3

Don't Trust Fandango to Rate Your Movie

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:49 pm
Fivethirtyeight.com looked into Fandango's movie ratings. You should stick to RottenTomatoes.

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/hickey-datalab-fandango-2.png?w=610&h=486
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,059 • Replies: 3

1  
Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 12:58 pm
@engineer,
Who actually goes to Fandango to check out movie ratings? I only go there to buy tickets.

I take IMDb ratings with a grain of salt even though I rate every movie I see there in order to get a database of all the movies I see. There are still hundreds (if not thousands of movies) I haven't rated on the site which I've seen before becoming a member there in April 2000.

I do heavily rely on Rotten Tomatoes (but only the recognized Top Critics layer of reviews and score).

FosterPARU

2  
Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 06:11 am
@engineer,
That's a pretty interesting graphic. When it comes to movie reviews I always stick to rottentomatoes. I always had the feeling that they were pretty good, so glad you showed me the proof of it.

Agent1741

1  
Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2018 08:58 pm
Typically I find if the critics hate it I will like it. I do not generally go by reviews I like to make up my own mind. If its a continuation of another movie I generally see it if I liked the first although that's not always a good thing. I was disappointed by the new Blade Runner very much!