Straight A's beget double D's.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:18 am
clever Cool
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:23 am
Decorating one's body has been around for 1000's of years, for both males and females.

I'm not saying some people might use it with misguided intentions, however, I think most women use makeup to appear more attractive, period, regardless of who will be seeing them.

Men buy sports cars when having a mid life crisis, women buy a new lipstick.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 10:34 am
The spectrum goes from older women (Atkins' intention)
to children now. Wink

But panzade made a good point, as I am faced with this
problem right now: my 9 year old daughter has a barbie
make up kit, she got as a present Evil or Very Mad

The last birthday party she went to, they partied at a beauty parlor where their nails were done, their hair and their
make-up. What was the birthday girl's mother thinking?

Luckily, my litte one is more of a tomboy than a "girly-girl" (as she calls it) and I hope she will stay that way for
quite some time....
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 12:54 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
The spectrum goes from older women (Atkins' intention)
to children now. Wink

But panzade made a good point, as I am faced with this
problem right now: my 9 year old daughter has a barbie
make up kit, she got as a present Evil or Very Mad

The last birthday party she went to, they partied at a beauty parlor where their nails were done, their hair and their
make-up. What was the birthday girl's mother thinking?

Luckily, my litte one is more of a tomboy than a "girly-girl" (as she calls it) and I hope she will stay that way for
quite some time....

Shocked does the mum look like a Barbie? I hate to see children dressed in a tarty way and wearing make up or high heels
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 01:08 pm
Again, I tend to think similarly as panzade. I have a friend who quit wearing makeup when her young (now grown) daughter asked her why she did it. She couldn't think of a good answer.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 03:18 pm
i remember when i started using makeup...it had nothing to do with males. i liked experimenting and i liked the way i looked for myself... yes yes, culture shaped by misogynist males.... i get it all. but i still LIKE using makeup and i don't give a drat what males think of it. most like it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:20 pm
I for one, enjoy Dag's makeup exploits. Who else can get away with green eyeshadow these days?

Now everyone has gotten me thinking about makeup. I want to play with it again. Maybe I'll put some on before I take a shower <grin>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:25 pm
i think you would look good in soft golds and browns
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:26 pm
the best 'makeup' is the aftersex glow,
noone can compete with that flush..
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:28 pm
me?

Brown is good, anything approaching yellow scares me. I tend to use light blue-grey and light warm brown on my eyes. I lighten the brow and lash line with a warm white. Dag says I should go more towards orange on my lips, but I shy from that, too. Sigh.

Why is it that no one fits nicely into one color-range or another. I have traits of spring and fall, I think.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:34 pm
the gold colors im thinking of are more of a bronze, brown-yellow type.
not funky golds..

you just strike me as a good yellow-based color pallette
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:37 pm
hmmmmm.... really?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 04:45 pm
I've just been looking at pictures. For a while I thought berry pinks and reds were one of my best colors. It isn't. Blues and greens remain my best colors. ANyway, all this is to point out why I don't wear makeup - I don't know how to color myself. When I do wear it, I tend to wear my natural colors - I match my makeup to my skin tones.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2005 08:08 pm
Laughing Funny how this is becoming a place to trade make-up tricks and tips.

Panzade, I'm with you. I feel 'weird' with make-up on. Sometimes I'll wear it: if it fits the occasion. Mostly, it doesn't fit into my lifestyle well.

And I've noticed a big difference in how i'm treated when I wear a lot of it.
Scummier guys tend to pay more attention to me. That's just my experience.
I don't like dealing with those fools.

I LIKE presenting my face bare; blotchy spots and all. What you see is what you get. Make up is all about illusion.

There really is nothing 'wrong' with wearing make-up if you want to.
There is also nothing 'wrong' with believing you look fine exactly the way you are.

Just nobody tell me I 'need' make-up Twisted Evil
That's just a weird way of thinking to me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 02:12 am
I didn't mean to imply that you ladies are slaves to make up, just that i see a problem with how some women are driven to barbaric contortions in order to fit the ideal presented by Madison Avenue and the designer houses.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:36 pm
Well, I work in public relations, so it's all about packaging anyway.

I don't feel at all professional without makeup. I don't know any women in my field that go without it. It'd be like showing up for a business meeting in cutoffs and a t-shirt.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:40 pm
I admit to wearing lipstick and combing my hair before a project meeting that involves clients' presence.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 06:46 pm
I remember one of the project architects at the first firm I trained at wearing 3"(+) heels to a site meeting - looking back, that must have been a post installation visit with a lot of concrete hardscape in the project to walk on or she would have looked the fool.

Some younger women do dress up for site visits, almost as an inyourface presentation. I didn't, at not to the extent of heels. But I do remember when I was in pre-med at ucla in the early sixties. There were only three women that I remember in my classes at the time, among maybe 400 men. I tended to wear short heels and skirts, and, yes, makeup - but then that was the early sixties, the era of Jackie Kennedy, etc.
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:24 pm
Re: Why I like women who wear make-up
Atkins wrote:
I came on this forum to explore political opinion in this country.

I had a failed attempt to establish a relationship this year.

I am not a handsome man. I'm a little Lincolnesque although I am clean shaven.

I thought I would read what other men write on internet dating services. Too many want women significantly younger than they are who are slim or in shape or athletic but who do not wear makeup.

I am 60. I do look a little younger. I am willing to date women up to 10 years younger or older but I focus on women between 58 and 62, largely because we went to college at the same time. We experienced VietNam. We heard the same music and read the same books.

However, I want a woman who wears make-up.

I'm an artist. I enjoy color and like seeing what a woman does with color.

A woman who wears make-up is often creative and imaginative.

More important, a woman who wears make-up exhibits a kind of pride.

I'm not talking about application with a trowel or something suited for the stage, but, I do like to see lipstick, which brightens the complexion (especially in women in the group I seek) and a little mascara (eyelashes fade as hair grays).

I hate rouge or blush as they call it today. I hate eyebrow pencil.

Is a man who is afraid of a woman with a little color on her face worried that she will look better than he does?
there was this beautiful girl that i was trying this time to take it slow with. she was a knock out so one day i decided to suprise her at her job, she worked with a travel agency her mom owned the company. i walked in and she had no make up on god she was ugly, looked like the witch that gave sleeping beauty the apple needless to say i never spoke to her again dang Twisted Evil she was ugly.
0 Replies