Why I like women who wear make-up

JLLLLLL

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 05:24 pm
Re: Why I like women who wear make-up
Atkins wrote:
I came on this forum to explore political opinion in this country.

I had a failed attempt to establish a relationship this year.

I am not a handsome man. I'm a little Lincolnesque although I am clean shaven.

I thought I would read what other men write on internet dating services. Too many want women significantly younger than they are who are slim or in shape or athletic but who do not wear makeup.

I am 60. I do look a little younger. I am willing to date women up to 10 years younger or older but I focus on women between 58 and 62, largely because we went to college at the same time. We experienced VietNam. We heard the same music and read the same books.

However, I want a woman who wears make-up.

I'm an artist. I enjoy color and like seeing what a woman does with color.

A woman who wears make-up is often creative and imaginative.

More important, a woman who wears make-up exhibits a kind of pride.

I'm not talking about application with a trowel or something suited for the stage, but, I do like to see lipstick, which brightens the complexion (especially in women in the group I seek) and a little mascara (eyelashes fade as hair grays).

I hate rouge or blush as they call it today. I hate eyebrow pencil.

Is a man who is afraid of a woman with a little color on her face worried that she will look better than he does?
there was this beautiful girl that i was trying this time to take it slow with. she was a knock out so one day i decided to suprise her at her job, she worked with a travel agency her mom owned the company. i walked in and she had no make up on god she was ugly, looked like the witch that gave sleeping beauty the apple needless to say i never spoke to her again dang Twisted Evil she was ugly.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:18 am
Poor Atkins indeed.

I've been on vacation, which for me is painting in Vermont. Ah.

Left off at page 7. Have an appointment and need to run.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:42 am
Hey - Welcome back!

As you can see, we've been far and wide.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:46 am
Just read through the whole thing, interesting.

Littlek, what I do when I wear lipstick (not often now, daily when I was working) was to wear a very deep berry lipstick from Origins. You put it on, you blot it, and it acts like a stain. I don't know if they still make it, my current one is a couple of years old I think.

OK, looked it up. New packaging, but I think this is it. ("Liptint.")

http://a248.e.akamai.net/www.origins.com/images/products/org_04WH_tall_lrg.jpg

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5724&PRODUCT_ID=PROD354

That's all I can stand. Hate waxy stuff, don't like lipgloss.

I used to wear mascara occasionally, but it doesn't make much of a difference except in length. My lashes are shortish but thick and dark and curved, people often think I'm wearing eye makeup when I'm not.

I was made up by an absolute master for a photo shoot in a national magazine and I definitely admired her artistry and the end result. If she could come over every day, maybe. She gave me some tips, I still have them, eventually I might get the foundation she recommended. But like littlek, I just tend to feel silly with too much makeup on. Unless done by a master. (Damn she was good. She got me all het up about doing this stuff right, but what's so hard is that styles change, you have to keep up with it or else it looks dated, and it's just such a hassle... for what?)
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:54 am
Re: Why I like women who wear make-up
JLLLLLL wrote:
Atkins wrote:
I came on this forum to explore political opinion in this country.

I had a failed attempt to establish a relationship this year.

I am not a handsome man. I'm a little Lincolnesque although I am clean shaven.

I thought I would read what other men write on internet dating services. Too many want women significantly younger than they are who are slim or in shape or athletic but who do not wear makeup.

I am 60. I do look a little younger. I am willing to date women up to 10 years younger or older but I focus on women between 58 and 62, largely because we went to college at the same time. We experienced VietNam. We heard the same music and read the same books.

However, I want a woman who wears make-up.

I'm an artist. I enjoy color and like seeing what a woman does with color.

A woman who wears make-up is often creative and imaginative.

More important, a woman who wears make-up exhibits a kind of pride.

I'm not talking about application with a trowel or something suited for the stage, but, I do like to see lipstick, which brightens the complexion (especially in women in the group I seek) and a little mascara (eyelashes fade as hair grays).

I hate rouge or blush as they call it today. I hate eyebrow pencil.

Is a man who is afraid of a woman with a little color on her face worried that she will look better than he does?
there was this beautiful girl that i was trying this time to take it slow with. she was a knock out so one day i decided to suprise her at her job, she worked with a travel agency her mom owned the company. i walked in and she had no make up on god she was ugly, looked like the witch that gave sleeping beauty the apple needless to say i never spoke to her again dang Twisted Evil she was ugly.
AND can you tell me whats with the females lure of flicking the hair and thats suppose to let the man know that shes interested. like one time in a club crowded with beautiful females one came up to me and leaned back on the wall beside me and she had a look on her face like she was drunk as a monkey, she stared at me and started flicking her hair she was very good looking to had a nice big caboose and that long hair.. but she freaked me out by flicking her hair and i thought maybe this girls on some of that stuff, crack or some other drug i don't do the drug thing and don't want to be with anyone who dose so i got away from this girl i didn't know that flicking the hair was a come on until i asked a couple of females that i knew what it meant. i think ists silly.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 12:43 pm
I found the specific stuff I have:

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/b7/8a/beatMakeupLipsOrigins_Bite_Your_Lips-resized200.jpg

http://www.epinions.com/beat-review-73B7-1CDB3F59-3A074481-prod5
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:28 pm
I look like a whore when I wear makeup. I like lipstick, but that's all I can do, and anymore I only wear it when I go out -- which isn't often.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
And I'm interested in hearing about Atkins's painting trip to Vermont - Atkins, why don't you do a thread on it in the Original Art forum?
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:36 pm
flushd wrote:
Ugggh!!!!

I once dated an artist who said the same thing. Then he appraised me (I wasn't wearing any make-up that day 'cause I didn't feel like it) and said " oh you have good colour so you're alright"

Like I frickin' care!!

The problem I've had has always been with men bitchin' that I don't wear make-up enough or enough of it. That just peeves me off.

If you insist a woman must wear makeup, then find one of the many obsessed with wearing it, and don't try changing the rest of us.

You men, try going through the whole routine of make-up and hair and all every day. It's gets boring. It clogs your skin.

Argggg!!!!

What brought this on?

My late wife had an amazingly oily complexion. She felt foundation kept the oil at bay and kept her pores clear.

I started this thread because so many men drool over women who look like street walkers yet scream that they like the natural look.

Go to match.com and read what the men say.

I haven't asked for women to imitate the old Dutch Boy House Paint ads, which urged consumers to cover the world, just to suggest a little mascara and some lipstick looks nice on the paler skin of an older woman.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:38 pm
flushd wrote:
I know this is becoming flooding,
but i want to know is Atkins wears makeup?

Are you Brandon's sister? You're as rude and as insistent as he is. No, I am not confused. I hope we never meet.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:06 pm
Haha Atkins,
by now you must know that make-up is one of the
more controversial topics, and not just a simple question Wink
0 Replies

Toni no12002

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:17 am
i dont get why women wear nmake up!i really think it makes some people look worse because they put too much on!dont men normally prefer women without it?women pile it on when they go out put if you do end up pulling with some blok theyll see you with out it anyway!also most people dont put it on properly and they look ridiculous!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:00 pm
Atkins, I apologize for being a rude bitch.
Had I taken a deep breath before replying I would have understood what you were speaking about. I jumped on this topic like a wild dog.
Sorry.
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:24 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I look like a whore when I wear makeup. I like lipstick, but that's all I can do, and anymore I only wear it when I go out -- which isn't often.
what country. are you from.
0 Replies

Casanova

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 12:37 pm
the women here are fiesty. i like that.
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 02:39 pm
Casanova wrote:
the women here are fiesty. i like that.
THEY MUST COME FROM A WEALTH FAMILY BECAUSE THEY ALL GOT THEIR HEADS UP THEIR BUTS.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:51 pm
Yep, we're all from one big wealthy family.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 04:55 pm
Hey there, lil sis!

Can you move your Mercedes so I can slide my Jaguar into that spot to the right of flushd's Humvee? Thanks.

Oh, here's Cuz CJane pulling up in her new yacht.

Schweeeeeeeet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:07 pm
I want to know why CJ got all the good genes in this family.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2005 05:13 pm
Oh, Eugene!!!!
0 Replies