If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:57 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Right. I forgot they own Marvel and Star Wars now.
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 09:07 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Negaduck uses chainsaws as weapons, but you never actually see him use them to physically attack people with. He swings them at people but doesn't actually cut anyone.

A chainsaw is basically Negaduck's version of Darkwing Duck's gas gun.

"People" is a relative term - most of the characters from Darkwing Duck were anthropomorphic animals.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 09:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
It is very hard to forget when Disney heavily markets their brands as part of their streaming service. This is how the home page of their app looks like
https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Disney-Plus-Home-page.jpg
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 09:33 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I presume most folks know DC is owned by Warner Bros.

I am not a Star Wars fan and I am not really a Marvel fan. I don't really keep up with Marvel and/or Star Wars-related stuff.
Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 09:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I presume most folks know DC is owned by Warner Bros.

Well, duh. WB has heavily featured their DC content on their HBO MAX, and spend $70 million to produce the director's cut of Justice League.

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2020/05/06-HBO-Max-Hubs-tvOS.png
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 10:03 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I meant I presume most folks were made aware that DC Comics has been owned by Warner Bros. since the '90s, at least.

WB has owned DC Comics since 1969.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 11:06 pm
As a youngster I wasn't aware Tim Burton's Batman movie and the Superman films starring Christopher Reeves were all produced by WB. These films were released in the '80s and/or earlier.

I became aware of WB owning the DC properties back in the '90s, when WB released a handful of Batman movies back then and when they produced their popular animated Superman and Batman series.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 04:13 am
@JGoldman10,
Considering you repeatedly ask questions about what is popular with kids and what superheroes people like, that is not good.

That just means all the times you ask those questions and got multiple answers were wasted. People might as well avoid answering those questions in the future.
izzythepush

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 04:17 am
@Rebelofnj,
He doesn’t want answers, he wants confirmation of his assumptions.

If you do that all well and good, but watch out if you give an honest answer.
Rebelofnj

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 07:55 am
@izzythepush,
Usually when someone does challenge his assumptions, he has shown several times to act agitated or clamp up and changes the subject.

This very thread is a good example:

It started out about Jessica Rabbit and Lola Bunny's appearances, than after I said that Disney still talks about Roger Rabbit (JG claimed Disney doesn't care for the film), it changed to Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam not using guns anymore and the apparent fanservice in Teen Titans.

Then after I disproved his belief that Teen Titans was too inappropriate for broadcast TV, JG talked about the "extreme censorship" on Disney Plus (despite the fact he doesn't have a Disney Plus subscription).

Then after I asked for examples of censorship on the service, he changed the subject back to the use of weapons in cartoons.
izzythepush

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 08:01 am
@Rebelofnj,
Exactly, he does it all the time only to repeat the same questions next week.

He’s also very good at ignoring questions that put him in a tight spot.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 12:58 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I told you I have to find the article I was talking about. I didn't bookmark it.
Rebelofnj

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 01:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
You could find the article, but unlike you, I actually use Disney Plus, so I would know if there were any significant attempts in censorship.

670+ episodes and The Movie of the Simpsons are on Disney Plus and none were toned down or censored.

The one exception is the removal of the episode "Stark Raving Dad", and it was removed by the show creators, not Disney.
oralloy

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:06 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Due to Disney's McCarthyist witch hunts against conservatives, I'm going to stop subscribing to them and start pirating their content.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Right now I can't afford cable/satellite TV or any streaming services like Disney Plus, Peacock, HBO Max, Hulu, Netflix, etc.

Your point is moot.

I would rather get some CHRISTIAN streaming services.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:20 pm
@oralloy,
Lol.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 02:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
So I'm guessing you cannot find that article claiming Disney is an extremist in censoring their films and shows on Disney Plus.

Also, Peacock is free with ads.
JGoldman10

Mon 15 Mar, 2021 10:50 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I think this was the article I was talking about:

https://medium.com/@the_disney_dudebro/top-9-examples-of-political-correctness-gone-mad-at-disney-20e77b1030b4
Rebelofnj

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 02:52 am
@JGoldman10,
You previously said:
Quote:
I was saying Disney has gone crazy with censorship on Disney Plus. A lot of people are complaining about it.

But the article only states just one instance of censorship: covering up a nude butt in Splash.

And the rest of the article (which is written by a random user and not professional writer) lists things that are less about PC culture and more about business.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 16 Mar, 2021 03:19 am
@JGoldman10,
So what are you saying, that Disney should show more mermaid nudity?