Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee.

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:52 pm
It's time for the Democrats to rally around Joe Biden. Biden won Michigan, that is the primary race. The campaign is over. Bernie is not going to win the nomination.

I hope (and expect) that Bernie will concede fairly quickly. I am also hoping that Bernie Sander's supporters can get over their loss quickly. The real battle to defeat Trump starts tomorrow.

Joe Biden is our guy. Let's make sure he wins.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,140 • Replies: 44

Real Music

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 07:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Joe Biden is our guy. Let's make sure he wins.

I am with you. Joe Biden definitely has my vote.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 08:26 pm

Yeah, a crazy old white man to represent the Democrats... nice.
Real Music

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 08:43 pm
@McGentrix,

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 10:35 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, much worse than a sociopathic old white man representing the Republicans.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:09 am
@Real Music,
Falsely claiming that a long gun with a pistol grip is a "weapon of war" does not make it OK for Biden to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Biden is lying when he says that he respects the Second Amendment. People who respect the Second Amendment do not try to violate it for no reason.

If Biden is the nominee, voting for Trump will preserve our civil liberties.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:14 am
Now he can pursue Tulsi Gabbard as his running mate!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:44 am

#Joementum
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 05:21 am
The biggest advantage of Biden is that he isn't Trump.

Yes, Trump is the incumbent. The election will be a referendum on Trump. The attacks on Biden aren't going to work with a president who has a 43% approval rating. Trump now has to make the case that he deserves a second term.

The election is a lot more boring with Biden as the nominee. I think that is a good thing.
oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 10:16 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The election will be a referendum on Trump.

I disagree. I think the 2020 election will be a referendum on the Democratic nominee.

maxdancona wrote:
The attacks on Biden aren't going to work with a president who has a 43% approval rating.

We'll see.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:32 pm
@oralloy,
a vote for Trump is a vote for a fascist state arising. He will probably try to nullify the election based on his "monitoring of the Coronavirus" pandemic.

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
you do notice that the operachik like Layman and gunga are back and Twits like pinky are getting cocky.I suppose the Ukraine "crimes" will begin to surface even though theres nothing there.
Whatever happened to the phony URANIUM 1 or PIZZAGATE???
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 02:25 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Falsely claiming that a long gun with a pistol grip is a "weapon of war" does not make it OK for Biden to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Yeah, he should have said that the AR-15 is a weapon of assault.

oralloy wrote:
Biden is lying when he says that he respects the Second Amendment. People who respect the Second Amendment do not try to violate it for no reason.

So then, by this criteria Biden isn't lying seeing as how he is not trying to violate the Second Amendment at all, for whatever reason.

oralloy wrote:
If Biden is the nominee, voting for Trump will preserve our civil liberties.

Voting for Biden would preserve our civil liberties also, as well as bring sensible gun control to the country.
oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
a vote for Trump is a vote for a fascist state arising.

Fascists oppose civil liberties.

Mr. Trump protects our civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
He will probably try to nullify the election based on his "monitoring of the Coronavirus" pandemic.

He doesn't have that power. Just vote absentee for the rest of the year.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I suppose the Ukraine "crimes" will begin to surface even though theres nothing there.

We won't know that there is nothing there until we have a special prosecutor conduct a massive investigation into Mr. Biden and his entire family.

But why does it matter even if there is actually nothing there? It's very unlikely that Mr. Biden will be elected. But if he is, impeach him regardless of what the evidence shows.

And go all the way and have the Senate convict him too. And then criminally prosecute him and his family and send them all to prison.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

That falsehood would also not make it OK for Mr. Biden to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

InfraBlue wrote:
So then, by this criteria Biden isn't lying seeing as how he is not trying to violate the Second Amendment at all, for whatever reason.

That is incorrect. Mr. Biden is trying to violate the Second Amendment. Mr. Biden is lying when he says that he is not.

It is the nature of progressives to lie and say that they are not violating your civil liberties right when they are actually violating your civil liberties.

I think it's because progressives are so used to "believing what they are told to believe" that they just expect everyone else to do the same.

InfraBlue wrote:
Voting for Biden would preserve our civil liberties also,

That is incorrect. Mr. Biden intends to actively violate everyone's civil liberties.

InfraBlue wrote:
as well as bring sensible gun control to the country.

It never fails that any time someone opposes civil liberties, they invoke some version of "common sense".
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:19 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

That falsehood would also not make it OK for Mr. Biden to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

That is not a falsehood. There would be no violation of people's civil liberties at all.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

That is incorrect. Mr. Biden is trying to violate the Second Amendment. Mr. Biden is lying when he says that he is not.

Wrong. Biden is not trying to violate the Second Amendment.

oralloy wrote:

It is the nature of progressives to lie and say that they are not violating your civil liberties right when they are actually violating your civil liberties.

I think it's because progressives are so used to believing what they are told to believe that they expect everyone else to just do the same.

Wrong. There is no lie and no violation of civil liberties in reasonable gun control that Biden is advocating.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Voting for Biden would preserve our civil liberties also,

That is incorrect. Mr. Biden intends to actively violate everyone's civil liberties.

Wrong. Biden's intentions are not an active violation of anyone's civil liberties.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
as well as bring sensible gun control to the country.

It never fails that any time someone opposes civil liberties, they invoke some version of "common sense".

Ok. However, there is no opposition to civil liberties here, so your contention is irrelevant.
oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:52 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
That is not a falsehood.

Claiming that a semi-auto-only weapon "is a weapon of assault" is a falsehood.

InfraBlue wrote:
There would be no violation of people's civil liberties at all.

Outlawing pistol grips on a semi-auto rifle violates people's civil liberties.

InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. Biden is not trying to violate the Second Amendment.

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles violates the Second Amendment.

InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. There is no lie and no violation of civil liberties in reasonable gun control that Biden is advocating.

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is a violation of civil liberties.

Therefore Biden is lying when he says that he is not trying to violate people's civil liberties.

It never fails that people who oppose civil liberties use terms like "reasonable".

InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. Biden's intentions are not an active violation of anyone's civil liberties.

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles violates people's civil liberties.

InfraBlue wrote:
Ok. However, there is no opposition to civil liberties here, so your contention is irrelevant.

Outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles violates people's civil liberties.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy, I was hoping this would be a thread about political strategy rather than a continuation of this political sniping. We all know each others views on guns (it's been done on countless threads).

The relevant question is this (and I am curious to hear your answer).

Is Biden's stance on guns worse than Barack Obama's stance? The reason I ask this is that Obama won the national election twice. If his views are no better than Biden's, then Biden's ability to reach out to the centrist voters on this issue is less in question.
oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2020 05:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Is Biden's stance on guns worse than Barack Obama's stance?

No worse. Mr. Obama also wanted to violate people's civil liberties, and wanted to do it for no reason other than his own sadistic pleasure.

maxdancona wrote:
The reason I ask this is that Obama won the national election twice. If his views are no better than Biden's, then Biden's ability to reach out to the centrist voters on this issue is less in question.

Keep in mind that when Mr. Obama squandered the entire first hundred days of his second term in a futile attempt to violate people's civil liberties, he ensured that he would not achieve any meaningful legislation in his second term.

This do-nothing presidency led to Donald Trump's election in 2016.

Electing a president who will not achieve anything because the only thing that he cares about is violating people's civil liberties is not the wisest idea.

Although it's really nothing that anyone will have to worry about. Mr. Trump will be reelected.

1. Forums
  2. » Joe Biden will be the Democratic nominee.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:37:32