Trump's Tax Returns are Finally Public

oralloy

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 07:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Trump did not only declare that John McCain was a "loser", he also declared that McCain (a former prisoner of war) was "not a war hero".

John McCain was a traitor who liked to stab his friends in the back.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 08:34 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you guys are really panicking over these tax docs. It does make Trump a valuable asset to those to whom he owes th money eh? Conversely hes a danger to us.

I think the folks who are seeing this reasonably (lots of time spent on this very subject by two separate jurisdictions).

"You guys" here on A2K, or "You guys" Republican news heads you read about on various hate sites?

Personally, it does not effect me or my vote other than a topic to discuss.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2020 08:35 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes, it is, but the "Atlantic" story is from anonymous sources and is contradicted by an eyewitness.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:43 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If we find out that Biden has tax problem, even outright fraud, I am still voting for Biden.

Guess what? I'm not voting for Joe Biden.
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:49 am
Michael Cohen says release of Trump’s tax returns is ‘the beginning of the end for Donald Trump’
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:56 am
@hightor,
I'm guessing that Mr. Cohen is not going to get a pardon.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:57 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Do you finally see that Mr. Trump is the best man to lead America?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 04:39 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
If we find out that Biden has tax problem, even outright fraud, I am still voting for Biden.

What’s that mean? That you’re voting against Donald Trump?
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:05 am
@snood,
Quote:
That you’re voting against Donald Trump?

Bingo!

Actually it's not even a lesser of two evils decision — while not ideal, Biden's a decent candidate. But people like max need to understand that having a reason to vote against particular candidates is a perfectly adequate, and likely common, motivation to cast a ballot for any of their opponents. max acts as if the NYT shouldn't have even broken this story and should be covering other issues instead. I think it's an important piece of investigative journalism and could help to peel off some of Trump's less ideological supporters. All seventeen of them.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:25 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
people like max need to understand that having a reason to vote against particular candidates is a perfectly adequate, and likely common, motivation to cast a ballot for any of their opponents.

Since Max has repeatedly made this very point, I think he understands the concept.

https://able2know.org/topic/546319-1#post-6971251
https://able2know.org/topic/549375-2#post-7026442
https://able2know.org/topic/549554-2#post-7028206

I encourage the left to make "never standing for anything useful" a recurring election strategy. Keep up the good work.
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:40 am
@oralloy,
Hey, good work digging up those posts, oralloy!

Quote:
Since Max has repeatedly made this very point, I think he understands the concept.

But in this thread he's not taking that line:

maxdancona wrote:
The undecided voters are undecided because they are afraid of liberal extremism. People who love Trump are not undecided voters, to be undecided you need to have been pushed away by both sides.

Quote:
I encourage the left to make "never standing for anything useful" a recurring election strategy.

Voting Trump out of office is more than "useful" if we really want to see progress on, as max said, "Immigration and Health Care and Civil rights and Climate Change". It's imperative.

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:54 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Voting Trump out of office is more than "useful" if we really want to see progress on, as max said, "Immigration and Health Care and Civil rights and Climate Change". It's imperative.

"Saying that you don't like your opponent" is not standing for anything.
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:00 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

"Saying that you don't like your opponent" is not standing for anything.

Voting Trump out of office is standing up for the country's democratic traditions.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:04 am
@hightor,
I encourage the left to make "I don't like the other guy" their primary election theme from now on. Keep up the good work.
hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:05 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Joe Biden's son was paid a ridiculous sum by a Ukrainian gas company for no discernable reason other than his connection to the Vice President.

Okay.

Last week, an investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against the Democratic presidential nominee and his son Hunter found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president. The investigation concluded that Hunter Biden’s work for a scandal-plagued Ukrainian energy company, while “problematic,” did not affect his father’s handling of American foreign policy.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:11 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I encourage the left to make "I don't like the other guy" their primary election theme from now on.

That's highly unrealistic. It's a sentiment often expressed by disaffected voters but it's not a position a major party candidate would use. It's rather dumb, actually, since there are plenty of effective issues which can make the other guy even more unlikable.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:14 am

https://i.imgur.com/xEmECxv.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:17 am
@hightor,
I understand that it's a losing strategy. I think it is better for America if progressives lose. Therefore I encourage them to keep using it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:22 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I believe (or at least strongly suspect) that both stories are true. I just don't think the taxes are very important at this point.

Yeah. Al Capone thought that same thing about his.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 08:17 am

https://i.imgur.com/FICCYdY.jpg