Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 09:12 pm
Two lurking vicarious attendees...

I am allergic to dogs too, Mac, though strangely not to The Pacco. Joanne, do you have a crate? or kennel, whatever they call it?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 10:59 pm
Yes I have a crate but my Aunt Jane has agreed to keep Bean. She will probably be happier as she has a good frined here.

Aunt Jane has a Siberian Huskey named of all things Little Girl. She is a real sweetie and they get along really well so I thing Bean will be happy to stay home.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:58 pm
T minus one day and counting!

Anticipation running high!

My ETA remains eightish. If y'all are still dining then, leave a message for me at the HITL.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:14 pm
That sounds great PDiddie.

(How about this rain? The bayou out my window is alarmingly high. At least it's supposed to end before my drive tomorrow, assuming that my car survives the night next to the bayou... Shocked)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
On my way already - I have Austin on my mind. See you soon Mac and all. I plan to be at the Holiday Inn at 4:00 p.m. Wear purple and a fabulous red had.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:50 pm
Ok, Joanne, I'll have my A2K sign - see you then.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 03:55 am
Hi ho Austin, see y'all soon.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 07:16 am
For all you lurkers: I am bringing my laptop, so I'll be able to give you some updates as we go. Very Happy
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 07:30 am
How exciting !!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:10 am
Yay on the laptop!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 09:07 am
Have a GREAT time gang. Wish I could be there. Can't wait to hear all about it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 12:05 pm
I'm here, In Austin, as some of you know. Great dinner last night! Now that I've finally gotten my earthlink to work properly......we're all hooked up. See everyone soon.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 02:18 pm
I'm here too. Lovely view of the lake and the trees around it, as well as of rush hour on I-35! Heading down to meet JoanneD and others? in the lobby in 40 minutes or so.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:31 pm
I am now within Autsin City Limits and have hooked up with Mac11, we are chatting face to non stop. PDiddle and family, BillW and family are due any time, Lola is already here.

EhBeth pics will be on the way soon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 05:44 pm
JoanneD! you knew I was here, waiting for those hat pix!

Love ya all. I can hardly wait to see the pix.

My excursion starts in about 20 minutes, when the dogs and I head to the airport to pick up Setanta.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 11:20 pm
Eight of us had a wonderful late dinner tonight. We waited for BillW and PDiddie and their respective spouses to arrive, and so we arrived at the restaurant at about 9:30 and closed the place down at 11:40. (Unfortunately no pictures were taken! Sad We'll try to do better tomorrow...)

I loved watching people meet who only know each other online. It's fascinating to me to see their brains match the unseen friend with the stranger standing before them.

This is a very interesting group. I look forward to getting to know them better tomorrow!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 11:21 am
More more more!

(EhBeth and I are so gonna reap what we've sown when we get to Madison, aren't we? We're gonna have to write a novel's worth of descriptives. Razz)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:45 pm
We had a leisurely breakfast at the hotel this morning. Pictures were taken! Including shots of JoanneD in each of her red hats. Smile

We toured the LBJ Library on the University of Texas campus. It is very nicely done. Lots of historical coverage of events during LBJ's life and especially while he was President, of course. I especially liked the animatronic LBJ in cowboy gear telling jokes.

We split up somewhat after that. Some of us had lunch (Mexican) and some went kayaking. At the moment, most of us are re-grouping (napping) to prepare for our busy evening plans! More later...
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 03:49 pm
Wow! I didn't realize this was happening till now!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 05:56 pm
I would love to be there. All I got to say now is, "Party hearty."
0 Replies