Cute Men Vs. Ugly Ones

Amigo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 08:34 pm
They look young and gay to me.(sorry for delete, ehbeth)
0 Replies

LoveMyFamily

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:52 pm
Usually, staring can be pretty uncomfortable whether coming from hot guys or ugly ones. But it depends on how the person is checking you out. I have figured some people are good in doing it, it makes me feel complimented. Some people are just bad.. it's not their game and they should not even try it.

Ok, I used to take the same bus every day in Dallas, on my way to school. And the driver not a cute fella, used to check me out. He would not stare or make it uncomfortable for me. One day.. when I was getting down, he said " You know you have a very pretty face" I am like "WOW!!" . that made me feel complimented and from then onwards whenever he smiled, when I boarded the bus.. i felt the complimented.. but never uncomfortable.

Another incident.. at work.. there is this very handsome guy.. he checks me out all the time. He for some reason always has to walk past my cubicle and just stares. He just stares. He makes it so uncomfortable for me. But guess what.. he is gay. Still does not make it any less uncomfortable for me.

How come no one found Richard Gere hot, handsome and cute? Or am I just a weirdo? Smile
0 Replies

Gia

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:02 pm
Mad Ugh. I'm so over the *hotties* Bad for my sobriety. Drunk
*ugly* guys Not Equal not *ugly* ..... & sadlyfrustratinglymaddeningly not interested in Gia.

Crying or Very sad

Those *ugly* guys are the real deal Babeliciousness. Meet 'em every day & it's secret mad love @ 1st sight obsesso infatuation for Yours Truly. Of course, they're usually betrothed & adoring over some Fine Ms. Thang who has already burned through major vanity & arrogant beeyatchiness karma--which I know a thing or two about. I aspire to be Fine Ms. Thang one day since Intelligence, Kindness, Humor, Integrity and Not Competing w/ your Woman for Mirror Space is the new sexy. Well, at least in my book. I do apologise for making sweeping generalizations about the Cute Boys since I admit that I alone am biased and bitter and am being a total Hater.

& For the record, a bit OT (further apologies) I am also O-V-E-R musicians. The Cute, The Bad & The Ugly. My therapist reminded me of that today. For the 108th time in the past 5 years.
0 Replies

Gia

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 10:12 pm
...Live in the NYC. Staring by the entire male species on this island is a commonly accepted ritual. One that needs to DIE. I love & adore & worship the pavement that gay guys stomp on. They are my bestest girlfriends & most fabulously To-Die-For-Boyfriends. A girl can dream. I also have hot girlfriends who are smart, witty, gorgeous, mad talented and compasssionate yoginis and who are all soloists. What gives? I wish I was a lesbian, because they're frikkin' hot.

& finally. I *heart* Richard Gere. I blow-off all the slander&rumors. 'Loved him in Am.Gigolo, Purdy Woman, that tango movie with J-Lo. He's got the most kindest eyes and he's buds with the Dalai Lama. I agree~One Bee-yoo-tee-full Man. Totally.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 04:49 am
Nothing wrong with being superficial about looks, men do it all the time Very Happy

Now my love told me I was "jolie-laide" . Hah thinks I!

"No dear", she told me, "that doesn't mean what you think it means". Very Happy
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:39 am
shewolfnm wrote:
get to your books woman...
Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing i did i swear!!! 2.5 full hours of studying...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:45 am
iknow wrote:
in bella's case i guess she's superficial and only cares if the guy is hot or ugly, nothing about his personailty she is interested in.

Whatever. You have no point so you feel like you have to try and make some "smart" remark regarding my person. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:46 am
dragon49 wrote:
Stray Cat wrote:
Nobody here is superficial...now, as I was saying....that Andy Garcia is hot!!

isn't he like 5'6" though? although that is good titty tickler height...

Shocked

Laughing You never cease to make me smile dragon!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 07:49 am
iknow wrote:
dragon49 wrote:
iknow wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
iknow wrote:
. in bella's case i guess she's superficial and only cares if the guy is hot or ugly, nothing about his personailty she is interested in.

and statements like that about women you dont know is what keeps you
in an unfocused state so they dont slap you...

how isn't she? she opened up the thread with. i only like cute guys looking at me. you can't really get a more superficial statemetn.

to say she is superficial because of one statement is ridiculous. if you had read half her posts on here, you would know she isn't. plus who doesn't get excited when a person you find attractive, finds you attractive. it makes people feel good. it's not like she said, "hey why marry some guy if he is butt ugly but is really nice...it would suck."

it was her comment that ONLY attractive guys she likes. i mean if she said, and the occasion one who has similar interestes/personality as me i wouldnt't have said it but it was the only that triggered me.

Well, you are wrong because even if you were the hottest guy ever created by God, I'd still think you were an idiot.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:10 am
Diane wrote:
Oh this is a fun thread. When I was young, looks meant more to me, but, as early as my late twenties, looks became a very secondary thing.

Two years ago, at age sixty, I met Dyslexia. It was as if I had lost my usual reticence and just knew that I wanted that man in any way I could have him. And yes, the blood still runs hot when you're sixty!!

He wouldn't be considered handsome, but he sure is cute. But what first attracted me, before I ever set eyes on him, was his writing on a2k. His philosophy, sensitivity, ironic, intelligent sense of humor and lack of pretense. I left a thirty four year marriage to be with him and, two years later, I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. I never knew love could be like this.

When you get beyond looks, there is so much territory that can be incredibly beautiful, and so interesting that it will take a lifetime to explore.

And even though he has a bony ass, he has the cutest litte cheeks. Embarrassed

Wow Diane! I had no idea that you and Dys met via A2K! A real life romance. Woohooo! For some reason I assumed you two were together much longer than 2 years.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
aesthetics are part of our nature we can't escape. To acknowledge it is not necesarily superficial, its conscientious. When it comes to aethetics where all superficial. We can't help it. This bothers a conscientious person.(one of these days i'll learn to spell)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:19 am
BBB
bm
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:19 am
Green Witch wrote:
I must be getting old. Some of those men in the posted photos look like children to me.

I agree with Diane that as you mature you get over the obvious physical thing and start concentrating on the chemistry and the interior workings of a possible partner.

I agree with you both Green Witch and eBeth.....

Except for Andy Garcia, all of those pictures look like boys to me.

Then again, by the time I was in my late 20's I got to where I didn't consider any man attractive until he was over 40.

The looks in the eyes of the guys in the pictures mostly made me want to laugh.....like "oh baby, look how sexy I am, I know you want me"
In other words, it's about them.

I'm thinking "uh, no actually I don't, and BTW I could teach YOU a thing or two about being sexy, so wipe that dopey look off your face, you're dealing with the big leagues now".

Gabriel Byrne
Al Pacino
Samuel L Jackson
Vincent Gallo

The looks in the eyes of men like them say "You're desireable, you're sexy, I'm admiring how incredibly beautiful You are"
In other words, it's about you.

Ummmmm, yes
Tell me how much you want ME, don't tell me how much I want YOU.
then we're getting somewhere.

Plus, most of those young guys in the pictures have little wimpy noses.

A prominent nose on both men and women is VERY sexy, and intelligent looking.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 08:32 am
agreed on all counts...nice post Chai
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2005 10:32 am
Talk about smoooooooooth......... following is from a scene from "The Aviator" that made me want to stand up in the theatre and call out

"All you men out there! I hope you were all paying attention"!!!!

Meyer: I'm sorry. Thelma, this is Howard Hughes. Howard and I were just discussing how he wants me to pull a camera out of my ass.
Thelma: Cigarette?
Hughes: Oh no, thanks. I don't smoke. [stares at her] Whew, boy, you are just hitting on all six cylinders, aren't you? My God. Would you do me a favor and just, would you just smile for me one time? Just one. [She smiles.] Yeah, yeah, you see you got a short upper lip. Makes for a much nicer smile.

Hughes: See, I wonder what gives a beautiful woman like you pleasure. You see, just standing there right and I touch you just like this, with my fingertips. Do you, do you like that? Do you? [Hughes speaks in a low voice, almost whispering.] See, I want to learn what pleases you. I want to learn everything about you. Would you let me do that? Would you give me that job?
Thelma: [awestruck] Uhhhhh, I'm off in a half an hour.
Hughes: Well, I'm in room…
Meyer: 217.
Hughes: …217. See you there.

Man, I'd be knocking people over to get up to that room, and it wouldn't much matter if he had a glass eye and a wooden leg!
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:11 pm
i'm not reading 10+ pages. But here's my take as a male.

this kind of thing really gets on my nerves. I'm not ugly so it's not a personal thing where I hold a grudge.(Iknow this sounds a little stuck up).

I've worked many jobs where girls will take alot of questionable attention from good looking guys in the workplace. They'll flirt and laugh. I've ive seen this firshand many times where an ugly guy does the same exact thing to a girl and she'll call it sexual harasment.

It get's on my nerves because i know a lot of good hearted people who don't have any confidence. they don't just get rejected, they get accused of doing something wrong just for trying.

You women may call it a natural instict to feel a certain way, but you can control how it comes out in your personality. Us guys have the instinct to screw everywomen we see, but we would all agree that this is a bad excuse for cheating.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:09 pm
mmmmm, Yes, interesting Tenoch.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 06:34 am
Interesting thread:)

It's true that I would rather have a 'hot' guy check me out, than an ugly guy.
I agree that it isn't so much the looks that come into play though; rather it is whether they are nice about it or creepy. If the guy makes me uncomfortable, whether hot or not, my method is to give lip. It's just a defence mechanism. If he looks like a freak, and he is acting creepy, well he's really in my bad books. Superficial maybe, but 'blame it on my youth'. lol

Tenoch, I was just having a conversation along the same lines as your post w/ my brother the other day. He manages a restaurant, and has seen a lot of that. Some girls even complain about sexual harassment when they don't want the attention of certain 'ugly' or 'awkward' guys.
What can I say, except "that sucks!". That's a really poor way of dealing with unwanted attention, if the allegations are false. It's just wrong to do that to a person.

There's a flip side though. As a woman, I could sure find a lot of things to complain about concerning men and superficiality. Certain women getting away with things because they are 'hot'; while 'ugly' girls are given the invisibility treatment or worse (taunting, abuse).

Being good-looking can sure make certain things easier in life: for men and women. That's just the way it is.

The older I get, the less it is about just physical features. Sometimes, someone is just a nice piece of eye candy: but that doesn't mean I'm gonna treat em differently. I may: but I guess that's part of growing up. You learn to go beyond the surface of things.

p.s. Andy Garcia is hot. Partly, it's his beautiful bone structure. The rest is his presence and 'aura'.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 12:56 pm
I have found that the difference isn't so much whether the guy is homely or not, it's if he seems so awkward and weird about his interest in me that it becomes uncomfortable.

As far as feeling harassed when it's an unattractive guy but not when it's a good looking guy, perhaps it's more that the homelier guys tend to make more awkward advances. I know it's been this way in my experience.

I do find myself more likely to be uncomfortable if an unattractive guy is coming on to me, but that's because they have frequently been so bad at flirting/casual chatting up! Sorry, but it's true Embarrassed I don't care at all if someone is not classically handsome; lots of guys I think are handsome, others think are unattractive. The first guy I dated was not everyone's cup of tea, but he was so nice and showed his interest in me in such a comfortable, appealing way that he seemed a lot more handsome than he might have otherwise.

It's all about the approach, for both men and women: seem confident and comfortable, and you seem more attractive, no matter whether you're the classic picture of beauty or not. Unfortunately, I think less physically appealing guys tend to have a more uncomfortable approach to women they're interested in.
0 Replies

happyfeet

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:50 pm
i love the ladies...but i think this whole thread is proof positive that women are ALOT more shallow then men. Men get the bad rap for being only into how a woman looks...while women get a total pass. In reality, women are so much more picky. They have such high standards its ridiculous. A man will be attracted to a woman who isn't "model" beautiful. She could just have one feature, and men will pay attention to her. In fact, most women will be attractive to men. Men aren't picky at all. So most women will get attention from a man. Women know they have this power. Even average looking women wield it...and use it. They are repulsed by average men and only want the "HOT" guy. And "HOT" means super goodlooking...with a male model face. Men aren't as picky at all. Not only that...but women also care about what kind of job a man has, what kind of car he drives, his status, how much money he has...AND she can change her heart in a blink of an eye. Women drop guys for the stupidest reasons. Men get the bad rap for being dogs, but the opposite is true. The few guys that are dogs and treat women like crap, are the ones the women go for...because they are...yup...you guessed it..."HOT".
Meanwhile most men will be attracted to even women with average faces, and treat them with attention as if they were HOT. Men don't care what car a woman drives, what job she has, or anything else. Men just love women, and are therefore much less shallow. A woman's heart is so fickle. She wants her man to be "perfect"...and when hes not...she dumps him.
I think women abuse their "power" because they know inside, that they have a very short window of time to use that power...before they get older and men will become immune to their charms.
I'm not saying all women...but judging from this board...ALOT.
I just think its so wrong how guys get the bad rap...when women are so much more shallow.
0 Replies