Is Hillary Clinton "jealous" of Kamala Harris?

oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 02:04 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I have a higher level of emotional intelligence than Hillary does (and that is saying something).

I question your claim. You respond to polite facts with childish name-calling.

If you had a high emotional intelligence, you would not do that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 01:14 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Clinton wanted to be the first woman president of the U.S. Now another woman has that chance.

Jesus H. Christ, JG...that boat has sailed.

Get it?

Hillary lost...and conceded her loss. She will never be president, because I doubt she would ever run again. (Just a guess.)

My further guess is that she is happy that Kamala Harris is now the vice-president...and will be even happier if Harris eventually becomes the president. I suppose most women (except some of the female morons of the Republican Party) will be delighted to see a woman in that top job.

Stop projecting your pettiness on Hillary Clinton.

revelette3

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 01:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Trump said he wanted to help Israel and look what happened - the country ended up being divided and handed over to the Palestinians.

Have I missed something big in the international news? When did this happen?
RABEL222

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 03:24 pm
@revelette3,
I think Goldman reads lots of Isralie propaganda and not much real news.
oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 04:00 pm
@RABEL222,
I think Mr. Biden made the usual platitudes about resuming the peace process. Perhaps there was an article about that.

It's nothing to worry about though. Land For Peace will happen only when the Palestinians are finally willing to give Israel peace in exchange for land.

Since the Palestinians are never willing to make peace, this is something that is never going to happen.

There will probably eventually be a Palestinian state, but it will probably be the Gaza Strip all by itself.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 04:54 pm
@revelette3,
JGoldman10 wrote:
Trump said he wanted to help Israel and look what happened - the country ended up being divided and handed over to the Palestinians.

Heh.
oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 05:07 pm
@InfraBlue,
I propose that all Palestinians be henceforth referred to as "Gazans" in acknowledgement of the future reality that the Palestinian state will be comprised of the Gaza Strip alone.
InfraBlue

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 06:04 pm
@oralloy,
Heh heh.
oralloy

Thu 21 Jan, 2021 06:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
The only way the Palestinians were ever going to get the West Bank was through Land For Peace.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 02:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
From https://www.statista.com/statistics/1172346/share-us-adults-favorable-opinion-kamala-harris/ :

"As of January 2021, 32 percent of U.S. adults surveyed said they had a very unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris. On the other hand, 20 percent said they had a somewhat favorable opinion of her."

From https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/16/kamala-harris-polling-veep-396100 :

"Kamala Harris is the only candidate on either major party ticket with a net favorability rating that is positive, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday.

The California senator, announced last week as Joe Biden’s running mate, was viewed favorably by 39 percent of those polled, as opposed to 35 percent who viewed her unfavorably. That net rating of plus 4 tops the ratings of Biden (minus 6), President Donald Trump (minus 12) and Vice President Mike Pence (minus 5)."

The last article is from 08/16/2020.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/19/poll-approve-bidens-handling-of-transition-460288 :

"Roughly two-thirds of respondents in a CNN poll conducted this month said they approve of Biden’s performance during the presidential transition. The vast majority of those surveyed, 70 percent, disapprove of President Donald Trump’s handling of the post-election period.

An NBC News poll released on Tuesday also showed that most registered voters, 60 percent, approve of Biden’s handling of the transition, while a PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll showed a narrower margin of approval among Americans, 51 percent.

Additionally, Biden’s personal favorability rating in CNN polling has improved by 7 percentage points since October, now resting at 59 percent. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ favorability is 51 percent, its highest ever in CNN polling."

A LOT of people like Harris.

tsarstepan

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 07:32 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

https://imgur.com/QROUHjR.jpg
This entire post of Harris being likable/popular kind of makes the entirety of your thread against Hillary excessively pointless, doncha think.
0 Replies

engineer

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 07:38 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Clinton tried running and the media VILIFIED her. Remember the whole "emailgate" scandal, which was fabricated to make Clinton look bad? Apparently people LIKE Harris.

Because Harris wasn't at the top of the ticket, the attack press pretty much ignored her. Sure there were a few slanders (you can read them on this board) but they pretty much focused on Biden. I wouldn't assume that the people who disliked Clinton like Harris, only that they haven't had the energy to ramp up attacks against her.
izzythepush

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 07:45 am
Look at it from Mr Goldman’s side. He’s envious of anybody that has done anything. He on the other hand hasn’t failed at anything, because he hasn’t done anything. He has spent his entire time on A2K, and the intervening years it would appear, “researching,” procrastinating and generally looking for excuses not to do anything all washed down with a hearty glass of weird religious bigotry.

He can’t think outside of his own head, so on those countless times when he imagines himself as Mrs Clinton he feels extremely jealous of Mrs Harris, so she must.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 08:15 am
@engineer,
As a data point.

1) I like Kamala Harris so far.

2) I have disliked Hillary Clinton since the 1990s and her behavior running up to 2016 was unforgivable. Hillary threw the election to Donald Trump.

Hillary Clinton is the worst of elitism, self-righteousness and wounded entitlement (other than Trump of course).

Comparing Kamala to Hillary is deeply unfair.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 08:53 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

From https://www.statista.com/statistics/1172346/share-us-adults-favorable-opinion-kamala-harris/ :

"As of January 2021, 32 percent of U.S. adults surveyed said they had a very unfavorable opinion of the Democratic Vice President Kamala Harris. On the other hand, 20 percent said they had a somewhat favorable opinion of her."

From https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/16/kamala-harris-polling-veep-396100 :

"Kamala Harris is the only candidate on either major party ticket with a net favorability rating that is positive, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Sunday.

The California senator, announced last week as Joe Biden’s running mate, was viewed favorably by 39 percent of those polled, as opposed to 35 percent who viewed her unfavorably. That net rating of plus 4 tops the ratings of Biden (minus 6), President Donald Trump (minus 12) and Vice President Mike Pence (minus 5)."

The last article is from 08/16/2020.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/19/poll-approve-bidens-handling-of-transition-460288 :

"Roughly two-thirds of respondents in a CNN poll conducted this month said they approve of Biden’s performance during the presidential transition. The vast majority of those surveyed, 70 percent, disapprove of President Donald Trump’s handling of the post-election period.

An NBC News poll released on Tuesday also showed that most registered voters, 60 percent, approve of Biden’s handling of the transition, while a PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll showed a narrower margin of approval among Americans, 51 percent.

Additionally, Biden’s personal favorability rating in CNN polling has improved by 7 percentage points since October, now resting at 59 percent. Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’ favorability is 51 percent, its highest ever in CNN polling."

What the hell is your point?

Of course a lot of people like Harris. I think she is terrific...competent and capable.

Of course a lot of people like Hillary Clinton. I think she is terrific...competent and capable.

So what the hell is your point?
revelette3

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 09:03 am
@Frank Apisa,
It was a pointless petty point for no good reason other than another reason to backhandedly smear Hillary Clinton. She makes an easy target for the right.

There might have been a part of Hillary that was bound to feel a little miffed, after all, she did run for President and I imagine she did want to hear those words, "Madam President." But so what; like ya'll say; she was more than likely happy for Kamala Harris too. Very happy I would even go so far as to say since we are speculating.
Real Music

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 09:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Of course a lot of people like Harris. I think she is terrific...competent and capable.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Of course a lot of people like Hillary Clinton. I think she is terrific...competent and capable.

I agree wholeheartedly.
maxdancona

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 09:32 am
@Real Music,
I think comparisons between Hillary and Kamala are incredibly unfair to Kamala. I assume that Kamala will run for the top job in 2024.

Kamala does not want to be tied to Hillary Clinton. Kamala is her own person and Hillary comes with quite a bit of baggage.

The last Favorability Poll I can find for Hillary Clinton has her approval rating at 36% (in 2018). That is lower than Trump... even now.

hightor

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 09:47 am
(Just shaking my head that this stupid question got any response at all.)
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 22 Jan, 2021 10:00 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I think comparisons between Hillary and Kamala are incredibly unfair to Kamala.

1. I think comparisons between Hillary and Kamala is unfair to both of them.
2. I genuinely like both Hillary and Kamala.
3. I genuinely admire both Hillary and Kamala.
4. I genuinely respect both Hillary and Kamala.
5. I genuinely revere both Hillary and Kamala.
6. I wish the very best for both Hillary and Kamala.
7. Let's be clear. I am not the one doing the comparison between the two individuals.
8. The real question is: Are you the one doing the comparison of these two individuals?
0 Replies