If Disney produced a NEW ROGER RABBIT film, and they desexualized Jessica Rabbit ... ?

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:36 am
@JGoldman10,
There are always people that complain about anything and everything.

Nothing ever gets zero complaints.

That is why I specifically mentioned widespread outrage, which could result in changes like the Sonic the Hedgehog's movie design.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:40 am
@Rebelofnj,
Thank you. I got it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:48 am
@JGoldman10,
What is your problem with political correctness?

All it is is treating other people decently, like you would like to be treated.

Would you be happy with people calling you the n word?

If the answer is no then you are in favour of political correctness at least where it concerns yourself.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:51 am
@izzythepush,
Put the race cards away. Do you like it when people refer to an English person as the l-word? I don't know if I can say it here. No one said anything about racial and/or ethnic slurs, pejoratives and/or epithets.

What's my problem with political correctness? It's been taken to ridiculous extremes, and there are TOO MANY snowflakes in this generation.

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:54 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Put the race cards away. Do you like it when people refer to an English person as the L-word? I don't know if I can say it here.

Londoner?
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 04:56 am
@Rebelofnj,
"Blimey" minus the "b".
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:12 am
@JGoldman10,
So, the term shares the name as the Steven Soderbergh movie from the 90s, "The Limey".
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165854/
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:32 am
@JGoldman10,
Except last year, you seemed conflicted whether you support PC changes or not.

Here is what you said when white actor Mike Henry decided not to be the voice of black character Cleveland Brown on Family Guy:
Quote:
"On one hand I think this is ridiculous. If a voice actor has a voice that fits a certain character it shouldn't matter what the actor's ethnicity is.

On the other hand, this is progress. For many years voice acting in cartoons has been somewhat of a minstrel show, or a whitewashing of sorts in general, especially in modern times. It's good that cartoon makers are breaking away from this. People of color should be given the chance to voice act if they want to and more opportunities should be open to them."

https://able2know.org/topic/550717-5#post-7050820

In the same thread, you also said:
Quote:
"It used to be fashionable or socially acceptable to make jokes about homosexuality because that was something looked down upon.
You can't do that now because LGBTQIA advocacy groups will be after you.
You can't be publicly racist, especially on social media, and not get penalized for it."

Which is confusing to read, because do you want creators to be allowed to use homophobic and racist jokes without consequences? I asked this twice in the same thread, but you never responded.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:39 am
@Rebelofnj,
"Limey" is considered derogatory according to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limey
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:41 am
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

In the same thread, you also said:
Quote:
"It used to be fashionable or socially acceptable to make jokes about homosexuality because that was something looked down upon.
You can't do that now because LGBTQIA advocacy groups will be after you.
You can't be publicly racist, especially on social media, and not get penalized for it."

Which is confusing to read, because do you want creators to be allowed to use homophobic and racist jokes without consequences? I asked this twice in the same thread, but you never responded.

No. Definitely no racist jokes and homophobic jokes are off-the-wall.
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:53 am
@JGoldman10,
Then why did you lament that it is no longer socially acceptable to say jokes about homosexuality?

Why did you say "You can't be publicly racist, especially on social media, and not get penalized for it" like it is a bad thing?

You created yet another thread about PC culture, but you didn't respond to anyone, all of whom disagreed with you in some way.
https://able2know.org/topic/555209-1

One of them made a good point:
Quote:
1. You are arguing against political correctness. This implies that you think content shouldn't be censored just because it offends people.

2. Then you seem to be arguing that content should be censored because it offends people.

Which is it?
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 05:56 am
@Rebelofnj,
"Lament"? I don't agree with LGBTQIA stuff because it's anti-Christian. I was just making a statement.
izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:05 am
@JGoldman10,
It is not anti Christian. Your cult is bigoted towards LGBT people.

You are anti LGBT people because you are a bigot.

Don’t try to hide your bigotry behind your religion.

I don’t want to go around the roundabout of you quoting Leviticus and then going silent about the parts you don’t practice.

We’ve been there before.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:05 am
@JGoldman10,
We all know your views on homosexuality.

But why did you say this on the other thread:
Quote:
You can't be publicly racist, especially on social media, and not get penalized for it. Look what happened to people like Hulk Hogan, or Roseanne Barr or Rachel Ray or Micheal Richards or Gilbert Godfrey. I don't know if people could get away with being publicly racist decades ago; I don't know.

This isn't necessary a racial thing. I've read accounts of some African Americans who've lost their jobs or got in trouble some other kind of way because they were publicly racist.

So, do you want people to make racist jokes without consequences?
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:08 am
@Rebelofnj,
I said I am against racist jokes. There is a difference between racial humor and racist humor.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:18 am
@JGoldman10,
When talking about political correctness you need to look at all issues including race.

You can’t attack political correctness while benefitting from the way it treats people of colour.

As always your alleged 170 IQ has failed you and you have missed the point, reacting like someone with a significantly lower IQ by falling back on cheap insults and pointing out differences.

For your information Limey refers to the British Navy requiring its personnel to consume a lime every day. This was done to combat survey and it worked.

So I don’t mind being called someone who eats plenty of fresh fruit, and it is so much better than what we call you.

You will have noticed this this is the first time I’ve used the term, and it’s in response to your using xenophobic terms like there’s no tomorrow.

We call Americans septics, it’s rhyming slang septic tank, yank. And the reason it works so well is because they’re both full of ****. Now I wouldn’t call many other Americans septics because it’s rude, xenophobic and often incorrect, but it fits you to a T. You are so full of so much **** it’s a wonder you don’t explode.

JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:31 am
@Rebelofnj,
ABC was right to fire Roseanne Barr after learning she went online on social media and made a malicious, offensive, racist joke about a former aide to President Obama, who happened to be African American. Barr's joke was not funny - she cracked it to attack the lady with.

Barr was one of these white celebs who thought she could get away with being publicly racist because she's a celeb. She thought because she was a celeb that she was untouchable, that she wasn't going to be penalized.

Look what happened to Hulk Hogan, the Duck Dynasty guys, Rachel Ray, Gilbert Gottfried, Don Imus, Dog the Bounty Hunter and Michael Richards because they were all publicly racist.

If Dave Chappelle, Ken Jeong, Mister Fluffy or some other non-White celeb had been publicly and deliberately racist towards Whites would they have been penalized or would they have gotten away with it?

I have listened to and have seen George Carlin's stand-up comedy acts online, I am wondering how he got away with calling African American comedians the n-word in one of his comedy acts.
Rebelofnj

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:34 am
@JGoldman10,
It seems I found the real reason why you have issue with political correctness.
You said:
Quote:
I am wondering in this age of political correctness can I even produce the cartoons and comics I have said I wanted to produce and monetize online. There ARE content creators who have been penalized for the material they showcase on YouTube, for example.

It seems like there are parties out there that want to stifle your creativity, and if you don't comply with what THEY want you'll get penalized.

There are too many advocacy groups out there now. If you're entertaining kids, in this day and age, I was told you have to appease parents and teachers.

https://able2know.org/topic/555209-1

I doubt people are going to care enough to force you to change your work online, when there are literally millions of projects online with questionable and lewd content, most of which can be found on YouTube or even on TV.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:40 am
@izzythepush,
I don't want to know what White people in England call Blacks and other people of color, thank you. There are people of color living in England and in other parts of Europe. Africans and Asians moved to Europe in the '50s and '60s.

I know historically White English people called Blacks and other people of color "savages".

I know during WWI and/or WWII White European men told White European women that African American soldiers had tails. This was dumb; this was just going to make the women MORE curious about the soldiers.
JGoldman10

Mon 29 Mar, 2021 06:48 am
@izzythepush,
I am not a racist nor am I a xenophobe. Racism is not of God.