Reply Wed 14 Dec, 2005 02:17 pm
Well, I hope.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 01:18 am
Hey lovely people!

Hey, I'm alive. Razz Razz Razz
Very very happy.

Everything went well. No complications so far. I am staying at a friends to recoup. Being treated like a Queen. Really, she is being an awesome friend. And it helps so much, especially considering my one and only mum wasn't. NOT keen on the whole idea. Uh, okay, she adamently opposed it. She is of the big-breasted variety as well, but for some reason can not find it within herself to support me. Wah wah, I know. Different values. "Don't mess with what God gives ya" with menacing undertones of "Or else something really, truly horrible is gonna happen". Oh well.

Just wanted to send out a big BIG THANK YOU to everyone!

I am trying to keep myself as busy and social as possible right now, so may not be posting much for a while. Trying to guard against a sneak attack of depression or compulsive obsessive worrying and dwelling on how weird this all is. It's gonna take some time, and I know I gotta stay mentally strong while I recover and adapt.

Phoenix, were there any specific things you did during the recovery period that helped with the mental side of this? The physical side is easy in a way. I know what to do, that it will heal and all that, but it's the emotional/physical part that is proving to the big challenge.

Thanks. Love to you all.

Very Happy
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 02:39 am
Big hug, flushd...glad to know everything went well and that you are well and happy Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:18 am
Good to know it went well, flushd. Smile

Happy new breasts to you
Happy new breasts to you
Happy new breasts, dear fluh-ushd,
Happy new breasts to you
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 06:35 am
flushd- So glad that it is all over with, and all went well.

I did not have the emotional trauma around having the procedure. I was hell bent on having it, and was very happy when it was over. I was also older, and past the stage where boobs are such a big deal to men. (Except for my neighbor, who wanted to know what happened to my chest! Laughing )

One of the first things that I did, was try on the shirts that used to pull across my chest before the operation. What a pleasure!

As I remember, the doctor wanted me to wear a sports bra for a few weeks after the operation. She didn't want anything cutting into me.

The first time I went to buy new bras was a revelation. I had been wearing the same style of bra forever. When I tried the same one on, in the new size, the style was absolutely WRONG for me. I had to go through about a dozen styles, before I found one that was right.

I know that it is hard, but if I were you, I would ignore what you mother said. Some people have their own agendas, and don't care whom they hurt to get their point across. I would keep it in the back of my mind, for reference, that she did not give you moral support when you were so conflicted, and really needed her emotionally.

flushd- Remember, that you have gone through a major change in body image. It will take you some time to get used to it, and, in the beginning, might not recognize yourself in the mirror. In time, your mind will accept the changes.........................and your back will be very, very grateful! Very Happy
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:37 am
No more back pain!

YAY!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:43 am
Well done flushd....and here's to a speedy recovery.

Any before and after pictures?

<it was worth a try>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 07:55 am
flushd, so good to see you're back and feelin' fine! Just think about how nice it will be to not have to lug around those heavy things anymore! The cute bras and tops! No more pain!

I am so excited for you!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:57 am
Thanks so much for the update, flushd! Best of luck as your recovery continues.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 10:59 am
I'm happy for you. Pamper yourself...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:27 pm
Good for you!
Hang out with us. You won't get depressed.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:53 pm
Very Happy

Happy Holiday Spirit to you all too! I feel so grateful for all the wonderful support and kindness. Ahh, you're right eoe, can't get depressed when in good company! Smile

Yeah, I'm wearing a sports bra for now, kinda bound up with the dressings and all. I hurt some, that's normal, but I can already feel the relief on my back. It's like someone stopped pushing on the top of shoulders. It feels great!

It's kinda funny seeing and feeling how my 'old' shirts are loose and big on me now. An excuse for not only new bras, but new shirts and everything!!

This is really good. On top of finally having this done and over with, I am getting some time to just sit and slow down in my life. Reevaluate, reorganize, and look forward to a wonderful wonderful new period in my life.

Very Happy Thanks again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 11:58 pm
A marvellous excuse to take advantage of the after-Christmas sales!

<is it weird that I thought of flushd when I put on one of my Christmas bras, while I was getting ready to go to a party this weekend???>
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:29 am
flushd- It sounds like you really are beginning to make "friends" with your new look. Remember, the operative word is,

SALE

Go get 'em, girl! Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 06:54 am
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2005 07:42 am
Flushd--

Perhaps your mother is a bit nervous that you might have better judgment than she does? Mothers ditherand yammer--it comes with the breed.

I hate shopping. Personally, the though of replacing an entire wardrobe about-the-waist would daunt me, but is shopping speeds healing...

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Medeira

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:33 pm
New member looking for Flushd
Hi Flushd. I joined this site moments ago after reading about your concerns. I too am experiencing similar anxieties. How are you doing?
Medira
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:00 am
Excellent news to hear you are doing well flushd. We are all now .... bosom-buddies (oof, couldn't resist it, sorry girls ... and LordE -who is also one of the girls!)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
Hi Medeira.

Yeah, things are going very well. Still a certain level of adjusting to the newly-renovated bits, but I am happy. No more red indents on my shoulders.
Got some beautiful bras.

Are you considering getting your bits renovated, Medeira?
0 Replies

Medeira

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 05:08 pm
renovation of the bits
Hi Flushd. Thanks for your response. This is the second post for me...it's totally new. I made my first appointment for a consultation today. While reading through your comments, I recognized my own anxieties about this. I'm older than you and I too identify with the size of my breasts...they have always been a part of me and I have always had a love/hate relationship with them. I am very curious about your post-op experiences. If you can give me some insight into your previous concerns versus how everything went, is going, I'd consider it a priviledge.
0 Replies