New Orleans: The Worst is Not Over : (

snood

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:07 pm
Reyn wrote:
spendius wrote:
....The abstract talk that goes on here merely serves to provide a get out clause for the complicity of the citizen and for his/her absolution and line up a scapegoat.

I'm not sure you're aware of this, or you intended to be taken seriously, but do you realize that you're coming off to your fellow A2K'ers as rather a bit of a snot? Snide comments, like the quoted ones, do nothing but inflame others. Very unconstructive, sir.

I agree it's unconstructive Reyn - but I doubt that will dissuade anyone from being a "snot"... and spendius isn't the only one.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:14 pm
Reyn wrote:
spendius wrote:
....The abstract talk that goes on here merely serves to provide a get out clause for the complicity of the citizen and for his/her absolution and line up a scapegoat.

I'm not sure you're aware of this, or you intended to be taken seriously, but do you realize that you're coming off to your fellow A2K'ers as rather a bit of a snot? Snide comments, like the quoted ones, do nothing but inflame others. Very unconstructive, sir.

Spendius is the snot? Shocked
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:25 pm
This is said to be the type of levee that broke..

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/m/mudkow60/410.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:38 pm
Wow! Water up to the roof edge. What a horrible mess! Sad
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:44 pm
That is why, i believe, that they think they are going to find many dead in attics.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 04:50 pm
The Bush administration, including Homeland Security and Fema have much to answer for. Their indifference to true leadership and their true agenda of using government to fill chronies' pockets are starkly apparent. Sean Hennedy is applauding their performance, revealing his own ideological agenda and indifference to America's reality and welfare as well.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:22 pm
Lash gushed-
Quote:
Reyn wrote:
spendius wrote:

Spendius is the snot?

Sure I am.That's what I would expect from people in denial.No answers.Just a pulling out of the tongue.

The corporations and their shareholders and their employees will provide you with any safety measures you will agree to pay for but you prefer to get the two cents off with stuff coming from other places and to compete with that the corporations in the gulf have to do what they do.If they had taken all the extra measures that,with hindsight,you now deem wise you would have bought your stuff elsewhere and not only would jobs have been exported but much else as well.

Can you not answer the point.Why do you think a cheap insult answers the point.It simply makes you look stupid.Just like you get the TV which is most popular so also you get the flood defences which are most popular.The cheap ones and the ones that allow your self indulgence the widest scope.

It isn't me who inflames others it is the facts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:26 pm
You have no point. "The corporations" you seem to refer to are not an agency of government. However, the United States Army Corps of Engineers is an agency of government, and it is the agency which has been responsible for public works concerned with the navigation of the Mississippi River for more than 180 years. The corporations are not being called to task for having failed to protect people. That's not their job. It is the job of the Corps, and they get their money by appropriation from Congress.

You are truly clueless.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
That is why, i believe, that they think they are going to find many dead in attics.

This is my thought as well :-(
0 Replies