Let's fire Trump

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:18 am
@izzythepush,
I get what you're saying. I certainly would listen to the moderators' council on this. I think I let the twerp get me close to line last night, but conversely he got just as close.

I'll ease up on the weasel. Just a bit. When he's got his facts wrong (usually) or cites hinky sources(almost always) I will point them out.

This covid19 which they keep saying is a hoax has interfered with my medical treatment and my life literally depends on it. It actually puts my dog into this fight. It makes me less tolerant of the deniers' shenanigans.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:20 am
@snood,
Quote:
shut down the thread first

That just might be their goal. Now that argument actually resonates with me.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 08:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I don’t read him at all. The only time is when others quote him, and even then I try not to read his stuff.

He has nothing, he reads far right websites that have no bearing on the truth at all. These sources claim there are no go areas in Birmingham, there aren’t it’s nonsense.

If I talk to him I’m tacitly saying that his far right nonsense is worthy of consideration. It’s not, it’s Nazi filth and it’s mostly lies.

He knows I don’t talk to him which is why he’s so desperate for my attention. He’s not getting it because he’s not worthy.

If you ignore him he’ll be as desperate for your attention as he is for mine. Don’t give it to him.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 09:06 am
@izzythepush,
We'll see. Right now I'm not as angry as I was for the last two days.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 09:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
The most succinct statement is that you're feeding a troll. It's not worth it. I gave up talking to the fool, and you can, too.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 09:10 am
@Setanta,
I'll take the pledge. Again.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 11:02 am
https://able2know.org/topic/355218-4374#post-7002467
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The most succinct statement is that you're feeding a troll

A troll does not post articles, source them, and defend them.
Quote:
I gave up talking to the fool,

You gave up because you look like a fool every time you do. The end.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 11:33 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
He has nothing, he reads far right websites that have no bearing on the truth at all.

Those websites have not been lying for the past three years. You are only capable of gossip. Men do not gossip. Enough said.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 02:25 pm
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/chaotic-disaster-obama-hits-trump-s-coronavirus-response-warns-disinformation-n1203806

The former president was also critical of the Justice Department directing prosecutors to drop their case against Michael Flynn, warning that the “rule of law is at risk.”

May 9, 2020, 3:33 PM EDT

By Mike Memoli

After largely staying out of the fray since leaving the White House, former President Barack Obama pointedly criticized the Trump administration on a range of issues while also sounding the alarm about the spread of misinformation ahead of the presidential election as he rallied former members of his administration to join him in doing all they can to back his former vice president.

In a call with thousands of alumni of his administration Friday night, the contents of which were first reported by Yahoo! News, Obama also was harshly critical of the Justice Department directing prosecutors to drop its case against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, warning that the “rule of law is at risk.”

This is how “democracies become autocracies,” he warned.

And Obama slammed the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic as an “absolute chaotic disaster.”

“What we're fighting against is these long-term trends in which being selfish, being tribal, being divided, and seeing others as an enemy — that that has become a stronger impulse in American life,” Obama said according to audio provided to Yahoo! News, the authenticity of which was confirmed by multiple sources who participated on the call.

“It's part of the reason why the response to this global crisis has been so anemic, and spotty, and it would have been bad, even with the best of governments,” he said.

More at the link.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 03:29 pm
Donald Trump's father was arrested at a Ku Klux Klan rally, reports suggest

Fred Trump said to be present during mass in New York, with some reports claiming he was wearing KKK attire

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-father-kkk-ku-klux-klan-rally-arrest-report-suggestions-a7607556.html

Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Ku Klux Klan riot in the 1920s, news reports from the time suggest.

An article from a June 1927 edition of the New York Times records seven men being arrested after a brawl in New York, including “Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Road, Jamaica” – the same name and address as the current US President’s father.

The fight was said to have been between members of the white supremacist Klan and supporters of the Italian fascist movement.

Former KKK head David Duke celebrates Donald Trump's inauguration

Under the headline ‘Klan assails policemen”, the article, first uncovered by the BoingBoing blog, details how Mr Trump was one of those detained after a “battle” in which “1,000 Klansmen and 100 policemen staged a free-for-all”.

It quotes the then New York Police Commissioner, Joseph Warren, saying the Klansmen wore gowns and had hoods covering their faces.

Having been represented by the same lawyer as the six other men, Fred Trump was “discharged” – the only one of the seven not to be charged with a criminal offence.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:50 pm
Quote:
Friday 3 March 2017 08:25

Old news. Did nothing then. Does nothing now.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 07:55 am
'Republicans for Biden' movement organizing to take down Donald Trump: 'It's going to take off'
Now, according to a new report in The Daily Beast, there are efforts underway to organize a more formal “Republicans for Biden” effort.

“Interviews with several of the most prominent NeverTrump Republicans reveal that for now, the nascent effort is loosely defined and could ultimately take a variety of forms. But preliminary talks about messaging, engagement, leadership, and roll out are starting to be broadly sketched out,” The Beast reported, citing “sources directly familiar with the matter.”

One former top GOP official summarized the situation.

“I’ve had several conversations with people who have approached me. It’s going to take off, it’s going to happen,” the former official told The Beast. “The question is to what degree and form it does.”

The Beast also reported on who may be involved:

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/republicans-for-biden-movement-organizing-to-take-down-donald-trump-its-going-to-take-off/
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 08:05 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Donald Trump's father was arrested at a Ku Klux Klan rally, reports suggest

If your father was in the KKK, would that mean you were? Are people guilty by family ties? Do you want to have generational tests like were done by Nazis to see if people had any Jewish ancestors or bourgeoise ancestors in the case of Stalinism? Do you not believe in the possibility that individuals develop their own independent points of view different from their parents?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 11:23 am
@livinglava,
It does if you, your father, your son in law, the son in laws father have all been sued by the Federal government for racial discrimination numerous time together and separately numerous times and spent hundreds of thousands in fines.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 04:09 pm
Interaction with armed demonstrators leaves Raleigh family shaken, angry and sad

By Steve Wiseman
May 10, 2020 02:47 PM, Updated 2 hours 29 minutes ago

https://www.newsobserver.com/article242632046.html

Pushing his two kids in a stroller along Fayetteville Street on Saturday morning, Deonte Thomas wandered into a confrontation with a small group of armed demonstrators that left him fearing for his family 24 hours later.

Videos shot by the protesters and The News & Observer and posted online show one unidentified man from the group, carrying a large pipe wrench and crossing the street at the intersection with Davie Street. He heads straight toward Thomas, his wife and their children in a crosswalk.

“I will question to the end of my days how I reacted or should have reacted,” Thomas, an attorney for the Wake County public defender’s office, told The News & Observer in an interview Sunday.

“Could I have handled things differently? What is going to happen if someone reacts differently toward them? I wish I was cursing and more aggressive with them in some parts of the video but that just gives them ammunition to say ‘Look at this angry black guy out here cursing in the middle of the street in front of his kids.’”

Thomas is not heard cursing in the video. He and his wife, Durham County assistant district attorney Beth Hopkins Thomas, both laughed nervously during the exchange.

When Deonte Thomas first saw the demonstrators walk up Davie Street and turn the corner to Fayetteville Street, Thomas yelled from across the street for them to keep moving and stay away from his family. He said he poked fun at them for carrying weapons.

“They are not protecting themselves,” Thomas said. “They are literally walking around terrorizing people.”

The group of about a dozen people, carrying flags and firearms, were protesting Saturday in opposition to the stay-at-home orders North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper implemented with his executive orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The group drew national attention when some members stopped at a downtown Subway for a meal and their photos taken by The News & Observer circulated on social media.

The white, male demonstrator who met up with Thomas and his family in the crosswalk stuck out his right arm with his palm open. Thomas, who is black, interpreted it as a Nazi salute.

A Raleigh-based pro-Second Amendment group called Blue Igloo, which live-streamed the demonstration and posted it online, has said that the gesture was not a Nazi salute.

Beth Thomas ducked away from the man and asked that he keep his distance. His response isn’t heard on the video.

Deonte Thomas said he heard the following exchange involving his wife: “My wife had told him to back up and he said something to the effect that, well, I can hit you from here. I can get you from here.”

As for their laughter in the video, Deonte and Beth Thomas said Sunday they were trying not to upset their children by reacting with the fear they were actually feeling.

“My son was asking what was happening the whole time,” Beth Thomas said. “We were trying to talk to him and deal with it in a way that wouldn’t scare him at the same time.”

Deonte Thomas heard the demonstrator say something about how he could smell them. On the video, the man is heard saying something is “sweet” a few times before he said, “I can smell you from here.”

“I heard smell and that was something that was reflected in the video,” Deonte Thomas said. “I didn’t know what he was talking about. Something about smelling sweet? That wasn’t something I had heard. I heard smell and I heard something about MLK.”

The Thomases continued across the street away from the man. The protesters moved up Fayetteville Street away from the Thomases

Later Saturday, both Deonte and Beth Thomas posted on their Facebook pages about the incident and how upsetting it was. Some of the responses to their posts were from people who agreed with the demonstrators and found nothing wrong with the man’s actions.
A range of emotions

The Thomases live in downtown Raleigh and take their children on walks in the area often. The interaction occurred near the Wake County Courthouse where Deonte Thomas works.

“What kills me right now is that it’s just so clear,” Beth Thomas said. “To those people and all their supporters on their Facebook group, this is merely entertainment for them, is what this seems like. They are having fun with this whole thing.

“What people really don’t seem to understand is how we view our safety or our children’s safety from now until eternity. Every time something like this happens, this chips away at our sense of security.”

On their Facebook page, a Blue Igloo administrator posted that the MLK comment Deonte Thomas heard was about civil disobedience. The post also denied that the man said the Thomases smelled bad.

Deonte Thomas wasn’t buying any of that on Sunday as he replayed the event over and over in his mind.

“I’m going through being angry about it to being sad about it to being angry about it again,” Thomas said, “to being scared for my son and what possibly could have happened if things had possibly gone another way.”

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/article242632046.html#storylink=cpy

Yep, only good people. I wonder if the resident neo-nazis from this group have strutting around strapped. Trump's basket of deplorables.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 04:19 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Interaction with armed demonstrators leaves Raleigh family shaken, angry and sad

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 07:15 pm

Wonderful graphics!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 07:20 pm
China reports 14 new coronavirus cases, high-risk area resurfaces
Source: Reuters

MAY 9, 2020 / 11:16 PM

BEIJING (Reuters) - China’s National Health Commission reported 14 new confirmed coronavirus cases on May 9, the highest number since April 28 and up from only one case a day earlier, according to data published on Sunday.

Of the new cases, two were imported infections. The remaining 12 confirmed cases were locally transmitted, including 11 cases in the northeastern province of Jilin.

Newly discovered asymptomatic cases were at 20, the highest since May 1 and up from 15 a day earlier, according to the health commission.

No new deaths were reported, it said.

The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country reached 82,901 as of May 9, while the total death toll from the virus stood at 4,633, it said.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china/china-reports-14-new-coronavirus-cases-high-risk-area-resurfaces-idUSKBN22M00V?il=0

Well, that's the Rockin' Good News from China! To further lift our spirits, here's even more fun stuff, courtesy of The Atlantic:
coldjoint

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 07:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
China’s National Health Commission reported

That is where to stop reading. Anything out of China about this is not reliable, it is like expecting Schiff to tell the truth.