I'll just entertain myself

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 08:05 am
@edgarblythe,
Is the team moving or is it a scheduling thing.

Our national newspapers move but as a rule sports teams don't.

The notable exeption was Wimbledon, they lost their ground and started playing in Milton Keynes which was alright until they announced the move was permanent and changed their name tother MK Don's.

The fans clubbed together tomorrow a new Wimbledon, and the MK Dons are the pariahs of the football league.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 08:11 am
@izzythepush,
During the playoffs it's two games here for the top seeded team, three games there, two more games here, if necessary. First winner of four games advances.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2021 08:35 am
@edgarblythe,
We have a similar thing in the FA Cup.

All finals are held at Wembley, but the semis are held at a neutral ground.

I was going to say the same about play off but I was wrong.

At the end of every season teams are either relegated or promoted to different leagues.

In the premiership the three worst performing sides are relegated to the Championship.

The two top sides in the Championship are automatically promoted to the premiership but the third place is decided in a play off.

The team that comes third plays the that comes sixth two games home and away, and the same is true for the teams who finish fourth and fifth, and the winners meet at Wembley, the winning side is promoted to the premiership and the losing side stays in the championship.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 09:52 pm
Astros win and are headed to the World Series
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2021 11:24 am
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 08:43 am
I'm not as big a sports nut as all that. Some teams I care about will be busy this week, beginning with football, so I may be distracted. I feel that if humanity could subvert their warring impulses to sports we might save lots of unnecessary carnage from happening. Not that it will be done in my lifetime.
coluber2001

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 09:29 am
@edgarblythe,
Now that we have a professional Army and no draft, wars can become like spectator sports. If it doesn't affect them or their family they may not be concerned about it as they should be.

I don't know why we need such a huge standing army. Maybe most men should be eligible for the draft, take their eight weeks or more basic training and enter call-up reserve for a number of years then they could go each year for a number of weeks for advanced training.

Some countries do it that way.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 09:31 am
@coluber2001,
The draft is one of the best weapons against war. That's why it is no longer employed.
coluber2001

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 09:40 am
@edgarblythe,
That's true, and that's what happened to Johnson and his war in Vietnam, protests.

Never saw any protests against Iraq or Afghanistan leastways not on a large scale.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 10:09 am
@coluber2001,
Yep. If you are in no danger you tend to care less. Not right, but true.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 05:42 pm
Made our dinner of tuna, boiled eggs, mixed with a bunch of ****, and ate as sandwiches. Too hot a day to be cooking. Cold front's coming but first tomorrow will also be hot.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 04:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Tuna and eggs, is that good? The idea never occurred to me.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 06:12 am
@Brandon9000,
Tastes great. I mix in chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, pickle, anything handy. Give it a good shot of mustard and mayo, mix it eat it on bread with tomato slices.
Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 06:28 am
@edgarblythe,
Taking notes. Gonna try it. Calling it ‘Edgar’s egg and tuna salad’.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 07:45 am
@Ragman,
Along with tomato slices I also put lettuce on there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 11:29 am
On the topic of food - I was watching a video by a doctor on cancer. In the course of the talk, he mentioned eating peppers. The video showed the red, yellow, and orange bells. I had always sort of liked the green, but rarely bought them. I experimented with the colored ones and now I include all four colors in my diet several times per week. I love the flavor.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 12:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
We call them sweet peppers, I cook with them a lot.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 12:57 pm
@izzythepush,
I cook, put in salad, sandwich - any occasion will serve.
Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 02:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
On that topic, I avoid green bell peppers because they disagree with me. Red, yellow orange are awesome. I make a great meal with adding them sautéed in with rice and black beans topped with plain yoghurt or sour cream. My strong preference is yoghurt, however. My fave go-to meal in a hurry.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2021 02:08 pm
@Ragman,
I just looked this up
Red peppers pack the most nutrition, because they've been on the vine longest. Green peppers are harvested earlier, before they have a chance to turn yellow, orange, and then red. Compared to green bell peppers, the red ones have almost 11 times more beta-carotene and 1.5 times more vitamin C.