I'll just entertain myself

roger

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 12:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Why don't people ride zebras?
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g09y-i35P8[/youtube]

Clearly, you have forgotten Sheena, Queen of the Jungle. She rode zebras lots of times.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 12:25 pm
@roger,
I vaguely remembered someone riding a zebra, but forgot it was Sheena. I thought maybe the comic strip The Phantom rode one also, but I googled a picture of him on a white horse.
roger

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 03:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
I just hate it when I have to resort to fiction to find a good reference.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 03:59 pm
@roger,
This article says a zebra can be ridden - but -

It also tells of a girl that figured out how to train one at the end.
https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/09/can-zebras-be-domesticated-and-trained.html#:~:text=So%2C%20yes%2C%20they%20can%20be,a%20zebra%20to%20be%20ridden.
roger

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2021 05:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, fan me with a blowtorch.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 10:15 am
Had a nice walk. Fall colors are slow to come to east Texas. Many trees increasingly show a bit of yellow but mostly varying shades of rust. Squirrels everywhere. Going out of the neighborhood I saw lots of trash. A black plastic bag of something lay about midway. When we came home I noted somebody moved the bag to where I park. So when I did the trash a little later all I had to do was lift it into the truck. It held fifteen or twenty Red Baron pizzas. There was twice as much trash as normal today. They are still in a rage that we have a new camera by the mailboxes. As I have mentioned in the past, I am gratified that the messes they orchestrate for me are mostly alcohol, fast food and tobacco. That means their lives may well be short with miserable endings.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2021 11:35 pm
For years I've been seeing chamomile tea touted for its relaxing qualities and ability to help one sleep better. So I've finished off a box of it. At first I tried a few recipes with it but settled for plain tea by the end. It's not bad. But it doesn't make me sleep better, doesn't make me relax. So I likely won't buy more. I will stick with green tea.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 01:23 pm
I wrote Spellville as a short story with a somewhat hopeful ending. Then I expanded it by two thirds. By the final end, there was no land-based life at all. Just what could survive in the water, given the new scenario. Written before the pandemic, it's a dystopian pandemic tale.
Mame

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 04:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
how did all the land-based life die?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 04:41 pm
@Mame,
It was a pandemic. The people who could have explained it and tried to cure it all were dead from the first round.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 06:24 pm
We go grocery shopping most every Wednesday. This evening we broke into our hurricane stash, all of which we will use, then replace it all a little at a time. Got to keep it rotating.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 07:25 pm
I saw that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 07:26 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 09:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

This article says a zebra can be ridden - but -

It also tells of a girl that figured out how to train one at the end.
https://slate.com/human-interest/2013/09/can-zebras-be-domesticated-and-trained.html#:~:text=So%2C%20yes%2C%20they%20can%20be,a%20zebra%20to%20be%20ridden.

Which end?

Since you replied, thought I'd put the essence of my reply back in. I realized that my reply was many posts after the point it was replying too. Therefore I needed a quote to provide consistency and didn't have the necessary time to get it in. Now it is complete.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 09:10 pm
Probably the end with the brain. Although I've known some individuals with no brain at either end.
BillW

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 09:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think the art is much deeper.......
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 10:51 pm
@BillW,
I really don't have a theory. I just figure that many animals are more complex than we know and that many are not so different than us in many ways. The zebras were a surprise to me. I would love to observe a few firsthand without resorting to a zoo.
BillW

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 11:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have always felt a zebra was more in line with a ass. And, a horse was an animal genetically superior from asses or zebras.
BillW

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2021 11:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have always felt a zebra was more in line with a ass. And, a horse was an animal genetically superior from asses or zebras.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2021 12:59 am
@BillW,
That's being judgmental.