gezzy

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 02:31 am
Politics takes advantage of everyone!!!
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 02:42 am
LOGIC
satt_focusable wrote:
But Saddam Hussein must have been expecting the mass movement in the U.S., Europe and other in the world in his merit.

To be quite frank, I was expecting mass demonstrations in my merit as well.
By your own logic, applied elsewhere, I am to blame for these demonstrations and thus the citizens on the streets are acting on my behalf, for my own devious purposes.

I confess. You may punish me now ... by making me listen to more free speech. And terrifying me with billboards and commercials!
Good Lord, think about the lives we live in America!

I feel absolutely no threat from Saddam Hussein, despite all the reading I have done. Yet, for more than three decades I have felt squashed, coerced, spied on, lied to, greatly threatened, and outright robbed by a very real and substantial terrorist ... the American government. I cannot even drive my car down the road without constantly looking over my shoulder!

Subtle, isn't it? How one little encroachment builds on another, until we are living such a police state that hard-working, law-abiding citizens fear for their own well being... from their own government. I don't know any Mafia in the world that takes over 60% of my hard-earned work, in return for what they eagerly hype as "protection" from "terrorists".

I've been robbed three times. I will never, ever, report it to the police because I don't want their damn protection. That's my responsibility. Don't even refund my taxes or subsidize my life ... once the government has touched it, it's tainted blood money and I don't want a penny of it back. Just get those terrorists in Washington out of my life. Please!

Saddam's not the biggest shark in the sea you know. Not by a long shot.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 05:37 am
CodeBorg..
Quote:
You may punish me now

I won't punish any other person.

Mass movements are some components of the situation. If you are in a movement you are engaged in making a situation. Individuals are free to be in the situation. And the situation often moves to a direction unconceived by the individuals who took a part in creating it.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 05:46 am
Let one thing be clear
Saddam is a monster, but he wasn't created by peace protesters. He was made by the Western Governments. It is intellectual unfair to say those protesters made Saddam stronger or to say those protesters support Saddam!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 05:53 am
frolic..
Keep being logical. I did not say as if peace protesters created Saddam Hussein. I said he must have been expecting the anti-war protesters.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:30 am
n there way these demonstrators are giving aid and comfort to the enemy in that they
<Strengthen the resolve of Saddam by giving him hope that faced with public pressure the resolve to continue will be weakened and the US will pullout.>
<Eventually this will if it hasn't already reach our fighting forces and have a devastating impact upon their morale.>
Regardless of why we are there the fact is we are and we must support our men and women and not denigrate their efforts.
This BS of saying I support you {armed forces } but not what you are putting your lives on the line for does not cut it. It's demoralizing.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:55 am
au1929 wrote:
n there way these demonstrators are giving aid and comfort to the enemy in that they
<Strengthen the resolve of Saddam by giving him hope that faced with public pressure the resolve to continue will be weakened and the US will pullout.>
<Eventually this will if it hasn't already reach our fighting forces and have a devastating impact upon their morale.>
Regardless of why we are there the fact is we are and we must support our men and women and not denigrate their efforts.
This BS of saying I support you {armed forces } but not what you are putting your lives on the line for does not cut it. It's demoralizing.

What would you have those who disagree with our being there do? Would you have them keep silence until assured by you and other "good Americans" that its now alright to speak again?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:18 am
Snood
Do I have to spell it out for you?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:52 am
"Saddam is a monster, but he wasn't created by peace protesters. He was made by the Western Governments."

Exactly.

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

No, but you might consider the meaning and long-term consequences of restricting others' freedom of movement and expression.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:25 am
Tartarin
I agree Saddam is in part a product of the West. I however, believe he or someone in his image would have arisen with or without the west's help. It is the nature of the beast. I fail however to see what that has to do with anti war protests and protesters which is the subject of this thread.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:26 am
I think the argument about who created Saddam is nonproductive. The US and Brits are now moving towards Baghdad to remove him. The real question is what happens after Saddam? IMHO c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:32 am
c.i
Were it up to the protestors we would be turning tail and running. There would be no after Saddam
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:42 am
au

I don't know that much about US protesters. But here in Europe, we are protesting against the war.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:54 am
The real question is what happens after Saddam?

Well, they just may head over and bully Canada some more. Ambassador Paul Cellucci has already threatened Canada for our lack of involvement in this war. The big bully strikes again by standing in the school yard saying "If you don't come and be a bully with me, then you'll be sorry"! Have any of you seen what Paul Cellucci had to say to Canada, or is that just one more thing the US government won't let the media show? Well, I stand behind our Prime minister in saying "Canada is an independent country that stands for peace"!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:57 am
Walter
How many of your troops are engaged?
That should solve your dilemma. IMO antiwar protests before hostilities although futile [the administration wasn't listening] were in order. Once our troops were in engaged IMO [which is not a popular one with people on a2k] are out of order.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:05 am
au

I'm sure, you just posted a rhetorical question.

However, following your logic, we should accept all when it started.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:06 am
Walter, This president and administration didn't listen to war protestors before the war, and they're not going to listen to war protestors during the war. IMHO, it's a feely good thing for the people who are protesting this war, but it's as effective as water on a frog. c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:06 am
gezzy

The real question is what happens after Saddam?

Not to worry Bush and his evil empire will be gone and the US and Canada can return to their normal Rolling Eyes love/hate Evil or Very Mad relationship.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:08 am
au
How can you be so sure?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:09 am
i might possbly intimate that the protesters DURING the viet nam escapade are directly responsible for ending that debacle.
0 Replies