When did you first find out you had a vagina????

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 02:30 pm
Heehee....me and my partner at the time I found it used to leave it lying open at particular pages as an easy communication method....

It worked.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:48 pm
One of the co-authors of Our Bodies, Ourselves had been a student of mine. She would have been in her late 20's when the book was published and her parents alternated between horror and pride.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 03:51 pm
Wow!

Another reason to be grateful to Noddy, I guess. Well-taught! (That said, I had the re-issue; "The NEW Our Bodies, Our Selves," which I understand has a lot of differences.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:02 pm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:20 pm
Wow. One of my classmates' father was a pioneering researcher, started when it was extremely obscure, and that's mostly how I remember the early days, the fact that her dad was being quoted everywhere.

As for the book, yeah, I think it's one of those pendulum things. A reaction against the puritan, "you'll go blind", sex-is-only-for-procreation atmosphere of the 50's, but going a bit too far the other direction. Not quite enough room for boundaries, or the healthy parts of saying "no, I WON'T show you."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:44 pm
Dialectics...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:52 pm
dilated to meet you.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 05:17 pm
When I knew Ms. W., in high school, she was a person of great enthusiasms--my influence was limited to occasional suggestions about logic and the use of commas.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:00 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dilated to meet you.

I've always thought of you as a man with an inner cervix.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:01 pm
hello, he said, stop slapping me.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:11 pm
I have what????? :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:17 pm
Green Witch wrote:
I was fairly young, perhaps 5 when I first heard the word. I was at the Museum of Modern Art with my mother and her friend, we were looking at an abstract sculpture. My mother's friend said "looks like a vagina."

There is a time in each Budapester's life when you learn about the city's vagina ...

this sculpture is in the Kalvin Ter underpass, by the entrance of the underground station, one of the busiest traffic points under ground.

And yes, that's a pussy you see there (on the right).

http://static.flickr.com/23/36936889_256788e82a.jpg

(If it doesn't show you can find it here)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:24 pm
My oh-so-progressive leftie parents didn't tell me about anything. Divorced parents: probably both thought it was the other's job (my mom being the main carer, but probly thinking this was the man's job, and my dad probly thinking my mom'd go through the routine). Unlike my best friend, whose mother gave him a stack of books to look through. He didnt share tho.

My "sex ed" was limited to my mum shily inquiring whether I was "being safe" the first time my girlfriend stayed over. I remember I was outraged: as if we were going to do that yet!

I was 16 ... (yes, 16, stop snickering in the back). I still feel guilty. I knew nothing. Had never heard of a clitoris, apparently, or at least didn't go looking for one. She didnt tell me about it either. Do remember just once touching her vagina, inside, and being surprised it was wet.

Ten months on, she was with some big punker dude with whom she was very, very happy, and very demonstratively so (they acquired a name to keep up. Gave good parties tho).

I'd like to think I compare slightly more positively nowadays...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:24 pm
That one's a bit dentata-ish.

Scary!

What's the scale? Like, can someone walk in?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:26 pm
nimh wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
I was fairly young, perhaps 5 when I first heard the word. I was at the Museum of Modern Art with my mother and her friend, we were looking at an abstract sculpture. My mother's friend said "looks like a vagina."

There is a time in each Budapester's life when you learn about the city's vagina ...

this sculpture is in the Kalvin Ter underpass, by the entrance of the underground station, one of the busiest traffic points under ground.

And yes, that's a pussy you see there (on the right).

http://static.flickr.com/23/36936889_256788e82a.jpg

(If it doesn't show you can find it here)

That is hilarious!!!!

Does it have a womb with a view?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:28 pm
nimh wrote:
My oh-so-progressive leftie parents didn't tell me about anything. Divorced parents: probably both thought it was the other's job (my mom being the main carer, but probly thinking this was the man's job, and my dad probly thinking my mom'd go through the routine). Unlike my best friend, whose mother gave him a stack of books to look through. He didnt share tho.

My "sex ed" was limited to my mum shily inquiring whether I was "being safe" the first time my girlfriend stayed over. I remember I was outraged: as if we were going to do that yet!

I was 16 ... (yes, 16, stop snickering in the back). I still feel guilty. I knew nothing. Had never heard of a clitoris, apparently, or at least didn't go looking for one. She didnt tell me about it either. Do remember just once touching her vagina, inside, and being surprised it was wet.

Ten months on, she was with some big punker dude with whom she was very, very happy, and very demonstratively so (they acquired a name to keep up. Gave good parties tho).

I'd like to think I compare slightly more positively nowadays...

Oh dear.

A MAP, a MAP, I tell you, needs to be given to each heterosexual or bi man, as part of his coming of age thingy. With detailed instructions.

And girl.

Did it feel nice wet, or kind of icky?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:31 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
When I knew Ms. W., in high school, she was a person of great enthusiasms--my influence was limited to occasional suggestions about logic and the use of commas.

I'm never washing my mouse hand again.

To be so close to greatness!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:32 pm
sozobe wrote:
Scary!

What's the scale? Like, can someone walk in?

Well, it's an underpass, and the top is the ceiling, the bottom the floor ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:33 pm
dlowan wrote:
I'm never washing my mouse hand again.

To be so close to greatness!

Ehmmm .... in the context of this thread ...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 06:37 pm
Yerrrssssss?
0 Replies