What is it with me and married women?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:48 am
Yeah, Kick...

...just leave her alone.

Eventually she will get over the trauma of her marriage breaking up and marry someone else and have more kids.

And someday...when you are laying in your death bed thinking over your life...

...do you think it more likely you will say:

a) Boy, am I glad I never banged ole whats'er name...or...

b) Jeez, I really wish I had banged ole whats'er name?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 04:49 pm
I don't think kicky could handle the emotional baggage--his emotional baggage--that would come with banging ol' what's 'er name.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:18 pm
deleted
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 05:40 pm
deleted
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:55 pm
I'm sure Kicky would regret not "banging her," if that's all he had in mind. Except that it's gone beyond that. It's already about more than sex for him.

Kicky, the question should be:

When you are lying on your deathbed, thinking over your life, do you think it more likely you will say:

a) Boy, am I glad I never got involved in whats-'er-name's marital/family problems...or...

b) Jeez, I really wish I had.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 12:13 am
Stray Cat wrote:
And that's another reason, panzade, why I don't need your crack -- I got my wine!! :wink:

Good, then no harm done :wink:
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 03:52 am
If this chick is up to what I think she's up to--and by kicky's account, this seems to be so--then her husband is safe being none the wiser. She's probably played other men before, never once intending to end her marriage. She's merely bored, not getting enough attention from the hubby, or something along those lines. Her marriage isn't in trouble, and she's most likely experienced in hiding an affair.

I work with some women that do, or have done just that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 04:38 am
Wow! Look how much I miss here in just one week.

Kicky
You have a good head on your shoulders and I respect your outlook on this :-D
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 08:40 am
None of us know much about the husband, except that Kicky knows him somewhat, or what is going on in the marriage, or whether the wife is a person to be sympathetic to re her crisis, with solid reasons for the crisis, or is some kind of user. I've found there to be something of a rush to judgement on this thread, with folks' own experience coloring reactions.
<Not meant as a scolding, I do it too, but interesting.>
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 12:34 pm
deleted
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 08:23 pm
And that's exactly where they find him the next morning...

http://www.filmfocus.nl/images/plaatjes/12160.jpg
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2005 11:24 pm
oss said:

>>None of us know much about the husband, except that Kicky knows him somewhat, or what is going on in the marriage, or whether the wife is a person to be sympathetic to re her crisis, with solid reasons for the crisis, or is some kind of user. I've found there to be something of a rush to judgement on this thread, with folks' own experience coloring reactions.
<Not meant as a scolding, I do it too, but interesting.>>

That's true, oss.

Smile

Seems to happen on most threads though. Seems to happen in life a lot! Laughing

Anyhow; even if this woman is in a genuine crisis, and everything lays out in the nicest possible way......this would seem like a poor hand of cards to bet on. Even just being her friend and trying to help could prove troublesome, if Kicky really does have feelings for her.

It's Kicky's life. He's the one who has to deal with the concequences.

So; good luck Kicky!

Razz
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 01:29 am
Wait...hold on.
Back the truck up. I've known the kickster long enough to know that's not just an avatar up there. That's the hard-boiled dick with a golden heart. Phillip Marlowe and the Thin Man.
Sure he's tempted...but in the end he'll do what's right...smoke wafting up over half shut eyes...he'll lean in close..

and throw her a BANG!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:47 am
*clears throat* I'm with those that say that kicky should have an affair with the woman. Kicky, prepare a door of escape in case things don't work out. Don't end up with nothing to fall back on. What I mean is have your own place before you start playing with married women. I'm sure you don't really want to end up in the cold or homeless. And, take care of yourself (protection). None of you need another baby at this time. My
2 Cents
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 04:51 am
*bats eyelashes*

Angel, you're so cute
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 05:13 am
LOL *winks*
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 07:08 am
Kicky,

I for one think you are doing the right and noble thing.

Just my 2 cents.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 08:26 am
dlowan wrote:
A great and fabulous introduction is Karen's "Becoming Attached", a very readable book.

If you look that title up on Amazon you get an interesting juxtaposition of results...

1. Becoming Attached: First Relationships and How They Shape Our Capacity to Love
by Robert Karen Ph.D.

2. Becoming a Tiger : How Baby Animals Learn to Live in the Wild
by Susan McCarthy

3. Becoming Psychic: Spiritual Lessons For Focusing Your Hidden Abilities
by Stephen Kierulff, Stanley Krippner
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 08:40 am
Anyone who'd get riled up over this obviously hasn't been around long enough to know Kicky.

Rolling Eyes

We all know he's just a big romantic at heart and won't f*ck up this poor guys life (husband). He'd wait to let him do that on his own then reap the benefits (wife). :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 08:51 am
I'm not always against affairs. Have posted various times that I had an affair years ago that I am still not the least bit sorry about and which I don't care to explain. I usually post against them though, for reasons having to do with the usual good sense of not interfering with the life of a marriage and the wisdom of not getting hung up on a can't have situation (which most turn out to be no matter how it may seem) as they are self sustaining of the infatuation phase.

But most here are talking not about an affair but a simple bang. I think simple bangs are when neither person is really fond, but that isn't the case here.

A one time exploration of how fond you really are of each other? I can see that easily, since I do believe in fondness, even love, and life is short.

But, not when she's in a decisionmaking crisis and you do care about her (and even him to some extent).

Once she has decided to leave and made big steps in that direction, I'll change my tune - still a hard time to start a relationship, but not interfering in lives.

Which brings me back to what to say, Kicky. Eh, just figure out what you think, and say it.
0 Replies