What I Think About Abortion

Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:06 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I emphasized the word "offer" because it's only an offer.

2. The option to refuse or reject the offer remains fully intact.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:11 pm
@Real Music,
Your offer isn't an offer. It's a psychological reminder that women need guidance even AFTER making the decision, making the appointment, showing up at the appointment and signing on the dotted line.

It's not an offer, it's coercion.
Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:21 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I would not be opposed to counseling

2. But, I would definitely be opposed to coercion.

3. I think you can have counseling without coercion.

4. If the counseling turns out to be coercion, I would then be completely opposed to that particular counseling.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:29 pm
@Real Music,
You go into the Men's Warehouse, looking for a navy blue, pin stripe suit, size 32x32. Average.

Now, someone comes up to you, says, you need counseling to re-think your decision, that navy blue can be wrong, this is what's going to happen to you if you choose navy blue.

Pin stripes can have a life-long effect, and your size can fluctuate throughout your life.

Maybe you need more time and counseling on how this affects your life.

A 24-hour period is needed, documentary evidence and photos and videos are now what you need in order to purchase your suit.

Now tell me if YOU'RE willing to say, yeah, ok, give me that counseling.
Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:41 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I was addressing an issue that Mame had articulated.
2. I feel that the issue she raised is indeed a valid point.
3. My response was to find a possible solution of addressing that specific issue.
4. Do you have any ideas of your own on dealing with the issue Mame had raised?
5. Do you or do you not believe that this is a real issue for some women who have had an abortion?
6. Below, is what I was referring to.

Mame wrote:
Some women are bothered for years after having an abortion. A friend of mine over 40 years ago made that very tough decision and I know she didn't make it lightly. I think some women do feel very strongly that it's a human being and the guilt often haunts them.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:50 pm
@Real Music,
Of course I have thoughts and feelings what Mame said.

But anecdotal evidence of what happened to some friend forty years again isn't an opinion that I think is valid.

Of course some women feel guilt or remorse, Then again some do NOT. Yet, we are again left with the same situation that women must be contrite, apologetic and remorseful for that decision.

No.

Just no.
Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:51 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I never claim to have the right answers to such a complicated topic.

2. But, I am listening to everything that you have to say.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 10:54 pm
@neptuneblue,
1. I hear you.

2. I respect your thoughts and your opinion.
neptuneblue

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 11:00 pm
@Real Music,
Yeah, well...

I don't need your respect. It wasn't solicited nor warranted. What I do need is the ability to live my life without legislation to do and be, who I am.

On this thread, it seems too much to view.
Real Music

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 11:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
Okay
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2021 11:58 pm
While trying to have children I had three miscarriages, 2 when I knew I was expecting and one that happened before I knew I was pregnant. I have given birth successfully and a number of times results were very disappointing. I don't speak for all women, but I have a difficult time accepting the idea that my health care or my daughter or grand daughter can be legislated over other peoples personal preference. No one is suggesting women be forced to have an abortion, but I think we all need to mind our own business and leave women alone to decide their future endeavors unimpeded.

I have one doctor who likes to argue over the 'terminology' regarding abortion. What she thinks it should be called is 'baby murder or baby homicide'. My opinion about the terminology is that both 'pro' and 'con' use words to ratchet up the emotion, and that gets nothing done except raise conversation into a frenzy. My miscarriage wasn't called an unfortunate termination, no death certificate was issued, they tell you to go home and relax.

If I HAD EVER wanted to have an abortion, I would like to think it would be between me and my doctor, not my neighbors and co-workers. I don't think anyone dreams of eventually having an abortion, it's not a process anyone enjoys, but it must be available to women who have decided they need the procedure.

0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 01:26 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

hightor wrote:

Quote:
You’re really not being very honest here.

I'm endeavoring to answer as honestly as I can. You evidently don't agree with me but that doesn't mean I'm dishonest.

I agree, and will add that these accusations of being dishonest are both tiresome and not at all productive.

If you are tired, maybe you should rest. You would probably have more energy if you didn’t cheerlead and heckle as a third party in discussion you weren’t even involved in.
******* buster.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 01:29 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

I (offer) the co-ersion is unacceptable.

Again, what you are offering is that fickle women don't know what they want, can't be trusted to make their own decisions and their choice can be swayed by office personnel designed to make them feel guilty for deciding their own health.

That's bullshit.

I think some women would welcome the offer of a disinterested professional person to talk to, before making a decision
such as this.
Real Music

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 02:26 am
@snood,
Quote:
I think some women would welcome the offer of a disinterested professional person to talk to, before making a decision such as this.

1. That is my thinking as well.
2. But, any form of coercion must not be permitted.
3. Also, I believe that no woman should ever be required to be counseled.
4. But, I do think that the offer might be welcomed by some women.
5. I don't see any harm in extending that offer.
6. I am not saying that men's opinion on abortion rights should be discounted or dismissed.
7. But, I am saying that women's opinion on abortion rights should carry more weight.
8. The reason I believe that is because it is their body.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 03:06 am
@snood,
Quote:
The fact that ending a pregnancy sometimes means ending a viable human life is something that is supposed to at least cause someone a moment of pause.

The fact that ending any pregnancy sometimes means ending a “POTENTIAL’ viable human life, is something that is supposed to at least cause someone a moment of pause. And I believe that to many, the decision to terminate a pregnancy, is a serious and painful one, a decision that the majority of people hope that they are never forced to make.

Quote:
But I would really like to hear in conversation a pro-choice person acknowledge that this choice sometimes involves killing a real live human being.

A real live human being is a “POTENTIAL” Child of God, but an unborn foetus is not a real live human being, and to all those Christian Families, who were forced, for some reason or other, to make the painful decision to terminate a pregnancy, and have been accused by the pro-lifers as being murderers, let me assure you that the God of the Christian scriptures, does not classify an unborn foetus as ‘A HUMAN BEING’.

Good News Bible, Catholic Study Edition, Exodus 21: 22-25; “If some men are fighting and hurt a pregnant woman so that she loses her child, (THE UNBORN FOETUS) but she (A LIVE HUMAN BEING) is not injured in any other way, the one who hurt her is to be fined whatever amount the woman's husband demands, subject to the approval of the judges. (For the loss of his 'POTENTIAL' human child.

But if the woman herself is injured, the punishment shall be life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

Flesh and blood cannot and does not inherit the promised everlasting kingdom, unlike the pro-lifers, who are more interested in the meat rather than the mind, it is only the invisible mind/spirit that develops within the physical womb, which is the potential child of the GREAT ever EVOLVING “THOUGHT” and an independent mind cannot begin to develop until the foetus is born and takes its first breath of life, any information taken into the forming brain of the unborn foetus is shared information with the mother body.

The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and pre-human has been gathered in its evolution to become ‘WHO YOU ARE’, and that gathering of parental spirits, which is the evolving ‘SON OF MAN,’ dwells behind the veil of the flesh to the inner most sanctuary of its temporary earthly tabernacle or tent, which is your physical body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of incorruptible Light. [THE SON OF MAN] who stands on the highest and final rung of the ladder of evolution in this period of universal activity.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and “YOU” who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality or “CONTROLLING GODHEAD” to that body, which godhead, a potential addition to the “GREAT THOUGHT” should be an obedient servant to “WHO YOU ARE.
snood

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 03:20 am
@The Anointed,
I sincerely regret you dredging religiosity into this thread.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 05:42 am
@snood,
Quote:
I sincerely regret you dredging religiosity into this thread.

And you are entitled to regret whatsoever you choose the regret, but the truth, gives comfort to those, whose reason for terminating a developing foetus, were deemed in their eyes and the eyes of their God, to be necessary, but who are accused as murderers and spat upon by the fanatic pro-lifers of this world.

And I have no regrets in revealing the truth, that the flesh, must return to the elements from which it was formed, while the mind that begins to develop after birth, when the living human body begins to develop an invisible mind that is the godhead and controller of that body, and is the potential child of the 'GREAT EVER EVOLVING THOUGHT', which is the essential reality of the universe, the divine and eternal invisible spirit from which all being originated and to which, all being must return at the close of each generation of the universe.

Sleep well kido.
snood

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 06:15 am
@The Anointed,
I doubt anyone will argue with you on this thread. Or engage you at all. Which ought to tell you something. But it won't.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 06:32 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I think some women would welcome the offer of a disinterested professional person to talk to, before making a decision
such as this.

I've already explained how highly inappropriate this is. You choose to disregard a sound opinion as if a woman walking through the door of an abortion clinic doesn't know why she's there. Paperwork must be filled out, medical procedures explained, options are already given. A "disinterested professional" knows this.

It seems to me, even though you "say" you believe it is a woman's right to choose, that's not exactly what you've been implying. What you're actually advocating is that a woman must ask for permission over and over again to decide what's right for her.

So, yeah, I'm calling you out on that.
snood

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2021 07:07 am
@neptuneblue,
I’m not implying anything of the sort. Everything I say is just the opinions of a man who knows his opinions have no significance compared to a woman’s right to choose what happens to her body. I don’t need your permission to have an opinion. I find your tone almost pathological in it’s defensiveness and accusations.