Major Trouble Brewing-HELP!

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:42 am
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 10:45 am
i agree.

people know now that aids is real and it is deadly
all you need to do is protect yourself to decrease our chances to get it.
yet, people still screw every tom , dick and harriette they can find for immediate gratification
>sigh<
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:42 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Borris- your friend not telling you was his way of keeping something normal and comfortable in his ever shrinking life.
You did the absolut best thing in the world for them.. you never said anything and treated them just like everyone else.
In a persons life who has aids.. that never happens. Very Happy

( sorry.. didnt mean to de rail this.. )

Er, actually, this is my brother, my only brother. We only have one surviving sister left... the other 2 are dead. So that's what really pissed me off about it.

He was in Intensive Care, so ill he was actually dead for like 15 minutes, and nobody told me anything until after the fact. So that would have been 3 out of 4 of my siblings dead WAY before their time, and it was really hard to bear.

My mother knew all along, and kept the "big secret." Still annoys me (and frankly, hurts) when I think about it.

I'm just glad (and somewhat amazed) that he's still alive, though unable to work, 10 years later.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 12:50 pm
Just for the record... my parents had 5 children:

1) Dead at 19, killed by a drunk driver.

2) Dead at 36, shot herself in the head.

3) My only brother, AIDS victim, convicted drug dealer, still miraculously alive.

4) Lesbian who's gone without sex for 20 years; PhD in Russian Literature, last seen working as a hotel maid.

5) Me.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 01:07 pm
Um, I'm sorry, eoe. Back to your previous thread!

Still think (strongly) you did the right thing and haven't a thing to worry about.

Thinking about "Reggie," Shewolf's delightful term "Punk-ass" springs to mind!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 03:27 pm
BorisKitten--

The rest of your family may reek of manure, but you've taken the fertilizer and turned into a rose. Of course you have a few thorns, but your petals are lovely and your rose hips are full of all sorts of good sense.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 03:52 pm
Don't apologize Boris. Our minds drift while in 'conversation' and some sidebars are definitely worth sharing.

I'm not worried about anything, really, except brawling with my husband about this. Reggie has always been a sensitive subject for us, I almost left him more than once, earler in our marriage, because of this kid and altho' things are quiet now and have been for a few years, the scab is still there and one quick yank, I'm afraid, could open it all back up again. And I don't want that.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 04:15 pm
Im sorry Borris.
I read your initial post wrong.
I just went back and you clearly said brother..
yet somewhere in my mind, i registered friend.
Im sorry.. I will pay attention next time before i run my mouth like that. :-(
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 04:34 pm
Aw thanks, Noddy. I try not to think of my family, mostly, as they're so disturbing... those alive Really act crazy. It's sort of like watching a train wreck that's permanently in progress.

My life has been a lot happier since breaking off all contact with them.

Shewolf, nothing to apologize for, you're my pal.

eoe, Now I can see why your husband's reaction might be a concern... I didn't know the same kid had been such a problem for you in the past. I'd guess, though, that your marriage has grown stronger since the last Reggie thing.

I also still think you could have saved Joe's life, and that may be worth a bit of marital bickering. Like others here, I was frightened that Joe was so shocked by the news... to me that would indicate maybe he Was considering a fatal step with Reggie.

I rather doubt Joe or Reggie will go blathering on about it. Don't you think?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 06:08 pm
Be firm (I already know you will be) if this ever comes up between you and hub. Knowledge is power, information is important.

Not to ask more than you want to tell, but I don't remember what your husband is aware of, re Reggie's status and Joe's potential involvement or what his reasons for telling or not might be. I don't want to be invasive re husband, so feel free to say quiet, osso.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
He knows that his son is HIV positive, of course, and accepting his homosexuality has been difficult for him, as it would be for most parents. Later on he would see the logic in me telling Joe but initially, the resentment may come from anywhere like, why should I be able to save mine when he can't save his? Crazy, yes, but rationale goes out of the window sometimes when it comes to his kids, again, like most parents.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:36 pm
Understand where he's coming from, just wasn't clear on it.
Thanks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
Re: Major Trouble Brewing-HELP!
eoe wrote:
Okay. I've barely been able to work today for thinking about this potentially sordid mess. I think I know what I've got to do but geez louise, this is so dicey.

Some of you may remember that my Godson (let's call him Joe) is in college here in my city. We've wanted this for him for many years and it was a joyous occasion when he was accepted. Last year had its' ups and downs but he made it through and now he's back for his Sophomore year. Okay fine.

Altho' his mother has never outright said anything to me, she has, in the last couple of years, dropped enough hints to let me know that Joe's
sexuality has been in question since high school. He's had 'girlfriends' in
the past but he's also had relationships with guys who were obviously gay. Supposedly they were only friends but it has always been my experience, having many, many gay friends, that straight men and gay men simply do not hang out together. Of course, I'm of another generation and could be totally out of the loop on todays' attitude about this but I can only go on what I know.

Now, my youngest stepson (we'll call him Reggie) is gay. He's out, it's no secret, everyone has accepted it. Well, Joe and Reggie met each other for the first time here at a party in my home several weeks ago and now I hear last night, from my oldest stepson, that Joe and Reggie are hanging out together. I know that Reggie, who's a hair stylist, has cornrowed Joe's hair but I did not know about them hanging out and here's the crux of the dilemma...

Reggie is HIV-positive. I know that I need to tell Joe, in case Reggie hasn't, but I'm not sure how to do it without bringing Joe's sexuality into the picture. I don't want to sound accusatory but I want him to know how PISSED OFF I would be if they should get together. Out of all the gay boys in this city, for them to get together, disregarding the havoc that this could cause between the familes, would be like a slap in the face to both me and Joe's mother, my first cousin, not to mention putting me and his mothers' relationship in total jeopardy. A desperate, angry mother will be looking for someone to blame and I've got a feeling that the eyes will be cast this way, simply because they met in my home.

I know I need to talk to Joe but, am I making a big deal out of nothing? Am I jumping the gun? Should I take the risk and stay quiet? Should I take a stick to both of their asses? What?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:33 am
Hey, that's good. I'm glad you guys are able to communicate about this stuff. (Worried about Joe though!) (And Reggie too I guess... sounds like he was more of a lost cause before any of this started though...?)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:10 pm
I don't worry so much about Reggie any more and I'm at a point now where I'm not all that worried about Joe either. They're men now. Hard-headed, stubborn psuedo-adults who think they know everything and we're as dumb as rocks so, more power to them. More than anything, I was concerned with my cousin being duped, both financially and emotionally, by a son who doesn't deserve her devotion. I didn't want that on her conscience nor mine.
0 Replies