A Q for the women Re: Breast Reduction

Joeblow

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 02:05 pm
Er...hello?

Everything...good?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 02:49 pm
flushd- I went from an overflowing DDD to a reasonable B. I love it!

If a person is very large, the nipples have to be removed from the rest of the breast, and replaced. That means that a person who has had her nerves cut, WILL lose sensation.

I had a great surgeon, and the procedure was no big deal. Of course, any change is discombobbulating, and you will need to deal with that. But I reccommend it highly.

0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 01:10 am
My surgeon moved my appt (he decided he needed a holiday). I can't complain bc I am not paying out my pocket; and I want him to be well rested. I should be in recovery right now; instead I am still freaking out about the whole deal. I just wish it was over with!

I was all set to do it. I just wish it was over so I would stop obsessing. I was all prepared. Now I feel like I have to mentally prepare all over again.

Anyways, just updating. And feeling a little sad re-reading this thread. I want to get on with it; move past this. arrg.

Thanks Phoenix. Every success story is good to hear.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 07:07 am
flushd- When I was in the hospital after the surgery, I was attached to a morphine pump, so I could medicate myself, as needed, up to a certain limit, of course. I used it, once in awhile.

The doctor walked in, the following morning, looked at the readings on the pump, and asked me why I hardly used the morphine. I told her it was because I really didn't need it.

In reality, there was not much pain.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:11 am
flushd, I hope they just get on with this and do the damn surgery! Don't they know the physical and mental discomfort they are causing you? Arg.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:17 am
All surgery is scary, the worst being the time leading up to it. I've known a couple of women who have done this and both have happy conclusions. I have thought about it myself, but without insurance it's not going to happen here. Good luck, stay calm.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:49 am
Just wanted to come in and offer my underwired support. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 03:51 pm
"If 'twere don't, 'twere well twere done quickly."

Lady MacBeth had some things rights.

What is your rescheduled date?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:03 pm
Focus on the pretty bras.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 11:48 pm
Thanks everyone.

My rescheduled date is for Dec. 13. Merry Christmas to me! Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:22 am
flushd- Think about December 14.................The procedure will be all over, and you will have this new, svelte body, just in time for New Years' Eve! Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:54 am
Focus on the pretty bras.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:29 am
Pretty bras, nipples *up,* and perky breasts that *speak* to people! Haha.

More importantly, no back/shoulder pain.

Merry Christmas. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 02:13 pm
And when you write your letter to Santa....
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 02:27 pm
I didn't know there were so many women of large boobage on A2K. I bet the guys are reading this thread and smiling.

Anyhoo, the breast reduction ... if it is what you want you should go right ahead and get it. I would if it was me. I have a C-cup so that is manageable. I have noticed though, as I age, that they are not as perky as when I was 20. It makes me think that if I were any bigger, the droopage in later years must be a drag (pardon my pun). You are only 26 so your skin is tight and springy. Imagine when you are 50 and your boobs are that big, but now sitting on your knees?

I imagine the surgery is scaring the beejaysus out of you. I hate the thought of being cut myself and the weeks of healing that will happen afterwards but this reduction may also make it easier for you to do breast exams - I'd defer to Phoenix on this since she has already gone through this.

Good luck m'girl. You will be fabulous!
0 Replies

beyourself

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:43 am
I think you should go with your first reaction
It seems that screaming and yelling before going to breast surgery is a sure sign that you are about to do something you'll really regret.

All you have to do is look at the before and after photos that are available on the web of post-op breast reductions. Big scars with unnatural upward pointing nipples. Take a look at these Frankenstein photos, and ask yourself truthfully which photos are more attractive, the pre-op or the post-op. I just shake my head in disbelief that people would put themselves through this nightmare. Remember there is no going back.

I don't think anything is going to stop men from staring, even if you have a A-cup afterward. Men will stare at big asses, small tits, great legs.... Let's face it, that's what men do. Do you ever hear of women getting ass reductions?? I think not.

One person replying to this post was warning you that your boobs will be on the floor when you're older. Did anyone stop to think that there are men who like that look? Don't believe me? There's a usenet group Edit [Moderator]: usenet removed that men frequent.

Be natural and be yourself.

Good luck if you go through with the surgery.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:53 am
Quote:
All you have to do is look at the before and after photos that are available on the web of post-op breast reductions. Big scars with unnatural upward pointing nipples. Take a look at these Frankenstein photos, and ask yourself truthfully which photos are more attractive, the pre-op or the post-op. I just shake my head in disbelief that people would put themselves through this nightmare. Remember there is no going back.

Do you have an agenda? Why do you come to a forum, a newbie, and attempt to scare the hell out of a person who has made a personal decision?

I have had the surgery, so I know. There was little pain, less discomfort, and the scars are negligible. My back thanks me every day for having the surgery.

I am wondering if you are for real!!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 08:59 am
Good luck, flushd. Don't take any notice of the (lost for words) above Pheonix. Unfortunately, there is no entrance test for membership to A2K.

Good luck, and a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

beyourself

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:04 am
Yes, I'm real.
Yep, I'm for real, so please don't be mad at me.

It's just my opinion that if someone has such an initial gut reaction like that, it shouldn't be taken lightly. Right? Why discount this? I didn't see anyone in this thread addressing her first reaction, which begs the question "do you guys have an agenda?"

Did you go kicking and screaming before your first surgery? Maybe you didn't find this procedure as traumatic a life experience as she initially did, but it did scare the hell out of her.

This country is surgery happy, what can I say.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 09:16 am
Your post reminds me of the women who assail a pregnant woman with their personal "horrors" of childbirth. I don't know what sadistic pleasure they derive from it, but IMO, it is disgusting and mean.

I could understand your post if this were a discussion of the pros and cons, but it isn't. flushd has already made her decision.With surgery, there is always a bit of ambivalence, and fear of the unknown. What do you get out of raising a person's anxiety level?
0 Replies