I'll just entertain myself

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 07:31 am
In the park today we came across a dead baby raccoon on the trail. I concluded it drowned last night in the heavy thunderstorm that passed over.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 12:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
Been there, done that but you know why there’s no t-shirt, don’t ‘ya?! That’s right…card was declined.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 12:20 pm
@Ragman,
They mailed it to the wrong address, although I've been a customer probably twenty years. It's a screwy planet chance put us upon.
Ragman

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 05:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
I hear ya there. We are snowbirds soI have to watch out for slip ups like that. During the last federal election, We had already driven down in September we’ll in advance of the election. I knew I was registered. However when I went to vote they discovered my license expired in September so I had to the zip over to the r
DMV and decertify my license. Of course I had driven down 1250 miles from NY to FL prior. Lucky I never got stopped. I sadly had to pay a fine on top of the license fee. All because they never notified me of an impending renewal.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2022 05:38 pm
@Ragman,
By the time my driver's license expires I will be too old to drive most likely. Unlike most folks I know I won't miss it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 08:08 am
When I was contracting remodel work a few lifetimes ago I developed a habit of keeping keys in my hand as I delivered items to the trash. Almost invariably I forgot the keys and pitched them in there too. I've always been absentminded. My Mom called me the Absent Minded Professor. So if I start to develop Alzheimer's it may not be noticeable.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 11:35 am
Happy Mothers Day.
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.18169-9/10373659_10203416449068582_3424906803756147964_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=ZgcqRqsWu5QAX_HmCud&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&oh=00_AT82Ps8SCG7gfLXC9y3qXWhJ_M80WsyGqqAhWQEjoyby0A&oe=629BAE69
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 7 May, 2022 08:34 pm
Going to see a granddaughter and three great grandkids in the morning.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 May, 2022 06:34 pm
So my youngest daughter and hubby stopped by this morning before off to see the Astros win. After that one of my granddaughters came, with four of my great grandchildren. I figured the kids would become bored and cranky, but they played with the energy of the kids in the story who tied up the storyteller to a stake while pretending to be Indians. The baby is so young she has yet to even turn over in her bed. Her feet look like paddles - in other words, just like mine. I was thoroughly exhausted by the time they left. I would willingly do it all over tomorrow.
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 May, 2022 08:26 am
@edgarblythe,
Great grandchildren! How awesome is that?!
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 May, 2022 09:00 am
@Ragman,
I have one more but likely will never know that one. Such is life.
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 May, 2022 07:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Sorry to read that. Sometimes family can be such a blessing but other times, not so much.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 May, 2022 07:39 pm
@Ragman,
Given up for adoption.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 05:48 am
Swooping time for certain birds came a few weeks ago. I saw one on my gate casting belligerent looks my way. So I immediately shut the door and went to the cabinet for some peanuts- in shell and raw. Went back and tossed some in the bird's general direction, but across the fence so Rocky couldn't interfere. Now every day three or four birds wait expectantly when I go outside.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 07:51 am
There was a heavy police presence in the park today. I didn't get close enough to know any facts, other than they were concentrating on one individual in the back parking lot.
BillW

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 10:29 am
@edgarblythe,
"The Life and Times" continues......... 🤗 Book coming soon, I'll wait for the movie. Clint Eastwood is available to play edgar!
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 12:11 pm
@BillW,
Yeah. Jack Elam is dead. Eastwood would be the next logical choice.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 12:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I never realised he was called Clint.

That's the problem with block capitals.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 12:33 pm
I sure would have preferred Jack Elam.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/JackElam.jpg/220px-JackElam.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 May, 2022 12:54 pm
Man with cane shot, killed after being harassed by group of teens in north Houston: HPD

That's it. Leaving my cane at home from now on.