Worst Speech of Bush's Presidency

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:26 am
Sturgis
You are correct. He is not entirely illiterate. He can read although he does seem to have problems sometimes.
As to Clinton whatever he did right or in your eyes wrong has no bearing or offers no excuse for the mistakes of the Bush [failed] presidency.

As to anti-Americanism. Those who would have people ignore the damage this president has done to the nation and say nothing are being anti-America and would inhibit the right of dissent. This is still America not Hitler's Germany or Stalin' s Russia.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:38 am
It is always best to look at only the "lies" of the Bush administration when looking at the history of the lead up to the war in Iraq. Everyone knows that whatever happened before Bush came into office regarding peoples beliefs that Saddam had WMD's has absolutely NO bearing what-so-ever on our actions there, so best not to discuss them...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:48 am
Quote:
Why? Because in point of fact the hate mongering issued from those who mock anything and everything about the President lowers the morale of both our nation and our troops stationed across the seas.

This is bullsh*t.

If the president would do something that wasn't completely deserving of derision, he would not be treated that way.

During the Afghanistan invasion many of us applauded the actions and leadership of Bush; we looked past his obvious mental deficiencies. It is Bush's actions which have lead to the criticism, not some irrational hatred of the man.

All I really feel for him is pity. And sort of a disgust. But not hatred.

That's reserved for Cheney and DeLay.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:54 am
That's odd. I personally only feel pity for you Cyclo.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:54 am
Although if iignorance truly is bliss; you must be quite the happy camper.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:55 am
Shrug. Whatever floats yer boat

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:58 am
Your pity is misplaced. It should be for the damage that clod has done to this great nation. Both domestically and on the world's stage.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 09:59 am
What clod? I thought we were not to discuss past Presidents.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:13 am
Sturgis
What a sterling response. Right out of kindergarden. Can't you do better than that? Shocked
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:22 am
au1929 wrote:
Sturgis
What a sterling response. Right out of kindergarden. Can't you do better than that? Shocked

Yes; however, it would be so far over you and your ilk that I have decided to forgo such an endeavor...though it would be an exhilarating pleasure.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:26 am
Sturgis
In other words you can't do any better.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:27 am
I resemble that remark.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 12:47 pm
au 1929 calls me to task for mentioning Bill Clinton. Has he forgotten Clinton's speech on Dec. 16th 1998 where he gave his rationale for sending missles to strike Iraq?

Clinton gave as his rationale for the missle strike his conclusions that Saddam would use his WMD's and REBUILD them. He also said that Saddam threatened the peace of the world, He also said that Saddam did not cooperate with the UN inspectors. He also said that Saddam would indeed develop, deploy and use his WMD's

Did you forget that speech, au1929?

If you did, it is easily available.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/16/transcripts/clinton.html
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:37 pm
I think they are trying to shift all focus away from Clinton and any other Democratic blunders. The idea appears to be a matter of negating all the good which George Bush has done.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:35 pm
Mortkat
You seem to forget that much had changed between the time of Clinton's speech and Bush's unjustified invasion. The inspectors had been allowed to enter Iraq and could find no evidence of nuclear weaponry or the wherewithal to manufacture same. The requirement of the UN had been met. Why than was it necessary to invade.

Sturgis
Pray tell what good did Bush do? I am sure the families of the more than 2000 American dead, many more thousand wounded and untold numbers of Iraqi dead and wounded would have some difficulty defining the good that Bush has done.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:42 pm
A)The amount of good is all around us and as to the sad and unfortunate losses, they gave their lives so we might have ours and our freedom.
B))More about loss...I have a nephew, my sister's son, who lost an arm and is partially blind now, he regrets nothing of what happened. My brother is in the military for life and he has no qualms with the fine job being done or the reasons for our nation being involved in a military action. So you see I am part of one of those families which you think all band together and curse George Bush. Guess what? We don't.
C)Why are you so negative?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:58 pm
Sturgis
Why am I negative. Because there was no justification for Bush'e elective war. The dead and wounded were Bush's sacrificial lambs and I cry for each and every one of them. On either side of the conflict. Their blood is on the hands of Bush and his cabal..
If there is a God Bush will have to answer for each and every one.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 04:03 pm
It was not an 'elective' war. It happened for a reason and people from both sides of the aisle were in agreement on it at the time.

For those Americans who are true patriots, it is known that loss is part of the continued struggle for freedom and peace. It is not a fun fact, but it is a fact. If I were asked today to give my life for the sake of this nation; then I would do so, and I would do so with honor.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 04:52 pm
Sturgis
The war was elective and unjustified. As a matter of fact the war in Iraq has increased the danger of terrorist attacks. Since it is both a recruiting tool and training ground for terrorists.
Regarding your patriotic diatribe. To fight and if need be die in the defense of ones nation is noble. To fight and die in an elective war started by our idiot president is not. One would think we had learned our. lesson in Viet Nam.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 06:57 pm
Believe what you want...you will anyway.
0 Replies