can't anyone be homosexual?

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:05 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, I can say that I WILL NEVER HAVE SEX WITH A WOMAN! (Caps definitely meant for emphasis here!)

There is no circumstance that would ever make me want to do this. So, no, it's not silly for me to say that. It's just downright the truth.

You obviously have a strong moral aversion to it. You also seem to me to be rather advanced in age. You will never know what you missed out on. Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
First of all, sturgis' point is irrelevant as my theory relates to women being with women.

why?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

Again, you expose your appalling ignorance. Gender has NOTHING to do with anatomy.

I never said it did.

twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

(Except that you are so lacking in your general knowledge of human sexuality.)

You are so self rightous. If you actually took the time to educate yourself on my beliefs, you'd see that I know quite a lot about human sexuality and am pretty open to most things. But of course, since you insist on maintaining the belief that you know everything, you won't understand or see that.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:09 am
nimh wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
First of all, sturgis' point is irrelevant as my theory relates to women being with women.

why?

Why what?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:11 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

BTW it is appalling that in this day and age that people think transsexuals are the way they are because they "feel" like their opposite anatomical gender. Do you think these people go through three, or four or five years(or in some cases) a lifetime of hell just because they "feel" like men or women?

What other word would you use? What other word could be used? I didn't say choice although you make it seem like I did. I fully supported your decision in another post by saying I am glad that you are the same on the outside that you are on the inside...but apparently I still "don't get it" so again I will ask you....enlighten us.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:14 am
twin_peaks_nikki Wrote:

Quote:
You obviously have a strong moral aversion to it. You also seem to me to be rather advanced in age. You will never know what you missed out on.

Yes, I do have a strong moral aversion to it. I believe it is a sin, just as the Bible states. I believe it is not natural. But, that's how I feel about it.

Don't know what I missed out on? Thank the Good Lord for that! I probably don't know what I missed out on by not committing murder or robbing a bank, but it's never been a concern to me either.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:18 am
Bella Dea wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

Again, you expose your appalling ignorance. Gender has NOTHING to do with anatomy.

I never said it did.

Bella Dea

Quote:

Please. Rolling Eyes You want to tell me that I lack awareness of what life is all about? Me, who's been a woman since birth [sic] being told how to be a woman by one who's only been a woman for....how long?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:21 am
Bella Dea wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

BTW it is appalling that in this day and age that people think transsexuals are the way they are because they "feel" like their opposite anatomical gender. Do you think these people go through three, or four or five years(or in some cases) a lifetime of hell just because they "feel" like men or women?

What other word would you use? What other word could be used? I didn't say choice although you make it seem like I did. I fully supported your decision in another post by saying I am glad that you are the same on the outside that you are on the inside...but apparently I still "don't get it" so again I will ask you....enlighten us.

Us again? Please do not think that you speak for anyone but yourself.

They don't feel like the other gender. They ARE the other gender. I thought you said you already KNEW this?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:22 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

I never said it did.

Bella Dea

Quote:

Please. Rolling Eyes You want to tell me that I lack awareness of what life is all about? Me, who's been a woman since birth [sic] being told how to be a woman by one who's only been a woman for....how long?

Well, you tell me what it's like to have a uterus. Oh wait, you don't have one.

Nor have you had a period.

Nor will you be pregnant.

I guess those things don't matter in being a woman, huh?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:24 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

Us again? Please do not think that you speak for anyone but yourself.

They don't feel like the other gender. They ARE the other gender. I thought you said you already KNEW this?

I would assume the others would be interested in hearing your answers and since you are insistant on educating the world, I figured you wouldn't mind.

You might be that gender but you are not that sex. So you'd say your gender is a woman but your sex is a man? Is that better terminology? (previous to your surgery of course)
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:31 am
Ok so you do understand.

Anyway, I gotta get going, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 11:32 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
nimh wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

why?

Why what?

Why does your theory only relate to women?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 12:30 pm
nimh wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
nimh wrote:
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

why?

Why what?

Why does your theory only relate to women?

Because it is based not on studies but on my life experiences, my observations, my relationships (several LTRs ands dozens of MTRs and dozens and dozens of STRs) with women, my hundreds of conversations dealing with sexual matters and feelings with women, etc.

I suspect that the same prediliction applies to men but with male homo/bi-sexuality, you have a compltetely different dynamic, taboos, etc...
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:11 pm
twin_peaks_nikki I would appreciate it if you could work on your respect or lack there of, primarily to the members of this forum which have earned that respect and perhaps beyond this forum to those in your life. You say that because of your life experiences your an expert and qualified beyond any other, qualified on what? On your life, so why would this say that any one of us is any less of an expert on their life and that you are qualified to tell them who they are. I think the points you make here are one aspect of it all but they are just that, only one aspect. Homosexuality isn't about gender sex male female or anything about that, it's about individuals and how individuals choose to be, with themselves and with one another and in turn with the rest of the world. The idea that any individual can be homosexual is one which i believe holds true for most as in this world just about anythings a possibility if even in the slightest, the thing you aren't seeing is that not all possibilities are the want of an individual, one may not want to eat broccoli because perhaps it reminds them of growing up through hard times and in this the very smell of broccoli repulses them therefore they have no want to eat broccoli, thats not to say that should enough change in that persons life that they may be able to forgive and forget their childhood enough to not have a problem with broccoli, did their taste change for broccoli? yes however the simple action of tasteing or smelling it isn't the only thing which had to change. There is so much more to homosexual or any relation for that matter then simply haveing sex. Your driveing point is that anyone who says never is someone who is affraid to succumb, to what you may ask, well without trying to impose my view of your thoughts here I may put forth that your saying everyone is affraid to succumb to the enjoyment of physical homosexual relations. Hey sex feels good, who would have figured. I'm certain theres a reason gay men have sex and it's not because it hurts.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
So if being gay isn't about sexual relations then what is it about? I may put forth that it's about what an individual wants out of a relationship, how one may want to interact with another person reguardless of their sex or gender. What one enjoys from another and what one desires from another is what defines any relationship on any level from your significant other to your grandparents. How did you get to be close with your best friend? By enjoying eachothers company and desireing more of ones time and through this mutual desire for friendship you became the best of friends. If mutual desire is what can build a relationship then what is it that can destroy a relationship? Unequal desire or wanting more then what should be. Or rather I should say a lack of respect as I've had several relationships that reached the point of unequal desire however observed respect returned that desire to one of mutuality. This is where the individual comes into play, how one reacts to anothers boundries and how one reguards another being for the person they are rather then the person they'd like them to be.
0 Replies

Deler

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 02:44 pm
This is where my personal experiences and own views come into play, even though i think this is a question which should go unanswered for the sake of this thread I must put my views forth to go any further. Why is it that I think an individual should avoid answering this question? Well I feel that a person is a person and their sexual orientation should have nothing to do with the way others view them and how they interact with those closest to them. Recent events in my life have shown this true above all else, that when sex comes into the mix everything changes. I've had friends who when they've made it apparent to me that they are interested in those of the same gender and that I have no problem with this, they in turn view this as my accepting of their attraction towards me and turn my respect into their disrespect. At the same time i've had those who have returned my respect and the friendship continued completely unchanged. This is where I say a person is a person reguardless of sex uality. I have found that haveing those of the same sex take interest in me to be a mind expanding process as I now know exactly what i've done wrong in the past towards those of the opposite sex. How I've let sex get in the way of perfectly good relationships and how i've let my inability to respect anothers person in pursuit of my own desires push away those which I truly enjoyed the company of. This realization is in turn why I say I will never be gay, not because I believe this is something I will never do but because even saying the word gay around a man is either taken as a negative label or presented as a chance and no matter how slim is viewed as a challenge rather then what it really is.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 12:29 pm
I think that your question could partly be answered by a term I just recently learned called "Queer Theory." Queer Theory

It basically states that there are no absolutes and nothing is really what it seems. In a little bit further detail it says that both men and women at a small percentage have attraction for the same sex. Though it is just a theory, it really studies human beings at a very early age up through adulthood. The term homosexual wasn't even invented until the late 1800's. Because woman share the same characteristics as other women, as do men, part of us feels a sense of attraction, wether it be concious or unconsious.
0 Replies