Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

blatham

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:20 am
Yes. Have returned with many fine auto parts and what appear to be the original reels of "Terror Tokyo Subway Worm Monster"
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:34 am
We need to setup a contact connection so everyone can get together whether they are staying at the Holiday Inn, somewhere else, live in Austin or just coming into town for one event.

What say........ Question
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 11:48 pm
how do we do this, Bill?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 10:56 am
Suggestion, announce at the front desk of the Holiday Inn Town Lake that you are with the A2K gathering. Anyone who is not staying there would contact someone there for up to the minute changes.

We probably need a coordinator - get an agenda together and PM for contacts numbers (local would be phone #'s, or places they are staying at), also need to get "real" names for referencing at there motel and other needed information. Any volunteers Question
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 11:01 am
I'll volunteer. PM me!

I still want us to come to a consensus about the agenda though. I have no intention of cajoling y'all to go hither and yon. I mostly want to talk! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 12:46 pm
Me too mac, and I can't commit to attending every item on any set agenda. There may be conflicting committments, but I'll be there with bells on and ready to meet y'all. This is going to be fun

BillW, That's funny about the real names. We had trouble with that in New Mexico. We all realized we didn't know the real names of the people we wanted to meet with. The hotel desk personel didn't seem to know who Lola was. Very funny.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 01:54 pm
I'm an anal-ist by profession. Can't help it, maybe you can help, at least uncover the period that caused it Smile At least it helps on the job Exclamation People get pissed at me, they think because I uncovered the problem before it stricks, I caused it - go figure.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:27 pm
I know, Bill............I'm an anal-yst too, except I think I'm anally expulsive rather than retentive. Very funny. If you want the area uncovered, does that mean you need a spanking? Naughty, very naughty. Have you ever noticed that "therapist" also spells "the-rapist?" You have to look out for us expulsive type rapists. Laughing

It's great to have someone organizing. Excellent, I would say. Then I don't have to do it. I'll go along with whatever is decided. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn downtown.....the same one everyone else is, what ever the name is.....I forget (see how anal I am?) actually, what I am is hysterical, but there's no crime in it. I'm one of those "Good Hysterics" that is written about so much in the literature, just like most of the other human beings walking around (those of us who are not psychotic, that is). It's actually a compliment to say a person is neurotic these days, what with borderline, narcissistic, and/or psychopathic personality disorder and all the other labels that are used to describe naughty, struggling people. Good ole plain vanilla neurotic is the description of normal these days. Let's see, now where was I?............oh, this is going to be fun.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:38 pm
There's something for the agenda Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 02:44 pm
(note to self: be sure to put fun on the agenda...)

Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 06:11 pm
yes, I'm for fun, if not happiness, then fun will do
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 09:56 pm
So what if I find out at the last minute that I can make it to the gathering? Work is not a prob...but ya never know (I'm superstitious about making long-term plans). The known contact thing would work out great.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 10:09 pm
HI-Town Lake is probably going to be A2K Central, so I hope they have a nice comfortable lobby for about 20 or so of us who are going to want to congregate and communicate and flagellate.

If not we'll have to take over a diner or something.

We're (the wife and I) going to want to go and do a few things, but I recognize everyone will be on their own agenda.

I'll keep posting activities that some will want to join us in doing.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 06:47 am
LibertyD, I'd be happy to meet you whether you're a last minute attendee or not. Very Happy How far is the drive to Austin for you?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:48 am
If there is someone who has been thinking of attending this Gathering but has thought themselves unable to do so due to lack of funds for lodging...

...time to think again.

Something for you is available, and if you are interested, please contact me via PM.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 06:18 pm
It looks like the travel scholarship may enable someone special to attend, but I'll let her make her own announcement.

Another note, from someone in the know: bring your swimsuit for a visit to Barton Springs, a spring-fed lake in the heart of town. It'll still be warm enough (sadly) to take a dip, and even if you're not aquatically inclined, it makes for a peaceful respite.
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:35 pm
Mac, it's about 8 hours from Tulsa to drive...but I can always fly (which would also take 8 hours or so, these days Wink )

Hmmmm....this is sounding funner and funner!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:55 pm
Come on down! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 08:56 pm
how about a trip down the river in an inner tube, PD? That can always be fun.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 09:06 pm
Well, as time draws close, I wish you all a wonderful gathering.
0 Replies