Why I like women who wear make-up

Atkins

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:16 am
I came on this forum to explore political opinion in this country.

I had a failed attempt to establish a relationship this year.

I am not a handsome man. I'm a little Lincolnesque although I am clean shaven.

I thought I would read what other men write on internet dating services. Too many want women significantly younger than they are who are slim or in shape or athletic but who do not wear makeup.

I am 60. I do look a little younger. I am willing to date women up to 10 years younger or older but I focus on women between 58 and 62, largely because we went to college at the same time. We experienced VietNam. We heard the same music and read the same books.

However, I want a woman who wears make-up.

I'm an artist. I enjoy color and like seeing what a woman does with color.

A woman who wears make-up is often creative and imaginative.

More important, a woman who wears make-up exhibits a kind of pride.

I'm not talking about application with a trowel or something suited for the stage, but, I do like to see lipstick, which brightens the complexion (especially in women in the group I seek) and a little mascara (eyelashes fade as hair grays).

I hate rouge or blush as they call it today. I hate eyebrow pencil.

Is a man who is afraid of a woman with a little color on her face worried that she will look better than he does?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,441 • Replies: 188
No top replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:22 am
Re: Why I like women who wear make-up
Atkins wrote:
Is a man who is afraid of a woman with a little color on her face worried that she will look better than he does?

Nope, I just think my wifes natural look is more beautiful then with make-up.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:23 am
Oh, and even on her worst day she looks 10 times better then me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:33 am
In my experience, men do like to look at women who wear makeup that's flattering. They just HATE waiting for us to put it on. They want us to be able to throw on our clothes and go...like they do.

(Sorry, fella. You'll just hafta wait!)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:36 am
jp, I think your wife is in a different
age group as Atkins describes. Older
women do look good with a bit of make-up,
even if it is just lipstick alone.

Aktins, I don't know where you live, but
I see women in the age group you're focusing
on, on a daily basis, and they are almost all well
groomed and use make-up in a subtle way.

Unfortunately, they also have had several face lifts
and their true natural beauty is somewhat lost
with the tightening of the skin, but that might be
southern California only.

The point is, if you look in the right places, you
might be successful in finding your match.
Good luck!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 11:40 am
I don't feel dressed without eye make up!

an artist? join us on the art discussion threads Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:02 pm
Women who take the time to take care of themselves DO show a bit more confidence then some other women do.

Natural looking, sublte, complimenting make up can be the sexiest thing beyond clothing there is that we women can put on our bodies.
It isnt strange to enjoy that in or ON a woman.

Eyebrow pencil? I dont understand that either .
Women pluck thier natural brows out to draw them back... >sigh<
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:05 pm
I agree with that! their eyebrows look so strange and unnatural too - I used to work with someone (that I disliked intensly!) who plucked her eyebrows completely away and then drew them back - it looked very strange and a bit startled.

mascara and shadow for me - smoky smudgy shadow.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:10 pm
I always wear makeup under my eyes because I was blessed with that "just got punched in the eyes" look. I always wear a small bit of eyeshadow, eye liner and mascara. Sometimes lipstick but it goes away so fast there is almost no point. And the super stay stuff makes my lips dry.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:24 pm
Re: Why I like women who wear make-up
Atkins wrote:
I do like to see lipstick, which brightens the complexion (especially in women in the group I seek) and a little mascara (eyelashes fade as hair grays).

I hate rouge or blush as they call it today. I hate eyebrow pencil.

I read your post with interest as I enjoy wearing makeup, and the more I "mature" the more important it is for me to be wearing some when I leave the house.

I'm not sure if most men even realize when women have makeup on or not. They get the overall impression that some women look better than others (all other things being equal) or that their wife/girlfriend looks particularly fetching this evening.
Eva's right, many men want their women to look a certain way, but don't want to wait a few minutes to give them time to look that way.

Funny - I really never liked lipstick, just doesn't suit me.
And eyebrow pencil! My brows have really thinned over the past decade, and if I don't do my brows, I feel like my entire face disappears. Keep in mind A. that this happens to most women as they age.

Someone mentioned being sutble. That's the key. I do the whole nine yards; Foundation, loose powder over that, blush, mascara, sometimes shadow and eyebrow pencil. I'm so used to it I can be done within 5 minutes, and look as good as someone else who takes an hour.

Curious - What do you think of nail polish?

I do my own, and prefer non traditional colors. Like this week I'm wearing Sahara Saphire, it's like a gunmetal blue and very attractive.

Oh she-wolfie, if you ever see anyone around austin with blue, tan, violet, midnight blue, gold or mint green nails, you've met me.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:28 pm
The only make-up I wear is foundation and concealer. I like the natural look. I feel more comfortable that way.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:32 pm
Vivien wrote:
I agree with that! their eyebrows look so strange and unnatural too - it looked very strange and a bit startled.

Yeah! that's the look I go for!

I love arched brows so that when someone gives you a line of bull, you can tilt your head at them, raise that one brow, and squint the eye under that raised brow.

Whoa! Message Received!

Nora Desmond has nothing on me.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 12:33 pm
Hehe, that's where I draw the line. My nailpolish is
either nude or clear and my nails are short.

My toenails are mostly red, as it looks nice with sandals.
Silvery white looks good on tanned skin.
0 Replies

Casanova

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:02 pm
My wife never wears makeup anymore. I wish she'd make herself up soemtimes because she looks like a slob.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:05 pm
Casanova wrote:
My wife never wears makeup anymore. I wish she'd make herself up soemtimes because she looks like a slob.

So, what do you look like? A movie star?
0 Replies

Casanova

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:08 pm
No but I take care of myself.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:10 pm
You have to, with a name like that! Wink

I love your new avatar Chai Tea.
0 Replies

Casanova

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:14 pm
I just love ladies. Never said i was perfect but my wife just cant' get her fat a** of the couch long enogh to love me so....
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:17 pm
Maybe it isn't worth getting off of the couch for...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 01:18 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Maybe it isn't worth getting off of the couch for...

Laughing
0 Replies