Why did Charles ever choose Camilla over Diana?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:36 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

The rest of your post is pure jibberish to me.

I've just re-read it, and it's jibberish to me, too. Steve or Walter may be able to help out.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:43 pm
it must have been that left hook you incurred right into your left hemisphere, ellpus. all will be clearer tomorrow.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:44 pm
The only reason Spanky want's to be behind me,
is to hide there from dag and Steve http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif
Whereas Steve has probably hit the road already....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:46 pm
oh watch me how profusely i resist...

can't see you put up much of a fight either, cj!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:46 pm
I thought Barry Gibb died already?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:48 pm
This WAS back in '94.....'95?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:48 pm
dag, how can you fight something that brings pleasure, eh?

Coming back to your celebrity question: I think if any of those
would indeed come on a forum like a2k, they probably would
assume a new identity and stick to it - similar to what gustav
is doing.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:52 pm
OOOH! Speaking of Camilla, it's the Grand National on Saturday. I must remember to place a bet.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:53 pm
I haven't read the 25 pages, so sorry if I repeat ...

Camilla looks like something you should put a saddle on, not marry! Charles is one UGLY ducking as well, it's amazing Diana said "I do" to that face Rolling Eyes Diana seemed like she had it all, I never understood why she married that loser anyway!! She could have done so much better at so many levels!!

Anon
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:56 pm
Anon, how did you manage to get your emoticon in just the right place?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:57 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
OOOH! Speaking of Camilla, it's the Grand National on Saturday. I must remember to place a bet.

I hadn't read this one ... Laughing

You have definitely got that one right, put a hun on it for me!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:58 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Anon, how did you manage to get your emoticon in just the right place?

???? Just put it there ????

Anon
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:58 pm
She ain't gonna win, you know!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 04:59 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
She ain't gonna win, you know!

Win, Place, Or Show ???

Anon
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:02 am
What are the chances the queen skips Charles altogether and William becomes the next king? Is it up to her and can she do that?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:10 am
Chuck is such a hairball, that would probably be the best decision the Queen could make. I don't know if she can do that or not. Maybe she could have the papparazzi chase them down Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:19 am
J_B wrote:
What are the chances the queen skips Charles altogether and William becomes the next king? Is it up to her and can she do that?

The Queen has only little to do with that. (If anything at all.)

There must be changes done to the succession law ( which Parliament had originally imposed upon an unwilling monarchy).

These changes aren't quite easily to be done, since the English monarch isn't only queen/king in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but head of state in a couple of Commonwealth countries as well.

Changin the succession for leaving one generation out have happened in other dynasties but only to (officially) medical or similar reasons which, on the other hand, were (and are) included in the various successions laws.

Might be, this will happen again.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:35 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
J_B wrote:

The Queen has only little to do with that. (If anything at all.)

There must be changes done to the succession law ( which Parliament had originally imposed upon an unwilling monarchy).

These changes aren't quite easily to be done, since the English monarch isn't only queen/king in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but head of state in a couple of Commonwealth countries as well.

Changin the succession for leaving one generation out have happened in other dynasties but only to (officially) medical or similar reasons which, on the other hand, were (and are) included in the various successions laws.

Might be, this will happen again.

Does insanity count?

ANon
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:39 am
The chance of a change in the law to allow photogenic William to succeed in place of not so photogenic dad is zilch. (Sorry Dag).

The queen want charles to be king. Charles has a perfect legal right to the throne. He wants to be king. NOTHING unless he has a sudden change of heart or pre deceases his mother will stop him becoming king. Even if the girls do fancy his son more than him. [And even if Queen Elizabeth suddenly said she did not want him king...in these matters the will of the heir tothe throne takes precedent]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 06:29 am
The latest:

http://i17.tinypic.com/4qi8xvn.jpg

(frontpage, today's 'Evening Standard, noon edition)
0 Replies