What is it with me and married women?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
Hey honey, let's move to Pennsylvania so I can dump ya in a way that makes it easy on me.

Confused
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
If it was not for the children, I would have to agree with Frank and Slappy. However, there are two children in this scene and she has already stated she is not just going to dump them like the hubby. It's fine to be a step-daddy, but also a big commitment to take on an exisiting family. You would have to accept part of the responsiblity of being a "home wrecker" - are you ready for that?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:13 pm
Nope.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:19 pm
so back to the original question

Quote:

errrrmmmmmm - makes it easier not to commit when they're not actually available? doesn't look so bad on you when it doesn't work out?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:22 pm
That's right, Beth......kick him in the balls.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:26 pm
ehBeth wrote:
so back to the original question

Quote:

errrrmmmmmm - makes it easier not to commit when they're not actually available? doesn't look so bad on you when it doesn't work out?

That's a good theory, and I think you are close, but no cigar. I think it's that with women who I know I can't have, I don't feel any pressure to impress them, and therefore I can be myself. And of course, when you're being yourself and not worrying about what others think, that's when you are most confident and attractive. That's what I think. Or maybe it's both.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:29 pm
another question....

if you get the answer you want and she leaves her husband, are you ready to accept the ' ready made' family who is going to hate you because in thier young minds, you broke thier family?

No matter her choice, if you two end up together later on, this will be a big situation to handle....?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:29 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
That's right, Beth......kick him in the balls.

that was just a tickle
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:33 pm
I feel sorry for Kicky and his current problem. I just stood up and paced the room a few times, wringing my hands, my face contorted in mental anquish. "Why Kicky!!" I screamed.

Then I drank a beer and softly sobbed until I was able to pull myself together.

All I can do now is watch helplessly as this drama unfolds.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:33 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
another question....

if you get the answer you want and she leaves her husband, are you ready to accept the ' ready made' family who is going to hate you because in thier young minds, you broke thier family?

No matter her choice, if you two end up together later on, this will be a big situation to handle....?

Great minds think alike. See above for Kicky's answer.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:36 pm
hmm.. we sure do. ;-)
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:56 pm
deleted
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:14 pm
Gross. I hope Kickycan figured this one out: and told the woman to hit the road. Confused

Here's my advice for the day: Men, don't be emotional tampons. That is so unattractive. Laughing

p.s. Gus, will you marry me? Your posts always make me laugh. Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 09:20 pm
I saw this earlier today and posted something when the site was goofy... was gonna say what Kicky said later (self-aware on top of everything else), that his most effective flirtation is with unattainable women. No chance (so he thinks), so nothing to lose, so light and airy and... effective.

That makes sense.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:49 am
Yeppers.

So, what is Kicky's attachment style?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:11 am
dlowan wrote:
Yeppers.

So, what is Kicky's attachment style?

A giant purple rotating ribbed knobbler, worn on the hip like a gunslinger.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 06:11 am
oh! is that what was twisting and squirming in his pocket?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:13 am
Hopefully not!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:52 am
In answer to your question, Dlowan, I found this:

http://psychology.about.com/library/weekly/aa022001d.htm

Quote:
Romantic Love and Attachment Styles

Attachment Style: Avoidant

An estimated 25% of the people in romantic relationships do not feel comfortable being close to their partners. They do not allow themselves to become reliant on their partners and feel nervous when other people get too close to them.

I think that is me to a tee. But the question is, why?

Quote:

Characteristics of this attachment style include:

Less invested in relationships
Show less grief following loss
Prefers to work alone
Withdraws from partner when partner or self is stressed
Do not like self-disclosure by self and others
Unable to remember relationships well
Hostile/hateful when provoked
More likely to be atheist/agnostic; "born again" religious experience during adolescence if mother was not religious
Have death anxiety but tend not to reveal it directly

When observing people with the avoidant attachment style, psychologists have noticed a certain inconsistency across the group. For example, some avoidants have higher self-esteem than others and they are less dependent. Researchers call this type of avoidants the "dismissing avoidants". The other group, the "fearful avoidants", fail to bond with others often due to lack of self-confidence and fear of rejection, but not lack of conscious attachment desire.

Yep, I lack self-confidence and I fear rejection. So how do I fix that?

And what about you? What is your attachment style?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 08:57 am
Understanding the issue is half of the solution. The other half probably involves talking through it with someone who can get you to see what's underneath it all for you - how you came to be the way you are, and help you work towards change, if change is what you want.
0 Replies