Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

mac11

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 09:45 am
Very Happy Your choice!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 09:43 am
Looking forward to Friday, I won't be doing any more posting after today - so meet ya'll at the Warehouse Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 09:44 am
See you there, Bill - I'll be wearing my blue A2K cap! Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 09:49 am
The first person check in with "The A2K Group", and from there everyone will follow Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 09:49 am
Sounds like a good plan to me.
0 Replies

Sinkerhawk

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 10:32 am
It looks like I'm going to be packing stuff on Friday night. But at least my friend said she would make it up to me. I think she's going to take me out to eat Saturday night after we finish. That's really nice of her.

Well, maybe October will turn out better.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2003 11:37 am
I hope it does, sinkerhawk. It would be great to meet you!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2003 10:33 am
I sent an email to marycat (finally - I should have done it days/weeks ago).

Any lurkers planning to join us? Very Happy
[/b]
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2003 01:20 pm
Thanks for the email, mac11!

I don't think I will be able to make it, as I am heading off to work this evening and am back at the bakery early early tomorrow, but I will do my best.

:-)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 10:38 am
mac and I had our little get together last night and had a wonderful time - it was so successful, we solved all the world problems in less than 3 hours, now if only someone will listen. :razz:

Thanks mac, we all had a lovely time Laughing - wish others had been able to make it! Can't wait until October.
0 Replies

max

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 02:28 pm
Sad Ive had a bad cold, Im really sorry I was not there, and especially not there for mac..............................
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:18 pm
Looking forward to seeing you in October max, hope you're feeling much, much better today Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:29 pm
Details details details! Pictures?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 03:43 pm
No pictures - this time Smile there will be pictures at the large gathering in October. There was my family and Mac only that met for a 2 hour stop (do I here Gilligan music in the background Smile ) at Spaghetti Warehouse.

sozobe, are you going to be able to make the October large gathering. I so hope so, would love to meet you, sozlette and sozband! Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2003 10:16 pm
I'm happy to report that BillW is just as charming in person as he is online. Very Happy

Ok, now it's time to get to work on planning the October meeting!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 03:40 pm
And mac an angel Smile

Thanks!

Would love to make it to a cavern, want to see the bats leave one evening and a nature walk (cavern visit and nature walk together would be excellent) - hope bats are in season!

I have thought about camping out without any meals in the great outdoors. They take a to long to prepare. Now, if we could get everyone camping - then cooking out would just be part of it. This is just a thought, I know everyone wouldn't want to campout. Do I have any takers?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2003 05:53 pm
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/lurk2.gif

still lurking
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 12:53 pm
I'm very sorry I missed you all the other night! I got to the restaurant after you had all left. Alas and alack...

Hopefully I'll be working a more normal schedule in October and I'll be able to make that gathering!

Bill, the bats and caverns sound like great fun! Actual camping is not so much my thing, though. I like hiking and exploring, and then I like going back to the world of indoor plumbing.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 12:54 pm
I'm with you on that one, marycat. A bed and running water for me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2003 02:04 pm
Sozband! Gotta start using that one.

Well, the sozband and the sozband's family share a psychosis which manifests itself in REFUSING TO PLAN AHEAD, for anything, and RESERVING THE RIGHT TO BACK OUT AT THE LAST MINUTE FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON even if they do accidentally plan something. So while we may be seeing them (they're the Texans) in Colorado next month (yes next month), we dunno, and we dunno if something may be happening beyond that if we don't. The sozlet has two cousins she has never met (one a little older, one a little younger) because of the incessant waffling. Ergh.

So, would love to say I could make it (the family lives in Ft. Worth, though, anyway, which is pretty far away) but can't commit to it and probably unlikely.

Sniff.
0 Replies