Why did Charles ever choose Camilla over Diana?

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 03:15 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Gawd Steve....Where have you been?

everybody who's anybody knows about this. Rolling Eyes

I've been here, all the time. But, perhaps more interestingly Chai, is where have you been?
0 Replies

shmookiedoo

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
Charles was married to Diana, and he cheated. If he wasn't happy with his wife, he should have dissolved the marriage first, then pursued Camilla. He may very well have been pressured by his family and the powers that be keep up appearances. The very fact that the future king does not have the backbone to stand up to his mother about who to marry, or whether to stay married shows the kind of character he is.
Likewise for Camilla. She cheated on her husband with a married man. It's no wonder the public isn't enthusiastic about the possibility of her becoming their queen.
Diana wasn't perfect by any means. She was a young naive girl who was used as a pawn in a big game of royal chess. Her husband never really loved her. Aside from her happiness being mom to two children she adored, her life was really quite tragic.
The whole situation was a catastrophe.
Why did Charles choose Camilla over Diana? Because they are two peas in a pod. I think they were destined for each other. Being the selfish, uncaring people who are both void of empathy, the fact that people got hurt by their actions wouldn't effect them in the least
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 02:04 pm
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/126/clipboard010rh.png
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 02:49 pm
shmook, The reason Charles was demanded to marry Diana was to produce heirs.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:02 am
On the frontpage of today's 'Daily Express':

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/8536/zwischenablage014xc.th.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:05 am
And on page 7 of that paper the story continues ...

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5541/zwischenablage018xn.th.jpg
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/5220/zwischenablage011zl.th.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 11:37 am
Walter,

Why do you think they can't warm to Camilla? Is it because Charles cheated with her on Diana and they also feel betrayed? Do they just not like her? Do you have any opinions on this?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:19 pm
No idea - besides that I wouldn't have married Camilla. :wink:
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:35 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Walter,

Why do you think they can't warm to Camilla? Is it because Charles cheated with her on Diana and they also feel betrayed? Do they just not like her? Do you have any opinions on this?

My take on this, Momma, although I don't give tuppence for the royal family, is that Camilla was in on the "brood mare" arrangement from the very beginning.
It was a requirement for Charles to produce an heir (or two). Charles, at the time, was bonking Camilla left right and centre. She understood the need for heirs, so stood aside as a suitable brood mare was selected for Charlie boy.
Immediately prior to their wedding, during the honeymoon and for a long time after, Camilla was in pretty constant contact with Charles, either by correspondence, phone calls or physical liaisons.
The news broke about Diana being the selected one, which sparked off a massive frenzy of press activity. She was basically hounded for a long period of time leading up to the wedding.
The royal family, knowing the full reason for the marriage, didn't really accept her as a "true" fellow royal.
Charles didn't love her, was certainly not a shoulder to cry on and all the time was going behind her back and bonking the pantomime horse.

Diana eventually started playing them at their own game, and in the end became an expert at manipulating the media. Some say she was a drama queen, I tend to think that she had no other option. She was basically a young posh innocent girl, chucked into a snake pit.

I certainly dislike Camilla just as much as I dislike Charles. They are all just as bad as one another.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 01:51 pm
I knew I liked you, LordE.

That's always been my take, too. I thought I was the only person in the U.S. screaming, "Turn back! Turn back!" as Diana walked down that aisle.

Every time I get depressed about Dubya, I think of Charles and count my blessings. At least we'll be rid of our idiot in a couple of years. (Assuming we don't elect another one, which is one BIG assumption!)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:00 pm
The only saving grace in all of this seems to be William.

At this moment in time, he seems to be a sensible, kind, intelligent and seemingly down to earth young man. If we HAVE to have a monarch, he would be good, in my eyes. I just hope that he doesn't change.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:04 pm
It's gotta suck to be a royal. "Marry this, wear that, eat this, say that...", you're under the whatsit, periscope,.... no, microscope the whole time. I don't have any particular feelings about any of them, though I do tend to stare at his highness William if he appears in some media in front of me. Monarch, schmonarch, that boy's fiiiine.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:08 pm
We can always hope his family won't have too much influence over him, LordE.

That IS a lot to hope for, though.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
nah, he seems to have his own head. he does good in the world (plugs ears and sings loudly to not hear any possible dissent)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:12 pm
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/world/0306/gallery.prince.william.party/gal.william.portrait.jpg

droooool.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:14 pm
and bonking the pantomime horse. "

oh dear <wipes tear> that made me laugh Lorde
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:25 pm
Yes, that just sums it up what Lord Ellpus said. Camilla and Charles are selfish, devious people who sacrificed the life of an innocent, young girl, used her as a brood mare, and then discarded and tossed her aside like a piece of brick.

Their love is tainted with blood and to think that they'll redeem themselves now, is ridiculous. Everyone get's exactly what he/she deserves, Royals are no exception.

Kudos to the English for not accepting Camilla.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 02:29 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
and bonking the pantomime horse. "

oh dear <wipes tear> that made me laugh Lorde

He's got a way with words, doesn't he? Laughing
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:18 pm
No you're all wrong Camilla is cuddly and a good laugh and I'd give her one but I think I'd prefer her sister did you see her at the wedding she looks a real salt.
Diana on the other hand was stark staring bonkers and very manipulative and insincere although she had a dreadful life what a stepmother acid Raine and what and evil piece of work her brother is he is a dreadful fellow very dodgy family.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 03:23 pm
I'm not quite as cynical towards Camilla as most here. They have been an item for 30+ years. There is real affection here. Charles would probably have married Camilla in the first place had the royal establishment not deemed her unsuitable. He probably thought not unnaturally that he could behave as many other princes and monarchs have done in the past, i.e. the pretence of an official wife with nos 1 2 3 etc concubines and mistresses. Camilla was always his first love...and in the immortal words of Max Clifford.."she scrubs up quite well". Moreover if the prospect of Queen Camilla hastens the end of the British Monarchy, I'm all in favour and probably so is she.
0 Replies