What was the first?
Mame

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:34 am
@izzythepush,
I think that was the first and only ... heh heh
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 11:39 am
@Mame,
I was of the generation that started drinking just as Space Invaders hit the pubs.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 12:04 pm
Space Invaders was our first game. I tired of it rather quickly.
Mame

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 12:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've never heard of Space Invaders. But then, I only play card and board games, and Charades... as do my kids. We are not a gaming family.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 12:45 pm
@Mame,
I'm no gamer. But I had children at the time. Space Invaders made billions for the company. It had a sliding blaster to zap wave after wave of aliens.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2021 03:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I was of the generation that started drinking just as Space Invaders hit the pubs.

Question: how did your drinking affect the Space Invaders? Did they go boom!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 09:34 am
I don't understand how you can call a studio release of any music bootleg, especially when doing a series of planned releases. But Bob Dylan's latest bootleg is being released any day now.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 09:52 am
@Ragman,
No, they went beep, but in the space of my under age drinking arcade machines went from Space Invaders to Defender, 3d tank battles all sorts.

It took a long time for the home systems to catch up with the arcade games in quality.

There was a space invaders on the home console, but it wasn’t the space invaders.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 09:55 am
@edgarblythe,
They started releasing “official” bootlegs back in the 70s.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2021 01:28 pm
@izzythepush,
I was a huge fan of pinball machines. Loved the action and the loud snap when you earned a replay. Fast forward to the 70s , it was battleship, and then in 1981-82 it was Atari Space Invaders. I worked second shift so when I came home at midnight I would play till about 130 when I was actually tired. Then Commodore with Boxing . Etc, etc.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 08:13 am
911 was as traumatic for me as anybody. But after twenty years of wallowing and being manipulated over it I'm moving on. No disrespect meant for victims and responders.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 08:37 am
@edgarblythe,
It always creeps up on us, due to the different way we show our dates, it always seems too soon.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 06:21 pm
Here's an odd one. We were applying to buy a car today. When the dealer went to verify my identity, the Social Security number came back a blank. He insisted I remembered the number wrong. After I've had it memorized for 60 years. I finally sent him proof from home. But he can't finish processing the application without it being acknowledged by the finance company. We ran out of time and now must wait until Monday to see what happens.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 09:59 pm
I went to my Social Security online account to see if I could learn the reason my number couldn't be verified, but the program of questions and answers doesn't consider such a question even remotely. Monday I plan to call and see if they can help.
roger

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 10:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
You mean, you plan to talk to an actual person who knows something?

He, he ha ha ho ho hum.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 10:11 pm
@roger,
Um. Me try.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2021 10:12 pm
@roger,
If that fails they will get a letter soon after.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2021 12:35 pm
Flies often came into my house, mostly when Rocky came and went. They mostly went to the kitchen window and hung out on the screen. The flyswatter could eventually get them all, but I found something better. I had a spray bottle with mostly water, but just enough Dawn liquid to turn the water pale blue. I discovered that I could get flies 100% on the first try by spraying them with this solution. After that, I learned to cut up bars of Irish Spring soap and hang them in strategic places and since then flies rarely even come in the house.

The other day one of the gigantic roaches got into the house. I found it in the kitchen sink, which I had not yet cleaned for the evening. The bottle of blue spray made quick work of it.