wild world out there........

Soon I will tell you how my mother and I managed to have a seemingly perfectly sensible argument about unwed pregnancies (with both of us on the appropriate sides) when I was utterly, utterly ignorant of how they occurred......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,483 • Replies: 178
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 07:44 pm
I heard about it with the rest of the girls in my class in either spring of 6th grade or fall of 7th, via a movie. And only the movie. Period.

My mother never did tell me.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:00 pm
I've told this story before but since it's applicable to this thread, I will tell it again.

There were seven girls in this family I know. No boys. The only male in the family was the father and he was always working. The oldest sister had a baby boy when the youngest sister was only three years old.

One day the older sister took the baby into the bedroom to change his diaper. As she was removing the diaper the youngest sister walked in the bedroom, sucking her thumb.

She glanced up at the baby, her eyes widened, and she pulled her thumb out of her mouth and started screaming, "A TAIL!! THIS ONE HAS A TAIL!!!"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:18 pm
Re: When did you first find out you had a vagina????
dlowan wrote:
I only found out about the clitoris from a friend in the kitchen of a place we were working at.........just in time, may I say, for I Lost It (read threw it away) a few days later.

Oh, no, dlowan. never throw something away till you know what it's good for.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I've told this story before but since it's applicable to this thread, I will tell it again.

There were seven girls in this family I know. No boys. The only male in the family was the father and he was always working. The oldest sister had a baby boy when the youngest sister was only three years old.

One day the older sister took the baby into the bedroom to change his diaper. As she was removing the diaper the youngest sister walked in the bedroom, sucking her thumb.

She glanced up at the baby, her eyes widened, and she pulled her thumb out of her mouth and started screaming, "A TAIL!! THIS ONE HAS A TAIL!!!"

I always suspected you were from southern ohio.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:27 pm
You suspicions have been confirmed.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:48 pm
My neice, circa age 4, 5, 6, named hers Lucy, which we all thought so cute, until a dowager church lady began talking about her big, fluffy Lucy (a chow chow). Tales of Lucy the Chow's exploits brought the most priceless expressions, and unfortunate, anatomically scandalous remarks from Neice.

I'm not making this up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:52 pm
I found mine at age six, when the water from the tub faucet drizzled providentially.

It was love.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:54 pm
Lash, your tub faucet drizzling and my industrial shop vac seemed to have served similar purposes.

Ahhhhhh.... childhood.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:55 pm
And what positio. . . Oh, nevermind.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:57 pm
LOL!!! industrial shop vac...
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 08:59 pm
Re: When did you first find out you had a vagina????
dlowan wrote:
I only found out about the clitoris from a friend in the kitchen of a place we were working at.........just in time, may I say, for I Lost It a few days later.

Damn that's young...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:09 pm
I figure I was easily the slowest to learn stuff at a2k, there was almost no end to my noncomprehension. I was lucky to have a fine later education.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:10 pm
When our mothers were playing bridge, several of us kids walked out into the desert and started playing doctor. That's when I found out but I thought at the time, that it was for peeing. Took many years to learn that there were two outlets for two different purposes. It wasn't until I was pubescent and horny that I learned it was something delightfully different.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:25 pm
One of my friends' mums only found out the day she gave birth.

She had no idea where in hell that thing was going when her boyfriend got on top of her....but she thought the baby was coming out her belly button.....

Lucy, oh my!!!

I only got periods from my mum.

I DEMANDED to be told about sex, eventually, (age 12...after I worried I might be pregnant to a labrador which humped my leg) but she said she couldn't do it, and told me to get a book, and ask questions.

I marched off to the library with some friends....and they ably assisted me with details. (THEIR parents had told them, but recall was a bit chancy)..

My resulting questions floored my poor mum.

"Is it really nice?'

"Can you get pregnant through knickers?"

Probably what killed her.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:26 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Ha! Freud and his dumb penis envy....

Damn thing doesn't even wag properly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:27 pm
Snicker... (with commiseration to both)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:27 pm
Diane wrote:
When our mothers were playing bridge, several of us kids walked out into the desert and started playing doctor. That's when I found out but I thought at the time, that it was for peeing. Took many years to learn that there were two outlets for two different purposes. It wasn't until I was pubescent and horny that I learned it was something delightfully different.

Yeah....damn pee hole doesn't look like it does anything worth a damn.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 09:48 pm
I was fairly young, perhaps 5 when I first heard the word. I was at the Museum of Modern Art with my mother and her friend, we were looking at an abstract sculpture. My mother's friend said "looks like a vagina." "What's a vagina" I asked. "The place babies come out of" said my mother. .I got up real close to the sculpture and looked in the slit - "No babies in there" I said. They just laughed.

It was a few years later that I found a copy of "Our Bodies, OurSelves" while pet sitting for our neighbor and got the whole story with the visuals.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:01 pm
Ah! That book!
0 Replies