Is Hillary Clinton "jealous" of Kamala Harris?

izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 08:07 am
@maxdancona,
What absolute shite. Most of us wonder where all of the extreme vitriol and hatred towards Mrs Clinton comes from which is a far cry from making her a cult figure.

If anyone is doing that it’s the likes of you and Lash, constantly banging on and on about her during the Trump presidency whilst those who actually voted for her kept quiet.

You don’t like Mrs Clinton because she’s a woman and now you’re pretending to like Mrs Harris in order to save face.

Mrs Clinton seemed a fairly competent and reasonable politician. That’s the extent of my feelings for her. I do, however, think you are a truly horrible person who makes every thread about you and your self righteous narcissistic arrogance.
Frank Apisa

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 08:50 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What absolute shite. Most of us wonder where all of the extreme vitriol and hatred towards Mrs Clinton comes from which is a far cry from making her a cult figure.

If anyone is doing that it’s the likes of you and Lash, constantly banging on and on about her during the Trump presidency whilst those who actually voted for her kept quiet.

You don’t like Mrs Clinton because she’s a woman and now you’re pretending to like Mrs Harris in order to save face.

Mrs Clinton seemed a fairly competent and reasonable politician. That’s the extent of my feelings for her. I do, however, think you are a truly horrible person who makes every thread about you and your self righteous narcissistic arrogance.

Nicely said, Izzy.
izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
The problem is Max is Mr Alternative facts personified. He constantly makes claims over and over again then asserts they’re factual, just like his mentor Goebbels.

He doesn’t even appreciate what a fact is due to his science background. Not everything is hard and fast, black and white. That is particularly the case on the thread about comparative charitable giving between the right and left.

He categorised research as factual without asking any of the right questions. Who conducted the research, what sort of samples did they use, what was classed as charitable giving etc.

Instead he just accepted the findings wholesale and attacked others as not being interested in “facts”.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 09:52 am
"Fairly decent" politicians do not lose to Donald Trump.

Hillary Clinton lost the election in 2016. It was not because she is a woman. She lost the election because she was self-righteous and entitled. She insulted voters as she was taking their votes for granted as if the deserved them. She lost because she was a crappy candidate.

Hillary supporters want to be the big victim. So do Trump supporters.
maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 10:14 am
I highly respect Kamala Harris.

She built her own political career San Francisco. She took strong stands on controversial issues. She weathered every attack and every setback. When things went wrong she took responsibility.

Now she is Vice President, and she is in my opinion one of the best prospects to be the President. She will make a great president.

Hopefully we can at least agree on this.
izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 10:31 am
@maxdancona,
The only person playing the victim is you, as always. The people who supported Mrs Clinton in 2016 have moved on and supported Mr Biden.

The person bringing up Mrs Clinton is Mr Goldman, a religious fruitcake.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 10:32 am
@maxdancona,
It’s pretty hard to agree with someone who lies all the time.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 11:40 am
Trump, in 2016, had a 61% disapproval rating. Americans, in general, did not like Donald Trump. Many of them voted for Trump any way because they disliked Hillary even more. (Of course the reverse is also true, these were two horrible candidates, but Trump squeaked by).

If you really believe that Hillary lost to Trump was because she was a woman, think about what that means?

What lesson will you take from the 2016 election? How do you propose that we avoid losing again.

I believe that Hillary lost to Trump because she was a horrible candidate who ran on a out of touch, self-indulgent platform and insulted voters. There are lots of capable women, including Kamala, who would have won the 2016 election.
izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 11:49 am
@maxdancona,
Mrs Clinton lost in 2016. We’ve had four years of Trump and Biden is now president and you’re still going on about Mrs Clinton. It’s like you’re obsessed.

I see you fail to mention the lies about pizzas satanism paedophilia and child sacrifice.

That had an impact.

And you ignore the fact Mrs Clinton won the popular vote.

Nobody is saying Mrs Clinton lost because she is a woman, I’m saying you don’t like Mrs Clinton because she is a woman.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 12:44 pm
Izzy is a foreign troll... but it is still funny

If you are participating in a thread about Hillary Clinton, you can't accuse other people of being "obsessed with Hillary Clinton".
maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 12:52 pm
Seriously though, there is a bigger problem here for the Democrats.

Hillary Clinton was a divisive figure (and obviously remains so), but it isn't just Hillary Clinton. She represents a wing of the Democratic party. They are angry. They are easily offended. They are entitled.

I find common ground with the Democratic party on most things. I agree more with with Democrats on Immigration reform, covid response, foreign policy, health care. The Democrats should be reaching out to me for my vote (and actually they still have it... I did hold my nose and vote for Hillary).

Is there any person on this thread who accepts me as a Democrat?

I am only one person, but if the Democratic party pushes away millions of voters because they aren't ideologically pure enough, they will lose elections.

Look at the insults on this thread.... these are the typical kneejerk insults that are being lobbed at people who should be voting for the Democratic candidate.

Hillary represents exactly the kneejerk, divisive, nastiness that is being shown on this thread. If Democratic party wants to have success in upcoming elections, they are going to have to stop insulting potential voters.
Frank Apisa

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 12:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Izzy is a foreign troll... but it is still funny

If you are participating in a thread about Hillary Clinton, you can't accuse other people of being "obsessed with Hillary Clinton".

Yeah, he is not an American.

But he is a lot closer to the truth than you are on this issue.

Hillary Clinton DID receive 3,000,000 MORE VOTES THAN TRUMP.

Trump won legitimately...but only because of the absurdity of our unfair system for the selection of our president.

Hillary Clinton beat Trump by 3,000,000 votes.
izzythepush

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 01:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Whenever Max is losing the argument he tries to wrap himself in the flag.

All he has is xenophobia, then again being born an American remains his greatest achievement.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 01:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Yes, it is a fact that Hillary received 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. That is absolutely true. I agree.

Do you agree that a capable won could have run a better campaign in 2016 and beaten Trump? Trump had a 61% unfavorable rating just before the election. People who really didn't like Trump voted for him anyway because he was running against Hillary.

Both of these facts are true.

maxdancona

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 01:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
This is the important question Frank.

Am I a Democrat? Should the Democratic party accept me as part of their coalition?

This doesn't mean that they have to accept my opinion on everything. It does mean that they have to treat me with respect as a voter even when I express an opinion apart from the party line.

Do the millions of American voters who mostly agree with the Democratic part but part on some issues deserve respect? Or should they be insulted and pushed out of the party.

This is the crucial question for the future. The left-wing extreme insulting anyone who dares stray from a increasingly narrow ideology doesn't help the Democratic party win elections.

My fear is that with both the Republicans and Democrats becoming more angry, extreme and self-righteous... maybe each can get away with insulting voters because there is no place else to go.

If Americans are divided in to the Trump-loving camp and the Hillary-loving camp with no in between, it is not a good thing for society in general. I am asking for a better choice.

vikorr

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 02:09 pm
@maxdancona,
I made comment on the guns thread that Americans (in total) seem to becoming more extreme in their political views - I guess it shouldn't surprise me if the politicians are doing the same.

Here in Australia, I've been apolitical in terms of political parties for 2 decades or so - because I see our political parties and most politiicans as too untrustworthy, and its getting worse. It amazes me how much trust people in the US seem to place in their politicians and political parties.
RABEL222

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:33 pm
@vikorr,
It might surprise you just how many citizens don't trust politicians. Both consertive and democrat.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 23 Jan, 2021 04:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I find common ground with the Democratic party on most things. I agree more with with Democrats on Immigration reform, covid response, foreign policy, health care. The Democrats should be reaching out to me for my vote

Same here.

maxdancona wrote:
(and actually they still have it... I did hold my nose and vote for Hillary).

Here we differ. The Democrats have lost my vote.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 24 Jan, 2021 04:01 am
@maxdancona,
I’m not talking about Mrs Clinton, I’m talking about your obsession with her.

Most of us hadn’t given her a second thought since the election. Who gives a **** what she thinks about Mrs Harris? I don’t, she’s yesterday’s news and then some.

Not you though, any excuse to air your obsession and try unsuccessfully to specifically tie it to Mrs Clinton instead of your general misogyny.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 24 Jan, 2021 07:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:

Yes, it is a fact that Hillary received 3,000,000 more votes than Trump. That is absolutely true. I agree.

Okay...that IS a fact...and we apparently do agree.

Quote:
Do you agree that a capable won could have run a better campaign in 2016 and beaten Trump?

I agree that it is POSSIBLE that someone else could have beaten Trump...but I also would have thought it HIGHLY LIKELY that someone would beat Trump in the Republican Primary.

Perhaps NO ONE could have beaten Trump in 2016. I cannot think of anyone I would have chosen as a better candidate than Hillary Clinton.

Quote:
Trump had a 61% unfavorable rating just before the election.

And???

Trump won...even though Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than he.

My guess is that just about anyone running on the Democratic Party ticket in 2016 would have fallen victim to that incredible failing in our election laws called The Electoral College.

Quote:
People who really didn't like Trump voted for him anyway because he was running against Hillary.

Perhaps. But perhaps dynamics were in play that you refuse to see.

Quote:
Both of these facts are true.

Here are the FACTS.

One...Hillary Clinton got 3,000,000 more votes than Trump in the 2016 election...

...and two...Trump won anyway.

Those are the FACTS.

The rest of that **** is just conjecture...which you are refusing to acknowledge as conjecture.