Why do some men do this?

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 07:15 pm
Can someone please tell why a man that has a beautiful, intelligent woman will want to make her insecure mentioning or better said strutting in her face of how gorgeous another woman is (actress, celebrity, etc)

What is it about these man? WHY?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,862 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 08:39 pm
@jenny-00,
Who ia the actress in question?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 09:24 pm
@jenny-00,
jenny-00 wrote:

Can someone please tell why a man that has a beautiful, intelligent woman will want to make her insecure mentioning or better said strutting in her face of how gorgeous another woman is (actress, celebrity, etc)

I think that someone who comments on the attractiveness of a third person while in the presence of their significant other is an inconsiderate ass.
I don’t think it’s “something about men” in particular. Although men may be guilty more often of trying to manipulate in this way, I don’t think it’s something that only men do.
The person that does this does knows that it will hurt their partner, but does it anyway to manipulate them into feeling inadequate and/or jealous. It is a mean thing to do, and I think it indicates a lack of character and common courtesy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 12:20 pm
@jenny-00,
repeating posts with similar themes -

Unlikely the advice will change --- I think you should seek deep therapy -

https://able2know.org/topic/544713-1#post-6955033
"Would you ever show your boyfriend or girlfriend other beautiful women or men in real life or tv, I mean would you feel secure and comfortable to do this or not?"
ehBeth's answer (which links another similar post)
sounds familiar
he's still older
you're still jealous

https://able2know.org/topic/463419-1#post-6656084

And another
https://able2know.org/topic/546045-1#post-6966685
"Hi guys, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years and 2 months, I have posted already about another topic, but there is something that I cant quite wrap my finger about and it’s the fact that my boyfriend every time we see a movie, show or whatever on tv and theres a pretty or beautiful woman he acknowledges it and says how beautiful she is in front of me and trust me this is all the TIME!!!."

And yet another
https://able2know.org/topic/551084-1#post-7048265
"....Around August 2016 my now boyfriend as an engineer that he is, started working on a luxurious residential building on the beach where he met this girl that caught his eye big time, he has talked to me about this girl a couple of times now ( last time was February 2020).

So when he spoke about her to me, he always said how beautiful, model looking this girl is, that she had all these rich men sending her flowers etc, and that all the men that lived in that building were after her. He even said she had a coke bottle body , she is slim with a normal body but does not have an amazing body as he claims she has...."
Mame

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 12:28 pm
@jenny-00,
jenny-00 wrote:

Are you really beautiful and intelligent? Just askin' because you post the same stuff over and over again.

Why don't you leave him if this bothers you so much? If you were 'intelligent', you wouldn't stand for this.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 12:56 pm
@Linkat,
1. I agree with Linkat, seeing a therapist would probably be helpful.

2. A couple in a healthy relationship can discuss how sexy different actors and actresses are. I have no problem with the fact my girlfriend thinks Tom Ellis is sexy (in fact, I might bang him myself if I had the chance). These are things you have to work out individually as a couple,

I personally wouldn't be offended by this.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2021 03:56 pm
@jenny-00,
I dont think its a problem. If my BF said something like that i would just say im better, lol. Seriously, there isnt anything wrong with it.
0 Replies