I'll just entertain myself

izzythepush

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 10:46 am
@edgarblythe,
It's so easy, plain flour, salt, eggs,milk and water.

The secret for good yorkshires is to make the batter a hour in advance and let it rest.

The fat, ( preferably beef dripping,) should be very hot and the batter very cold, that's what causes it to rise.

I can't remember a time I didn't know what Yorkshire pudding was.
Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 11:35 am
@edgarblythe,
Pretty good Series matchup. Good game for fans. How ‘bout the Atlanta Braves pitcher pitching with a broken leg?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 12:24 pm
@roger,
Yessir.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 12:26 pm
@Ragman,
I like for it to be a contest. It's no good if one team just runs away with it. That pitcher with the broken leg personifies the dedicated player.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2021 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I may give it a try.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 03:33 pm
The Onion
@TheOnion
Texas School Censors All Of ‘Huck Finn’ Except The N-Words
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 06:20 pm
WTF. Only got to watch the first two playoff games. Now apparently two is all I got to see of the World Series, as they are starting game three now, but it's not on my TV.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 07:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Turned out it is on. The ROKU menu was wrong.
edgarblythe wrote:

WTF. Only got to watch the first two playoff games. Now apparently two is all I got to see of the World Series, as they are starting game three now, but it's not on my TV.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 Oct, 2021 12:13 pm
Shaun King - first words by his daughter

Dad, all of these people testing you, and testing our family, like it would break you, really don’t know where you came from and what you’ve been through.⁣

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ⁣

Of course I’m not indestructible. I’m just a man. But this world made me different. And God prepared me for a hard life.⁣

I grew up without a father.⁣

When I was just 13 in rural Kentucky, bigots forced me into my first real fight. That fight literally turned into a race riot at a local football game. That was 1993. And it changed my whole life.⁣

While I was suspended from school, bigots walked out because their confederate flags got banned. ⁣

It made the local news. And when I returned to school, they blamed me.⁣

Over the next 2 years, I was forced to fight about a dozen times. Regularly against 2-3 people.⁣

I missed over 100 days of school my freshman year.⁣

I was twice chased by a pickup trucks and nearly run over.⁣

I had a jar of tobacco spit thrown in my face.⁣

I started carrying a gun at 14, a small 380, given to me by my friend Rodger. ⁣

That next summer Rodger and I were shot at and nearly killed.⁣

That next year, in school, when I was unarmed, a mob of those same bigots beat me so badly that I had to have 3 spinal surgeries. I had fractures in my face and ribs. ⁣

I missed the next 2 years of high school recovering from those surgeries. ⁣

While I was home recovering, those same bigots drove their pickup trucks into my mother’s front yard, tearing up her grass and yard, until a neighbor chased them away. ⁣

And when I finally recovered from everything, because my small town only had one school, I was forced to return to it, and face the people who caused me so much pain and were never held accountable. ⁣

I was 16. ⁣

2 years later I was the youngest Student Government President ever elected at Morehouse. ⁣

4 years later I nearly died in a brutal car accident that required over 400 stitches on my face alone. All of my teeth were shattered. ⁣

Lip and eyelid sewn back on. ⁣

All of that was before you ever heard of me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 02:25 pm
I have always had complete disdain for the song, "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." Yesterday it became my earworm of the week and I find myself liking it. "I love you baby -"
Joeblow

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 03:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
(Belting it out)

And if it's quite all right...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Oct, 2021 05:46 pm
@Joeblow,
It's one of those songs that everyone recorded except MC Hammer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Looking to name a lady bounty hunter from the 1870s USA. She's in her mid to late twenties, has a bit of a twisted side to her face and one eye does not look straight. She has killed suspects with a shotgun three or four times.

I kept her name at Daisy Plumtree. Later in the story she meets Two Feathers Crow. He refers to her straight eye in how she talks to him as opposed to the crooked one. After they become a couple he renames her "Straight Eye."
roger

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Give us a title when it's published?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2021 09:51 pm
@roger,
Leaving Texas. But I will remind people again later.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2021 10:36 am
Our new camera has cut down on the vandals' actions this week. The other corner by the new day care center has been denuded of trees and all things living but the beneath the topsoil dwellers, and even many of them. Don't know what it is going to be used for. It's next to the school on the other side.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2021 11:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Crap. I just learned the space I wrote about in my last post is going to be a strip center. We have seven new ones surrounding us already.
Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 04:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
So you might say it’s a good thing to keep abreast of?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 05:13 pm
@Ragman,
They ripped out a very nice stand of trees.
Ragman

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2021 05:02 am
@edgarblythe,
Oh, you meant strip mall…not titty bar?