Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 08:39 am
@Region Philbis,
news analysis at its simplest and best
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 09:04 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I understand that it's a losing strategy.

oralloy, I'm shocked that you would consider handicapping one of the two major parties by suggesting they employ a losing strategy. That's not cricket!
DavidA4

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:29 pm
Kind of already knew he didn't pay much based on his own words. I think the most damning part is the debt. To owe that much money and have it due for repayment in a few years is extremely compromising. There are government positions that you cannot even get if you have that kind of debt.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:52 pm
@DavidA4,
DavidA4 wrote:

Kind of already knew he didn't pay much based on his own words. I think the most damning part is the debt. To owe that much money and have it due for repayment in a few years is extremely compromising. There are government positions that you cannot even get if you have that kind of debt.

I think the debt is not that much a problem for him. He is probably setting up payments on his debts via the Treasury.

With Mnuchin's help, all this debt nonsense will just go away.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:52 pm

https://i.imgur.com/kgOch9d.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:53 pm
@DavidA4,
DavidA4 wrote:

What makes you think that number is true? The NYT refuses to provide any proof.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:55 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/kgOch9d.jpg

He does not take into account only a traitor would do that. The traitor left office in early 2017.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 03:45 pm
@farmerman,
You cannot hold a security clearance if you carry massive debt. That's why security clearances are routinely reviewed and updated. Living way beyond your means is a big tell sign. It doesn't always mean you are selling secrets, it could mean you are engaged criminal activity such as kickbacks, graft, or some other scheme to defraud the taxpayers of this nation.

unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
... will put an end to their abuse of the law to persecute people who they disagree with.

That is as American as apple pie. Ever heard of Smelly Joe Mc?

Also as American as apple pie is slaughtering innocents abroad and within.

And forced sterilization of people less than white. Want a slice?
unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
You cannot hold a security clearance if you carry massive debt.

But you can if you hold massive wealth, no matter where you stole it from. Another of the many sordid american as apple pie realities.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:39 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
oralloy, I'm shocked that you would consider handicapping one of the two major parties by suggesting they employ a losing strategy. That's not cricket!

I'm not responsible for bad people choosing to employ bad strategy. Evil just naturally self destructs.

All I do is poke a bit of fun at evil as it self destructs.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:41 pm
@unable2know,
unable2know wrote:
Also as American as apple pie is slaughtering innocents abroad and within.

Hardly innocent. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets, and we were defending ourselves from Japanese aggression.
0 Replies

unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:42 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Evil just naturally self destructs.

That hasn't happened to either the usa or the uk, the two most evil "nations" ever.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:43 pm
@unable2know,
Hardly evil. Don't be silly.

As I said, the atomic bombs were dropped on military targets. We were defending ourselves from Japanese aggression.
unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 05:52 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Hardly evil. Don't be silly.

Indonesia - 1 to 1.5 million slaughtered

"It really was a big help to the army," said Robert J. Martens, a former member of the U.S. Embassy's political section who is now a consultant to the State Department. "They probably killed a lot of people, and I probably have a lot of blood on my hands, but that's not all bad. There's a time when you have to strike hard at a decisive moment."
===============

Then the usa/uk bloodbath continued in East Timor - 1/3 of the countries citizens slaughtered.

And then the "Jakarta Method" was exported to Brazil, Chile, ... .

ekename

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:04 pm
@unable2know,
Tell us about East Timor.

unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:07 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Hardly evil.

MyLai and the hundreds of other MyLais.
ekename

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:10 pm
@unable2know,
Quote:
MyLai

Wrong country, tell me about East Timor.
0 Replies

unable2know

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:16 pm
@ekename,
Quote:
Tell us about East Timor.

Let's discuss the million to million and a half people murdered by the usa/uk in Indonesia who armed, funded, and diplomatically protected the vicious right wing Suharto who overthrow the elected government of Sukarno.
oralloy

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 06:19 pm
@unable2know,
Let's focus on the fact that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets and we were only defending ourselves from Japanese aggression.
0 Replies