If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:56 am
@Rebelofnj,
Being a celeb doesn't give you an heir of superiority. Celebs have problems and issues just like normal people.
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:00 am
@JGoldman10,
I did not mention anything in my comment about being a celebrity
izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:03 am
@JGoldman10,
Again it shoots over your head.

We don’t call people of colour septics. We call Americans septics.

Even when rhyming slang is explained you still don’t understand it.

Someone with an IQ of 170 would, hell someone with a IQ of a 100 would, but you didn’t.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:04 am
@JGoldman10,
And neither are you, you are of Swaggart.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:21 am
@Rebelofnj,
I was just making a statement, a follow-up to what I said about Barr and the other celebs I mentioned.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:25 am
@izzythepush,
I have a regular pastor. A man whose ministry is out-of-state and who streams his ministry's sermons online each week.

I watch, listen to and support certain televangelists on TV and online. Jimmy Swaggart is one of them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:26 am
@izzythepush,
I bless you.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:29 am
@JGoldman10,
Jesus said love thy neighbour, you constantly attack other groups outside your small religious circle, LGBT people, the politically correct, Catholics, the list goes on and on. Not a lot of room for love there.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:35 am
@JGoldman10,
This is all from Wikipedia, about what happened to all of them after their respective scandals

Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Hogan gave an interview with ABC on August 31 in which he pleaded forgiveness for his racist comments, attributing these to a racial bias inherited from his neighborhood while growing up.[230] Hogan claimed that the term "nigger" was used liberally among friends in Tampa; however, former neighbors have disputed this claim.[231]

In the time that followed, numerous African-Americans expressed some level of support for Hogan including: The Rock, Dennis Rodman, Booker T, Kamala, Virgil, Mark Henry, Big E, and D'Angelo Dinero, who stressed his forgiveness of Hogan, whom he saw as having made a "positive mark on humanity" for over three decades.

On July 15, 2018, Hogan was reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame

Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty
Quote:
Robertson was the subject of controversy after a 2013 interview he did with GQ magazine, where he said that homosexual behavior was sinful. As a result, A&E suspended him from Duck Dynasty. Facing a strong backlash from his supporters, A&E lifted the suspension after nine days.

Rachel Ray - It looks like she did not make any racial comments. She is still hosting her daytime show.

Gilbert Gottfried
Quote:
In March 2011, Gottfried made a series of jokes on his Twitter account about the earthquake disaster in Japan. Aflac, which does 75% of its business in Japan, responded by dismissing Gottfried from voicing its duck mascot on March 14, 2011

Otherwise, Gottfried still does TV appearances since his dismissal.

Don Imus
Quote:
On November 1 (7 months after getting fired), Citadel announced that they had agreed to a multi-year syndication contract with Imus. The new Imus in the Morning program would be distributed nationally by Citadel Media and would be based at Citadel-owned WABC in New York City beginning in December.[73] The New York Times reported on November 14 that Imus had agreed to terms with cable network RFD-TV to air a video simulcast of the new radio program.

Dog the Bounty Hunter
Quote:
Once the tape was made public, A&E announced it was suspending production of Chapman's TV series pending an investigation.[40][41] On October 31, 2007, Chapman issued a public apology,[42] but on November 2, 2007, A&E announced it was nonetheless removing the show from their schedule "for the foreseeable future."
On February 19, 2008, A&E announced that Chapman's TV show would return to production

Michael Richards
Quote:
In a 2012 episode of Seinfeld's web series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Richards explained that the outburst still haunted him, and was a major reason for his retirement from stand-up.

Richards played the role of Frank in the sitcom Kirstie, costarring Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman, premiering on TV Land on December 4, 2013.[7] The show was canceled after one season.

So basically, everyone listed got short term reprimands but nothing long term.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
https://www.tmz.com/2007/01/24/racial-ray/

Racheal Ray did make off-color comments about race.

It was Paula Deen, not Ray, who got fired from Food Network for making racist comments:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/22/paula-deen-food-network-racial-language

She hosts an online cooking show now. I was getting them mixed up.

The point is these people all got in trouble for what they did.

Hogan was fired from the WWE for three years before returning.
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 08:12 am
@JGoldman10,
Your source is a tabloid site.

I cannot find anything that confirms this.

Rachel Ray's cable show 30 Minutes Meals ran from 2001 to 2012 on the Food Network, and there is no indication it was cancelled because of what she allegedly said. The show even returned to production in 2019.

Orpah's production company Harpo Studios is still producing Ray's daytime talk show, which still airs on CBS.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 08:16 am
@Rebelofnj,
I said was confusing Ray with Paula Deen. Deen is the one I meant to post about.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 08:20 am
@JGoldman10,
So you never actually responded to what I said about why you dislike PC culture
I wrote:

It seems I found the real reason why you have issue with political correctness.
You said:
JGoldman10 wrote:
I am wondering in this age of political correctness can I even produce the cartoons and comics I have said I wanted to produce and monetize online. There ARE content creators who have been penalized for the material they showcase on YouTube, for example.

It seems like there are parties out there that want to stifle your creativity, and if you don't comply with what THEY want you'll get penalized.

There are too many advocacy groups out there now. If you're entertaining kids, in this day and age, I was told you have to appease parents and teachers.

https://able2know.org/topic/555209-1

I doubt people are going to care enough to force you to change your work online, when there are literally millions of projects online with questionable and lewd content, most of which can be found on YouTube or even on TV.
JGoldman10

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 02:59 am
@Rebelofnj,
I like freedom. I don't like having to cater to snowflakes. I don't like being told what I can and can't do.

As an indie cartoon and comics maker I am a little concerned about censorship online.

I am not saying I am going to intentionally produce anything off-the-wall. I am saying I want the freedom to make cartoons and comics the way I want to make them.
izzythepush

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 03:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Don’t talk rot. You like being told what to do by the likes of Jimmy Swaggart.

You’re the biggest snowflake on A2K, constantly moaning about something or other.
Rebelofnj

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 04:02 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I like freedom. I don't like having to cater to snowflakes. I don't like being told what I can and can't do.

As an indie cartoon and comics maker I am a little concerned about censorship online.

I am not saying I am going to intentionally produce anything off-the-wall. I am saying I want the freedom to make cartoons and comics the way I want to make them.

Then what are you complaining about? Since your work is online, you don't have to make changes you don't want to.
And what do you think "snowflakes" will want to change in your works?
JGoldman10

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 04:36 am
@Rebelofnj,
When I said "I don't like being told what I can and can't do" I was also talking about this from a social standpoint.

We live in a society in which I am not supposed to say and/or do certain things because they aren't considered politically-correct now. That's the type of social climate we have now. I hate political correctness.

I should not have to act like I am living in a glass house or like I am stepping on eggshells when I want to express myself.

What happened to freedom of speech and freedom of expression?

Last I checked America was still a democracy, and not a communist state.
JGoldman10

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 04:38 am
@izzythepush,
Leave Mr. Swaggart out of this. That man knows how to bring the Word.
izzythepush

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 04:51 am
@JGoldman10,
The word of Mammon.

He perverts the Gospel to make money out of the feeble minded.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Tue 30 Mar, 2021 05:21 am
@JGoldman10,
First off, the only times I ever hear "We live in a society..." is by edgy teens who idolize the Joker or by people who make fun of them.

Second, what is something from your works that is considered offensive in modern society?

As previously mentioned, since your work is online, you are not restricted on what you can do. Whether people will like it is a whole another story.

Freedom of speech still exists; creator Dave Sim published all 300 issues of his own comic Cerebus independently without any major studio support. This is despite the fact that the comic became very misogynist and political by the end. Sim was not pressured to change his views; he still completed his 25 year plan to end the comics at his own terms at issue #300.