Worst Speech of Bush's Presidency

Mortkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 04:34 pm
However, I must re-iterate what has not, thus far, been rebutted, and what I believe is critical.

Bill Clinton( an articulate genius, they say) was not only emotionally challenged but did little in his eight years.

His accomplishments included NAFTA, Recognition of China as a favorite trading nation, and the welfare bill, all of which are more dear to the hearts of Republicans than Democrats.

The economic boom can be shown to be the creature of Alan Greenspan, the Maestro, rather than Bill Clinton.

And Clinton will forever be remembered for his horrible mistakes.

l. His impeachment for Obstruction of Justice by the House of Representatives

2. His ineptitude which caused the Democrats to lose the House and Senate for the first time in decades beginning in 1994. They have never regained either chamber.

3. President Bush, however, not only won two elections but also led his party in winning the 2002 off year election by ACTUALLY GAINING SEATS IN BOTH THE HOUSE AND THE SENATE. Anyone who studies politics knows that the party in power is supposed to lose seats in the off year.

Clinton- The articulate one?? So what?

Bush will have a much better legacy.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 04:37 pm
I can agree with that McGentrix. Clinton was off the charts, yet a failure.

As I have sketched out, Clinton did little in his eight years except have legislation passed which the GOP agreed with.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:33 pm
Mortkat wrote:
I am sure that Old Europe and AU1929 appear to know almost nothing about intelligence scores. I am sure they don't know where a 120 IQ puts a person on the normal curve.

So far, I can see three categories of posters who defend Bush:

(1) the "You're a sore loser who pines for the Clinton/Gore era, and harbors a political agenda" category
(2) the "Dubya is an honorable man and you must blindly follow him" category
(3) the "You're a stupid, worthless, unimportant excuse for a human being" category

Mortogato, of course, is the personification of category 3.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:37 pm
Mortogato? Isn't it a violation of the rules to address people by names other than the ones they are listed by?

Old Europe might well be transmuted into OId Whore. Europe has always been a whore. Or are you a pimp, Old Europe?

I do not indulge in name calling unless I am called a name.

My name is Mortkat, remember that, Old Europe!!!

For if you did that to me when I was standing next to you, you would never ever do it again.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:39 pm

Just posting so you can't edit your post anymore...
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:44 pm
That's fine because I was searching for a moderator to complain about you. It is typical of people like you. They cannot defeat their opponents with logic and arguments so they descend to name calling.

You can do your worst. But the truth is not on your side.

You may feel chagrined that I decisively defeated you on the "global warming" thread but you do not have the ability to argue with me--Only to call names.

That's fine. No one defeats me. Not in the long run, Old Europe...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:46 pm
Can I have a law named after me as well? I'm getting jealous...
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:47 pm
Don't know if you qualify, nimh!

Very Happy
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:49 pm
I really like this bit here:

Mortkat wrote:
That's fine. No one defeats me. Not in the long run, Old Europe...

Hmmm! So cuuute!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:51 pm
You seriously resent Old Europe for calling you by a mix of your current and previous username, Mortkat?

Why? I would have thought you would be proud of your extensive body of work here ...

including the frequent word plays on other posters' usernames (I believe I was "nimb", or something of the sort).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:52 pm
Yes, very Clint Eastwood kinda, huh?

And pretty pleeeaase, OE ... what about some minor law? Something on traffic violations or the like?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 06:55 pm
dead cats are best stacked like firewood and left to cure before casting in the fire, you get a higher BTU output.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 07:05 pm
Code:For if you did that to me when I was standing next to you, you would never ever do it again.

Reminds me of the comedy routine where Marty Feldman did an imitation of John Wayne.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 07:12 pm
dyslexia wrote:
dead cats are best stacked like firewood and left to cure before casting in the fire, you get a higher BTU output.

... which reminds me of the book "101 Uses for a Dead Cat":

http://www.undergroundhumor.com/books/images/sneakapeek/101udcsample2_large.gif
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
Why don't you fellas try a new tactic. If you are annoyed for some reason, don't descend to the personal level. My name is Mortkat--not the abomination suggested by Old Europe. He drew first blood.

He should apologize but I don't expect him to do so but I will definitely contact a moderator.

I was informed that one tactic that people use when they can't defeat an opponent logically or with evidence is the tactic of smearing or name calling.

I have no fear of that since it smacks of "mommy, that bad man is making faces at me".

I would hope that the posters on these threads are more grown up than that.

However, I fear that their responses when they are bested in argument descend to twisting someone's name out of shape.

My name is Moretkat. That's what I expect to be called.

Thank you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:28 pm
Yup, you're grown up - that's for sure. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:32 pm
Mortkatwrote:
Quote:

Thank you.

If your name is Moretkat, then you should change your username since it shows as Mortkat.
Cool
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:40 pm
Mortkat wrote:
I find the left wingers on this thread to be loquacious but lacking in facts.

l. George W. Bush was not wiped out in the debates with the policy wonk, Al Gore. No one has attempted to explain that. If Bush were indeed so inarticulate, how could he have had three debates with the most articulate Gore and not be defeated.

Not even Joe from Chicago will touch that one. He can't find the answer in his law crib notes.

2. Many of the people writing on these threads have taken the SAT test. George Bush took the SAT test. Those who do fairly well on the SAT are not necessarily articulate, but I am certain there is a correlation.

How did George W. Bush do on his SAT's? He scored 120.

Who is Bill Bradley? Former Senator Bradley!!! He ran in the 1990 Presidential Primaries. He was also a RHODES SCHOLAR!!!!

How did he do on his SAT? He scored LOWER than President George W. Bush did on the verbal section.

As I said, Joe from Chicago and others write nothing but generalizations. They have no facts. Chew on the facts above. Rebut them if you wish to try. They will stand because they are accurate.

I am sure that Old Europe and AU1929 appear to know almost nothing about intelligence scores. I am sure they don't know where a 120 IQ puts a person on the normal curve.

Of course, there are people who have higher IQ's than Bush but a high IQ does not mean that they will be good leaders.

Who had a higher IQ than Bill Clinton?

Yet, the famous presidential scholar, Dr. Fred I. Greenstein from Princeton who is an authority on leadership, wrote:

"The politically gifted ,EMOTIONALLY CHALLENGED William Jefferson Clinton provides yet another indication of the fundamental importance of EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE in the modern presidency>"

Uhhhhh......then just what WAS that little box strapped to GWB's back during the last debates? His handlers telling him what to say, methinks.
Also the voting machines were Republican owned.....go figure Cool
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:53 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Mortkatwrote:
Quote:

Thank you.

If your name is Moretkat, then you should change your username since it shows as Mortkat.
Cool

Captain, are you trying to cop my style?

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Nicole94114/lacedistort.jpg
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:19 pm
Sturgis wrote:
flushd wrote:
GW does not have a gift for words. Neither do his writers.

Well then, I must ask is this your way of saying he is actually a genius? Think about it. On one hand he referred to as not being at all bright and then we are told (by you) that neither he nor his writers have a gift for words. Now, whereas this may in some way be true (at least to the uninformed); it begs the question as to how pathetic the writers for the other side must be since George Bush won two consecutive elections. Even if one wants to dispute the first election victory, the fact is he won the 2004 election and at that point in time people had heard him a number of times. People had seen him in action and yet they voted for him again any way. According to your (and others) dim assessment of President Bush this would then say that the people themselves are dumber than sticks since it was the people who voted for George Bush.

I submit to you that George Bush is quite intelligent, bordering on genius level and it is this fact which scares the masses of negative nellies from the left. You are terrified by the idea that someone has finally presented real and legitimate solutions to the world's problems...how will you sleep at night once world peace and harmony are in place?

That doesn't make any sense.
0 Replies