9
   

Is Hillary Clinton "jealous" of Kamala Harris?

 
 
Frank Apisa
 
  6  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 07:59 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:


This is the important question Frank.

Am I a Democrat? Should the Democratic party accept me as part of their coalition?

This doesn't mean that they have to accept my opinion on everything. It does mean that they have to treat me with respect as a voter even when I express an opinion apart from the party line.

Do the millions of American voters who mostly agree with the Democratic part but part on some issues deserve respect? Or should they be insulted and pushed out of the party.

This is the crucial question for the future. The left-wing extreme insulting anyone who dares stray from a increasingly narrow ideology doesn't help the Democratic party win elections.

My fear is that with both the Republicans and Democrats becoming more angry, extreme and self-righteous... maybe each can get away with insulting voters because there is no place else to go.

If Americans are divided in to the Trump-loving camp and the Hillary-loving camp with no in between, it is not a good thing for society in general. I am asking for a better choice.


I have no idea if you are a Democrat or not.

Everyone should be respected by both major political parties...and all the fringe ones also.

YOU should stop mistaking the attempts by the "far left" to facilitate their ideas about how we should be governed...

...for them disrespecting you.

They are not.

They are simply fighting for the things they feel ought to be part of civilized society.

Same goes for the "far right."

So long as they both stay within the bounds of law...they should be considered people advocating for their sensibilities. When they start breaking laws to advocate for their side...they should be subject to legal punishment.

maxdancona
 
  -3  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 10:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:



Here are the FACTS.

One...Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in the 2016 election...

...and two...Trump won anyway.

Those are the FACTS.

The rest of that **** is just conjecture...which you are refusing to acknowledge as conjecture.


The electoral college has been part of our system for centuries. You may not like it, but is reality. If you are trying to win a baseball game, and you are complaining the the other team is using an intentional walk or stealing second base you are an idiot. It is part of the rules of the game.

These are the facts

- Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in the 2016 election.
- Trump won any way.
- Trump had a 61% disapproval rating (meaning some people who voted for Trump disliked him and voted for him anyway).
- Hillary had a 52% disapproval rating (historically very high).
- Many of us voted for Hillary disliked her and voted for her anyway.
- Many American voters expressed feeling that Hillary had personally attacked them.

Hillary and her team are responsible for the results of her election. They should take responsibility, and the Democrats should learn from this **** up.

It is ridiculous to blame the electoral college (this is how the system works and everyone understands that). It is ridiculous to blame the attack ads (a successful campaign is able to respond). It is ridiculous to blame the gender of the candidate.

Trump was a blustering, offensive reality show host that most Americans disliked. The narrative that his election victory was inevitable seems ridiculous. All the Democrats had to do to beat Trump was put a reasonable candidate that Americans could trust and then run a competent campaign.

Hillary ran an arrogant campaign that focused on her gender and sent the message that Americans had to vote for her because she deserved it.


izzythepush
 
  3  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank seems to think his vote is worth more than anyone else’s, that it should jump through all manner of hoops just to please him.
Real Music
 
  2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 12:14 pm
@izzythepush,
I think you meant to say that:

Max seems to think his vote is worth more than anyone else’s, that it should jump through all manner of hoops just to please him.
Real Music
 
  3  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 12:23 pm
@izzythepush,
1. Max continues to imply that Max's vote should count more than others.

2. Max knows damn well that it is impossible for any political party to please everyone within their own political party.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 12:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:



Frank Apisa wrote:



Here are the FACTS.

One...Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in the 2016 election...

...and two...Trump won anyway.

Those are the FACTS.

The rest of that **** is just conjecture...which you are refusing to acknowledge as conjecture.


The electoral college has been part of our system for centuries. You may not like it, but is reality.


We agree. It has been a part of our system for over two hundred years...and I think it is an abomination.

But it exists...and I live with it.


Quote:
If you are trying to win a baseball game, and you are complaining the the other team is using an intentional walk or stealing second base you are an idiot. It is part of the rules of the game.


What is your point?

Quote:
These are the facts

- Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in the 2016 election.
- Trump won any way.
- Trump had a 61% disapproval rating (meaning some people who voted for Trump disliked him and voted for him anyway).
- Hillary had a 52% disapproval rating (historically very high).
- Many of us voted for Hillary disliked her and voted for her anyway.
- Many American voters expressed feeling that Hillary had personally attacked them.


1 and 2 are facts.

The rest is mostly conjecture. Pools (or ratings, as you call them) are unreliable...as we all found out.

Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump...and Trump won anyway.

Those are the facts.

Quote:
Hillary and her team are responsible for the results of her election. They should take responsibility, and the Democrats should learn from this **** up.


I appreciate that opinion...although I do not share it.

Quote:
It is ridiculous to blame the electoral college (this is how the system works and everyone understands that).


Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump...and Trump won anyway.

Not sure how you write off the Electoral College...and reconcile those FACTS.


Quote:
It is ridiculous to blame the attack ads (a successful campaign is able to respond). It is ridiculous to blame the gender of the candidate.


Okay, don't do it.

But if you are going to suppose that your conjecture of why Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump...and Trump won anyway...is definitive...you are all wet.


Quote:
Trump was a blustering, offensive reality show host that most Americans disliked. The narrative that his election victory was inevitable seems ridiculous. All the Democrats had to do to beat Trump was put a reasonable candidate that Americans could trust and then run a competent campaign.


I thank you for your suppositions even though I consider them bullshit.

Quote:
Hillary ran an arrogant campaign that focused on her gender and sent the message that Americans had to vote for her because she deserved it.


I thank you for that opinion even though I consider it bullshit.



maxdancona
 
  -2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 12:47 pm
Joe Biden beat Donald Trump and won the election. He won the electoral college handily (as well as the popular vote). Trump pull out all of the dirty tricks against Biden and Harris and they still won.

Joe Biden has a 68% approval. The majority of Americans say they like Joe Biden. I know you don't care about polls, but I do... it seems that more people like Joe Biden than voted for him. That is the way you win elections.

Joe Biden won by reaching out to voters. He didn't tell voters they were deplorable. He didn't run on gender. He didn't act like anyone owed him their vote. He didn't have a silly slogan that focused on who he was.

Biden and Harris simply offered a competent government. The campaign was focused on what America needs. They said they would work hard and that they would put the needs of Americans first.

Democrats should be more like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -4  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 12:54 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZscPjmWIAIHVy4.jpg

What the hell do you think this is?

The Phallic H always made me chuckle... this is crappy campaign messaging any way you look at it.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 01:18 pm
@Real Music,
I did. Sorry Frank.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  1  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 01:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
either we maintain an electoral college or we really institute "one man one vote"
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 01:44 pm
The rules are the rules. Everyone knew about the electoral college before the campaign started. If you want to change the electoral college for future elections, fine. But this is a different topic.

Hillary lost the election.
tsarstepan
 
  3  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 02:29 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The rules are the rules. Everyone knew about the electoral college before the campaign started. If you want to change the electoral college for future elections, fine. But this is a different topic.

Hillary lost the election.


Ironic and goofily unnecessary as this oblivious statement* is
This is the fracking topic of this thread.
JGoldman10 wrote:

Hi. I am just curious about this. Biden was inaugurated into office and so was Harris.

Hillary Clinton tried running for president back in 2016 and lost.

Is Clinton "jealous" that Kamala Harris made it into the White House as a vice president?

Please help. Thank you.

*NO ONE IS DISPUTING THAT CLINTON LOST THE PRESIDENCY. Max. The horse is dead. The horse is no longer a horse. It's a wasted skeleton after 4 years of natural, brutalistic decay. Hardly anything left but hair and bones.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 02:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Put it is as much angry outraged red as you want.

This thread is about Hillary losing the election. This thread is not about the electoral college. When a team loses a baseball game, it doesn't generally turn into a rant about the infield fly rule.

Hillary lost the election. That is a fact. If that "horse is dead"... then we can stop arguing about it. You are still arguing about it.

I don't want to argue (or hear more whining) about the electoral college. If you all stop bringing it up, I will leave the topic.

izzythepush
 
  4  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 02:38 pm
@maxdancona,
No it’s not, it’s a threat about whether Mrs Clinton is jealous of Mrs Harris.

And no amount of Goebbling from you will make it otherwise.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 02:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I don't want to argue (or hear more whining) about the electoral college. If you all stop bringing it up, I will leave the topic.




Electoral college.
Electoral college.
Electoral college.
Electoral college.
Electoral college.
0 Replies
 
Real Music
 
  3  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
You chose to jump onto a Clinton bashing thread, so did I.
I want to be here. I hope you do to.


1. Can you tell me how you took it upon yourself to proclaim this thread to be a Clinton bashing thread?

2. It seems to me that you took it upon yourself to proclaim this thread to be a Clinton bashing thread because that is what you want this thread to be.

3. If you want to take it upon yourself to make this thread into a Clinton bashing thread, go ahead.

4. The problem is you telling the rest of us what this thread is suppose to be about, when in actuality that is only what you want it to be.
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:11 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:


I don't want to argue (or hear more whining) about the electoral college. If you all stop bringing it up, I will leave the topic.


If there was any money in a libel suit, I'd win it here. I didn't bring up the electoral college. And presently NOT bringing it up. I'll assume you will leave the topic as self-directed in this post.
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
I believe it was Frank who first brought up the electoral college, here https://able2know.org/topic/555230-4#post-7103725

Hillary Clinton was an unpopular candidate who ran an arrogant, entitled and insulting campaign. That is why she lost an election that a decent Democratic candidate should have won.
tsarstepan
 
  2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Hillary Clinton was an unpopular candidate who ran an arrogant, entitled and insulting campaign.

Duh...
Quote:
That is why she lost an election that a decent Democratic candidate should have won.


Duh. So freaking what? You're enabling someone's (the OP's author) potential mental illness and lack of political awareness by staging this IRRELEVANT argument in his thread. You're bolstering his own conspiracy theory ladened mind. Because you cannot take this argument and open up a different thread where your rant would make relevant sense.

I can imagine some nutjob opens a terribly vile antisemitic thread and how Hitler should have been the king of the world, and you replying earnestly how Hitler did have some good points ... as you proceed to point out some really esoteric, innocuous bureaucratic way that Hitler improved ways how municipal parking tickets were handled and appealed by the drivers of Germany.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
And you getting upset how other people didn't appreciate you brining up tales of good bureaucracy and efficient government policies.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I'm not calling you antisemetic. I'm just calling you blind and incapable of reading a room/thread.
maxdancona
 
  -2  
Sun 24 Jan, 2021 03:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
If I wasn't enjoying this thread, I would leave it. If I stop responding to you people, this thread will end and be quickly forgotten. Same goes for you. I don't know you keep up with this.

You are frothing at the mouth about "conspiracy theories" and "nutjobs" and "Hitler". This is kind of my point.

I am not getting upset. I am here in part to make a point about liberal anger and extremism. In my opinion I am making my point (or we are making it together). When you get to the point that you invoke Hitler, it makes me feel smug.

I am enjoying this.


 

Related Topics

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, EVERYONE! - Discussion by OmSigDAVID
WIND AND WATER - Discussion by Setanta
Who ordered the construction of the Berlin Wall? - Discussion by Walter Hinteler
True version of Vlad Dracula, 15'th century - Discussion by gungasnake
ONE SMALL STEP . . . - Discussion by Setanta
History of Gun Control - Discussion by gungasnake
Where did our notion of a 'scholar' come from? - Discussion by TuringEquivalent
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/23/2021 at 07:13:06