Men and the F-Word?

Heeven

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 02:03 pm
C'mon, throw me a frickin' bone man!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:13 pm
I rarely use the "f" word, and when I do it is for emphasis as expressed in previous posts. To say "He's no f----- good feels more intense than "He's a bastard" or "He's atrocious". This does not, I believe get to the crux of the original question. This is an approximate quote that I heard many years ago when I first went into the Air Force. "So I meet this f---broad and we have a few f----drinks, and we get in the f---car, and go to a f--- flick." I have no idea where or why this way of speaking originated any more than I know how the expressions "right?" and ""ya know" started to be so commonly used in teenage conversation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:41 pm
Er..Craven, et al, could it be that the smegging f word is used in smegging English speaking countries more than in non-English speaking countries because it is a smegging English smegging word? Smeg it.

Heehee smartypants

I use the f word far more than I smegging should.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:43 pm
It's a possibility I'm willing to consider.

BTW, It's used more often in the US than any country.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:45 pm
Hmmmmm?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:46 pm
<sorry>

Ya know, the US is home to the ultimate extremists!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:49 pm
Actually lil'k, I was joking again.

I DO think we sue the F word more than any nation, our films are so full of them that foreigners ask if we like the word.

But I have no supporting evidence to my assertion that the US uses the word the most. At least not if the asseryion is fair.

But it is a valid assertion as long we are talking totals.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:52 pm
I think it is, and I'm serious, we take things to the extreme and f--- is an extreme word.

I was apologizing for swearing on the thread - thought it was deleted, there it is on the first page....
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:01 pm
Slappy and I had the exact same morning. Spooky. And farking annoying as all heck. Stooopid snow/ice/rain crap. It's spring fer crying out loud! But I digress....

I use that word. A lot. The boy scolds and says it's not very 'feminine' (pppbbbttthhh). Then he uses the c word while driving then I say "Don't use that farking word!" And so it goes.

Maybe a bad habit, maybe I mean it, maybe I just like it. I've never heard either of my parents say it so it's not a product of a bad home life. I'm not sure, but I sound like a truck driver. I can still live with myself.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:08 pm
Sugar, when I lived up Nawth, I used the f word every morning I stepped outside in the winter. Stooopid snow/ice/rain crap really bought that out of me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:16 pm
Sugar, you awoke this morning in a sea of soggy oreo cookies on the floor with Def Leopard's "Love Bites" blaring on the stereo, too?

That is spooky.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:17 pm
Sugar, my ma used to drop f-bombs all over the place when I was growing up - never once have I ever thought I can from a 'bad home'.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:29 pm
In Guatemala, I once ordered Tsing Tao beer in a proper accent.I almost got beat up by the Guatemehelian barkeep.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:34 pm
Well, Craven - there IS no argument that you Americans do not sue a lot!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:34 pm
hee hee hee hee....
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:01 pm
Slappy<

Soggy Oreo cookies? Please tell all.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:04 pm
Milk makes cookies soggy.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:38 pm
Just so's you all know, I'm laughing at Tsing Tao/chingado.

The rest of this I don't even understand.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:54 pm
so, what's 'chingdao' sound like in spanish?
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:58 pm
A drama professor I once took a course with, told the class that men in groups tend to use the F- word to express male bonding. I've heard women use the F- word, but they weren't in groups.

I agree with Bi-Polar's assessment. The use of the F- word tends to "sum it all up" for men. When women use it, maybe they're trying to be "one of the boys".
0 Replies