Why did Charles ever choose Camilla over Diana?

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:22 pm
Englishmajor wrote:
Quote:
Class cannot be acquired. One is born with it.

Whoa, are you ever off base here. Class is acquired. You cannot be born with it. You may be confusing status with class.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:26 pm
englishmajor wrote:
But Charles is a wimpy fellow and had to follow Mom's wishes. He managed to get a divorce when he wanted one. After the heirs were produced of course.

Camilla and Charles deserve each other. They are both insufferable, chinless snobs, & can't relate to the common people. Camilla doesn't like to even touch people in a crowd, like Diana did. Thank goodness Harry and William are like their mom.

When a person is famous, they live in a fishbowl. I'm sure my opinions and those of anyone else really do not matter to such people.

I hear Charles may have another mistress already. Guys who cheat on their wives usually cheat on their mistresses, when/if they marry. Ole Camille may be getting a taste of her own medicine.

These are not facts. They are your opinion. Why do you really care what happens in England.

Have you lived there? ;-)
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:39 pm
Class IS something one is born with - ever heard 'she/he is a classy person'. I am not speaking of the class/status system of which the English so excel at. Some people have a natural born poise and style, others must be taught these things. Diana had class, grace and a style all her own. Sure these are my opinions, just as your opinions are also yours. I don't care that much about what Camilla and Charles do. It doesn't, certainly, keep me awake at night!

I was simply making a statement that it was too bad that Diana had been used by the Royals in such a cruel fashion, and what goes around, comes around. Camilla may simply get a taste of her own medicine. So what if she does?

Yes, I have lived in England and attended university there.

If you don't care what happens in England, why are you bothering to even reply on this forum? There are hundreds of others you can choose from.

wink wink
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:43 pm
englishmajor wrote:
Class IS something one is born with - ever heard 'she/he is a classy person'. I am not speaking of the class/status system of which the English so excel at. Some people have a natural born poise and style, others must be taught these things. Diana had class, grace and a style all her own. Sure these are my opinions, just as your opinions are also yours. I don't care that much about what Camilla and Charles do. It doesn't, certainly, keep me awake at night!

I was simply making a statement that it was too bad that Diana had been used by the Royals in such a cruel fashion, and what goes around, comes around. Camilla may simply get a taste of her own medicine. So what if she does?

Yes, I have lived in England and attended university there.

If you don't care what happens in England, why are you bothering to even reply on this forum? There are hundreds of others you can choose from.

wink wink

Did you know Aidan there?

wink wink
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:50 pm
I'm not even going to reply to someone who could possibly, even jokingly, support Mommy Angel.

Why don't you two create your own topic?

That would be a real winner!!!

winkwink
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:12 pm
englishmajor, welcome to A2K.

You seem to be a person of strong convictions and passions. I admire those attributes in a person. You also seem to think it is acceptable to ask a question of opinion on a forum and then berate those whose opinions differ from yours. If you didn't want to hear opinions that differed from your own, why did you ask the question?

Many of us on these forums have strong convictions and passions. It's what make the discussions interesting. There have been many cases when a particular individual holds strong views quite the opposite of my own but when they need my support on an issue of health or relationship they get it without question.

Not replying to one poster because they support another poster whose views disagree with yours shows a definite lack of maturity and compassion. We can disagree with each other on many levels and maintain fair dialogue while doing so. Discussion can only continue when it is done with dignity and respect.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:20 pm
Re: Why did Charles ever choose Camilla over Diana?
englishmajor wrote:
Diana had beauty, style and grace..... On the other hand, Camilla has none, and never will have any of these attributes.

in your opinion. Prince Charles thinks differently. He's married to her not you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 03:25 pm
You said the words for me, J_B...

and Steve, too.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 06:41 pm
So, it was ok for Charles to treat Diana the way he did? Cheating on her and putting Camilla in her face all the time? Yes, I have strong opinions and passions. Most folks with a frontal lobe do. But I think Diana would still be alive if she had not sought acceptance and love elsewhere, don't you?

BTW, you are right - it's not mature or compassionate to refuse to communicate with some posters, but that is my right to do so. If those posters are rude and obnoxious I feel I don't have to put up with reading their garbage. It's a two way street.

This is probably fodder for a new thread, but I do think Diana was murdered. She even said in her diary months before she died that she felt she was in danger. It would be too awful to contemplate the possibility that she was killed to facilitate a marriage between Camilla and Charles.....or to remove her so she would not marry and form an alliance with Dodi Fayad (I think was his name) and thus Egypt......???????????? who knows???????
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 06:56 pm
However, Charles treated Diana was a matter for him and her. I agree that it is good to have a frontal lobe. It would be very difficult to get through this life without one.

You have your rights, just as Charles and Diana had theirs. Everyone is entitled to their rights and their opinions. I assume that you are referring to me as rude and obnoxious since it is me that you refused to communicate with when I asked a simple question.

I did not make any attempt to be rude or obnoxious and this was certainly not my intent. My intent was to offer my opinion on a topic that you asked for opinion on. The fact that you do not like my opinion, or the opinion of anyone else if of no particular concern to me as it is not life changing for me. If you do not want garbage, then do not drive the garbage truck.

So you think that Charles had Diana bumped off so he could marry Camila several years later? Hmm, get the chauffeur drunk to cause an accident in which Diana had a possibility of being unharmed, injured or even killed. That Charles is quite the operator, isn't he.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 07:01 pm
If you are saying Intrepid is obnoxious, say, in comparison to yourself as a poster, let me disagree.

I happen to disagree on many issues if not on all topics here with momma angel and intrepid, but I understand their points of view.

Rude dismissal of other posters makes one feel good at the time but doesn't work as argument.

I might agree on one or another of your personal points of view, though not this one, since I have probably read more about it over time, even glancingly than you, but however much I may agree, I am not for bludgeoning as a useful argument.

Do you always win stuff by enthusiastic bludgeoning?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:24 pm
Osso--

I like your term, "enthusiastic bludgeoning". Can we work "girlish" into the description?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:29 pm
I don't know if our poster is a girl or not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:31 pm
I see what you mean, that enthusiastic bludgeoning is girlish, but it is also boyish. Immaturish.
We all go through it, at least in our own minds.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:43 pm
Osso wrote:

Quote:
I see what you mean, that enthusiastic bludgeoning is girlish, but it is also boyish. Immaturish.
We all go through it, at least in our own minds

Judging from the chosen avatar, I'd postulate that the person is question is probably girlish--certainly immaturish, whatever the sex.

On the other hand, the avatar could be boyish-seeing-power-from-eternal- feminine.

Pop-psyc is so easy to get wrong.

I'm still exceeding immaturish in my own mind.

Where are the snows of yesteryear?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 08:58 pm
Noddy, I know you and I, who often if not always agree (trying to remember when we don't and I know we don't sometimes - we should probably do a thread on that some year if we can remember points of difference) can be taken as blindly arrogant.

Let's say we don't mean to be arrogant. We've noticed some patterns over time. We are glad to not be always right. Would that things we see wouldn't play out...

I don't even think we're all that old and experienced. Give me another thirty years and I can really give good advice.
I'll be 94 then, and about to retire in Italy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 09:20 pm
Osso--

We agree, we disagre, we spiral and we dance.

Your posts open up new corners of my world to me.

Tonight I wrote to an old friend about the theory of spirals we worked out bouncing from thread to thread.

We don't just talk--we speculate and grow. This is what we hope for englishmajor.

I've never been to Italy. Come 2024 or so, can I sleep on your couch while I remedy my gaps?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 09:49 pm
You can sleep on the Murphy Bed as long as I have it. I tell you, it is classic.

I finally crawled into it one afternoon lately, with a novel...
I don't usually go there as it is a) the guest room, and b) right by the street, which is rather busy twice a day, as in river of cars...

but a couple of months ago I tried it out, as guests had told me they slept wonderfully, and best bed ever type comments...

and they were right, perfect mild sunshine, great bed, good book...

But that is now.

Oddly, as my house if for sale, two long time friends are coming to visit soon in separate visits.

OK, I apologize, re the making a tangent on the thread.
I'm a tad preoccupied lately.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 10:17 pm
Englishmajor Wrote:

Quote:
I'm not even going to reply to someone who could possibly, even jokingly, support Mommy Angel.

Why don't you two create your own topic?

That would be a real winner!!!

winkwink

And just what the devil is your problem with me? If you have a problem with me, then deal with me. And it's Momma Angel, thank you very much.

You obvious lack of respect for others is rather appalling.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 10:20 pm
Ossobuco Wrote:

Quote:
If you are saying Intrepid is obnoxious, say, in comparison to yourself as a poster, let me disagree.

I happen to disagree on many issues if not on all topics here with momma angel and intrepid, but I understand their points of view.

Rude dismissal of other posters makes one feel good at the time but doesn't work as argument.

I might agree on one or another of your personal points of view, though not this one, since I have probably read more about it over time, even glancingly than you, but however much I may agree, I am not for bludgeoning as a useful argument.

Do you always win stuff by enthusiastic bludgeoning?

Osso, thank you. That was very kind of you. We may disagree on most things, but I do like the way you handle yourself. Englishmajor, OSSO HAS CLASS!
0 Replies