If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 08:57 pm
@Rebelofnj,
https://www.thegamer.com/inappropriate-things-you-never-noticed-in-teen-titans/
https://www.cracked.com/article_22360_7-incredibly-inappropriate-moments-in-famous-cartoons.html
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 08:59 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I was saying Disney has gone crazy with censorship on Disney Plus. A lot of people are complaining about it.
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 09:00 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

The gun issue was mentioned as a tongue-in-cheek joke in the newer Looney Tunes shorts.

Elmer Fudd said he no longer uses guns because they are inhumane to use against animals, and decided to use absurd amounts of dynamite instead.

But he and Yosemite Sam also use scythes and hooks and knives and such in place of guns.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 09:18 pm
@JGoldman10,
What is censored specifically?

Most of the time, Disney has warning labels about outdated stereotypes on some potentially offensive show or film.

In a rare instance, they obscured a naked butt in their version of Splash, but a naked butt is uncensored in X-Men: Days of Futute Past (which is probably the most violent film on Disney Plus), so there is some inconsistencies on what they censor.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 09:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
They would have never gotten away with doing what they did in the show had it been shown on regular broadcast TV.

Teen Titans did air on regular broadcast TV, as part of the Kids WB Saturday morning block. Here is one of the Kids WB commercials for one of its sweepstakes, using the Teen Titans:

JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 09:46 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. I only saw it when it was on CN.
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 09:53 pm
When did political correctness actually become an issue as far as animation and comics is concerned?

I know it had to be an issue in the early 2000's. They made a reference to and a joke about it in Looney Tunes: Back In Action:

Rebelofnj

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 10:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
You never explained your claim about Disney going "crazy with censorship" on Disney Plus.

You provided no specific examples to back your claim. All you gave was a vague statement about people complaining.
JGoldman10

Sat 13 Mar, 2021 10:11 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I read something online about it. I have to find the article.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 04:18 am
@JGoldman10,
Probably in the 60s when Warner Bros banned 11 shorts that be known as The Censored Eleven.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censored_Eleven

Or in the 80s when Disney stopped playing Song of the South on their cable channel.
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 04:25 am
@Rebelofnj,
What is your post in response to?
Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 04:31 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
When did political correctness actually become an issue as far as animation and comics is concerned?
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 07:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Okay. I still need to find the article I was talking about.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 07:30 pm
To me, WB banning Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam from using guns is like Universal banning Woody Woodpecker from pecking things or whatever studio who currently owns Popeye banning Popeye from using spinach.

But what is the point of banning characters from using guns if they can use other dangerous weapons? Knives and scythes are dangerous. Dynamite and those black round bombs that are used in cartoons are dangerous.

I get it - there's been a lot of bad press regarding gun use in the press and the media, and cartoon studios don't want to corrupt current gens of youngsters who watch their cartoons and future gens of youngsters who could watch their cartoons by promoting gun use in their cartoons. They don't want to possibly and/or potentially incite kids to use guns.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 07:37 pm
Is Disney and/or any of the other major studios in Hollywood banning characters from using dangerous weapons in their cartoons?

Last I heard, seen and/or read, Negaduck from Darkwing Duck was still allowed to use chainsaws as weapons in Disney's DuckTales reboot.
Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
There are not many cartoon characters, old and new, that are known for their use of a firearm. Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam are the exception rather than the rule.
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:24 pm
@Rebelofnj,
To be fair, WB should ban Marvin the Martian from using guns. He is known for wielding and using a ray gun.

Disney's Negaduck is known for wielding and using a chainsaw as a weapon. Why the heck is THAT still allowed?
Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

To be fair, WB should ban Marvin the Martian from using guns. He is known for wielding and using a ray gun.

Disney's Negaduck is known for wielding a chainsaw. Why the heck is THAT still allowed?

Cartoons still allow rayguns and lasers, along with swords, scythes, hammers, and bows. It is evident if one watches enough recent cartoon shows and films.

I'm guessing chainsaws are still allowed because it is very unlikely children can get access to a chainsaw.
JGoldman10

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:38 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Negaduck uses chainsaws as weapons, but you never actually see him use them to physically attack people with. He swings them at people but doesn't actually cut anyone.

A chainsaw is basically Negaduck's version of Darkwing Duck's gas gun.
Rebelofnj

Sun 14 Mar, 2021 08:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
Related: Disney does make cartoons based on their Marvel and Star Wars properties, and each of them still allow the characters to wield dangerous weapons: blasters, lightsabers, hammer, bows and arrows, etc.

On an odder note, in the various shows/films/games, several of the Disney Princesses have used weapons, conventional and unorthodox: swords, bows, broken glass shiv, frying pan, magic.