Men and the F-Word?

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:45 am
Sometimes there is no more appropriate word for the moment than ****.
Look how powerfull it looks here. Truely, the words got everything a word could want. Definition builds character. I try not to swear , but occasionally I have great fun in the Chinease Restaurants, When I go in and ask for an order of their Fuking Rice. Then I try some and say this is the Greatest FUKING rice I've ever had.

Notice the eat in Greatest. See, somewords just Hamburger it over others.
Did I just type that?

Help ! wheres the rolling log to log out.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:16 am
I think that sh!t is far more powerful and more acceptable by "proper society".
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:40 am
I totally miss saying it at home. The other day I stubbed my toe and did my usual g-rated grumblings, suddenly realized the sozlet was outside with E.G., and really let fly. SO much more satisfying.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:46 pm
Keeps the blood pressure down too.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:05 pm
goa<

In no conversation is the "c" word ever acceptable. It demeans all of womankind and is never said in humor. Evil or Very Mad

Welcome to A2k.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 11:13 pm
I agree with goa sunset, the c-word can have erotic overtones when used in the appropriate context. It's not always demeaning to women when properly used.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:08 am
Lola<

Please give an example of using the "c" word in proper context. Idea
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:45 am
I am also with Lola.

I think c**t is just a word - it has taken on demeaning overtones, in my view, because of its linkage to women and women's sexuality in a society that has been both patriarchal and highly uncomfortable with sexuality generally and women's sexuality in particular - leading to the old pure angel/sexual whore dichotomy.

To some extent I think these things are being subjected to challenge and are shifting - but still the dirtiest genital to be called is the woman's.

In my circles, we say that, if you are gonna demean someone's genitals by swearing by 'em, demean your own - but I am still almost unable to use c**t as a swear word.

A modern example of the kind of thing I mean re words coming to reflect the prejudices and deep hostilities of a culture is the way in which the word "gay" has been colonized by a homophobic society, so that it is now used by unthinking and un-politicized - or simply homophobic - young people as a pejorative term. I would predict that this will happen to any words espoused by marginalized groups as long as they are marginalized.

However, in an erotic relationship I am perfectly happy to use it and do not find it demeaning at all. The demeaning aspects are in the sociological loading carried by the word - and in its use as a swear word. The word itself is a word for a body part.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:49 am
WH - I cannot illustrate because, in this context, the words would be seen as highly offensive. Within the context of an extremely intimate relationship I do not find them so - I think this mirrors the contextual appropriateness or inappropriateness of actual behaviours.

What is perfectly appropriate in a sexual relationship in privacy is not appropriate in public, nor is its verbal quivalent appropriate on a public board.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:54 pm
Said very well, dlowan. There are times in an intimate, sexual relationship when the word is needed and promotes good communication. Do I need to say more?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:59 pm
I agree with Lola and dlowan inre the word, c--- in that it is just a word and the effect is directly linked to the intent. I don't however think the word is ever 'needed', there are many other synonyms that work just fine
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:02 pm
heeheeeee......
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:05 pm
what the f*ck is going on here! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:09 pm
What's put a burr up your bum, Owl?

I think this is an interesting discussion!

Language is so central to being human.

I was hee heeing at Lola, BTW, Little k, not at you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
What's put a burr up your bum, Owl?

Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:14 pm
evil wimmin Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:17 pm
http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/monsieurboo/diablotin.gif
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:19 pm
That owl has gone weird.....
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:48 pm
I always hated the c word. Just can't stand the sound of it.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:54 pm
i hate that "c" word too. confection, why can't they just say candy dammit! Laughing
0 Replies